Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT Raves About Bengals Owner Mike Brown
New Bengals coach Zac Taylor spent an hour with the media at the NFL's annual meeting on Tuesday. Taylor raved about Bengals owner Mike Brown and said Brown wants to win more than anything. He said the relationship was something different because he talks to him every day and doesn't think there are many owners that basically have an open door policy. "Can you imagine (taking a step back)? It’s something you done every day of your life. I would never want to walk away from it. I wouldn’t want it any other way," Taylor said. Taylor said he didn't know how many coaches talk to their owner every day, but said his previous experiences were different. "The two I worked for previously didn’t live in that city," he said. "Obviously probably not talking every day if you live elsewhere. And they were great owners. But they lived elsewhere."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41059207-4
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor pretty much loves everyone we've complained about...here is hoping we are all complete morons and he's right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who wouldn't want to be mentored by Mike Brown on football. He's taught Zac Taylor so much!
Reply/Quote
Just move the damn team to Mexico City.

Nobody in this country wants to watch this FO shit show in the U.S. anymore.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I understand backing the owner but the shit that came out of Troy's mouth sure needs to be shut down.

You do not talk down to the fans like that who have so much knowledge of the failure of this FO it isn't funny.

We have bled orange and black, have put our hard earned money into it and get shit on and he says we don't know said shit.
Reply/Quote
Shoot me if I had to talk to that tree sloth every and listen to him tell me how badly he wants to win. I actually feel sorry for Merv at the moment
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:30 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Shoot me if I had to talk to that tree sloth every and listen to him tell me how badly he wants to win. I actually feel sorry for Merv at the moment

We all deal with this sort of thing, don't we?  Mike Brown WANTS to win like your wife who eats half a gallon of ice cream every night WANTS to look good in a bikini.  We all WANT things we don't even attempt to attain.

I can't even count the number of people I knew who WANTED SO BADLY to be famous actors or musicians or something, yet didn't take a single acting class, or write a single song, or blah blah blah.

Actions speak louder than words.  If Mike Brown WANTED to win at all (much less so badly, for serious you guys) he would have hired a GM after the Akli Smith debacle.  
Reply/Quote
There goes Zac's credibility. The young guy saying anything to please his first real job employer.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He may be right. Mike Brown may care deeply about winning at this stage of his life when his time on this planet is coming to a close. How many more season's does he have in him? I know one thing though, this has not always been the case, in my opinion. I think loyalty and profit came before winning before.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:45 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: . I think loyalty and profit came before winning before.

Still does
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
This is probably why they hired him.

He's really good at brown nosing.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:49 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Still does

Maybe, yet in recent years I have noticed "some" changes in the way the team is run. For example: Mike Brown would honor contracts for good or for bad keeping players here longer than they should have been.( Coaches too for that matter.) If this was still the case, I believe Burfict would still be here. Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe Mike Brown has his new head coach "buffaloed" Maybe  3 spirits visited Mike Brown in the middle of the night? I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: There goes Zac's credibility. The young guy saying anything to please his first real job employer.

Lol, what do you expect him to say?
Reply/Quote
1. How does the process in free agency work with a franchise like Cincinnati?

"We sit down and talk about our roster in and out. What is best for us? What do you think? What do you think? ‘OK we like this guy, let’s pursue this guy.’ It has been as clear and open communication as I’ve ever been around. I’ve got a ton or respect for (Bengals player personnel director) Duke (Tobin) and his staff. They are diligent workers. Tireless. It’s been a really fun process for the whole coaching staff. There’s no egos involved. That’s the key. Everyone can say how they feel. Have an open discussion about it and then proceed accordingly. That’s been really fun to go through with Duke and his staff."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/03/26/cincinnati-bengals-zac-taylor-nfl-owners-meetings-andy-dalton-bobby-hart/3283660002/
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: There goes Zac's credibility. The young guy saying anything to please his first real job employer.

His credibility will  begin and end on the field.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:05 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Maybe, yet in recent years I have noticed "some" changes in the way the team is run. For example: Mike Brown would honor contracts for good or for bad keeping players here longer than they should have been.( Coaches too for that matter.) If this was still the case, I believe Burfict would still be here. Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe Mike Brown has his new head coach "buffaloed" Maybe  3 spirits visited Mike Brown in the middle of the night? I don't know.

I'd say they've made the absolute bare minimum changes for a team searching for a playoff game for the 1st time in 27+ years. <-- See I made some changes too. I said 'searching for a playoff win.'

Most teams fire coaches and GM's every 2-3-4-5 years when they don't win playoff games. Not here. How many other teams keep a coach that's 0-7 in the playoffs.

Largely the same management team that hasn't won a playoff game in 27+ years meets with ZT daily.

But, the thing we need to realize is they own the team and can and will do whatever they want.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: New Bengals coach Zac Taylor spent an hour with the media at the NFL's annual meeting on Tuesday. Taylor raved about Bengals owner Mike Brown and said Brown wants to win more than anything. He said the relationship was something different because he talks to him every day and doesn't think there are many owners that basically have an open door policy. "Can you imagine (taking a step back)? It’s something you done every day of your life. I would never want to walk away from it. I wouldn’t want it any other way," Taylor said. Taylor said he didn't know how many coaches talk to their owner every day, but said his previous experiences were different. "The two I worked for previously didn’t live in that city," he said. "Obviously probably not talking every day if you live elsewhere. And they were great owners. But they lived elsewhere."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41059207-4

I wish Mike and his family lived in a different city. Melbourne, Australia perhaps?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 12:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wish Mike and his family lived in a different city. Melbourne, Australia perhaps?

Do they have Wendy’s there?

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:29 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Lol, what do you expect him to say?

Well, don't have to butter up so much to the boss, there are so many other things he can compliment, like the beauty of the helmet, the stadium and our cheerleaders. :drool:
Reply/Quote