Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Zac Taylor
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/i-just-lost-my-cool-bengals-qb-jake-browning-laments-cussing-at-zac-taylor/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/i-just-lost-my-cool-bengals-qb-jake-browning-laments-cussing-at-zac-taylor/

Not a good look for Jake, especially contrasting him with the always even keeled Burrow.  

The "should have never fcking cut me" yell was also a bit much for me. 

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not a good look for Jake, especially contrasting him with the always even keeled Burrow.  

Good point. Mayfield learned that chip on your shoulder can get you into trouble. He’s finally licked it. I don’t think Jake has.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not a good look for Jake, especially contrasting him with the always even keeled Burrow.  

its good to have passion though... Like Jakes Fire
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its good to have passion though... Like Jakes Fire

I guess, I can see why some would like it, I dont need that from my QB though.  The Vikings thing was stupid, that was a totally different staff than the one he played for.

Just an odd look after watching Joe the past few years

Reply/Quote

Don't see a problem with it. You get a playcall and get blasted, then do something very similar the next play and get blasted again and nearly lose the ball, you should be upset. Maybe Burrow just needs a bit more fire. If he's not fired up to protect himself from plays that clearly aren't working, nobody else will be.

Brady and Manning weren't always even keeled. They need that fire in them, and it needs to be let out at times, they just can't let it rule them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't see a problem with it. You get a playcall and get blasted, then do something very similar the next play and get blasted again and nearly lose the ball, you should be upset. Maybe Burrow just needs a bit more fire. If he's not fired up to protect himself from plays that clearly aren't working, nobody else will be.

Brady and Manning weren't always even keeled. They need that fire in them, and it needs to be let out at times, they just can't let it rule them.

Sounds like they laughed about it:

Taylor didn’t exactly let it go, but he was able to de-escalate the situation some.
“I was biting at him a little bit on the headset,” he said with a smile. “We had a good little communication there.”

The sack set up 3rd-and-18, and Browning answered with one of his most impressive throws of the day, a 25-yard completion to Trenton Irwin at the 7-yard line.
Two plays later, Browning hit rookie Andrei Iosivas for a 7-yard touchdown pass to put the Bengals up 31-0, and he was running off the field he stopped at the sideline and shared a laugh with Taylor.

“He was great as always. He’s always here,” Browning said, holding his hand flat and perpendicular above the dais as he moved it slowly. “I was through the roof pissed off. I can’t be doing that to the guy who gave me a shot.”
The naked bootlegs have been a strength of Browning’s, which is why Taylor has increased the frequency in which he calls them. But they always come with risk as an unblocked defender is the responsibility of the quarterback to beat.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't see a problem with it. You get a playcall and get blasted, then do something very similar the next play and get blasted again and nearly lose the ball, you should be upset. Maybe Burrow just needs a bit more fire. If he's not fired up to protect himself from plays that clearly aren't working, nobody else will be.

Like I said, some people like it.  I think it is way too emotional for a QB, but that is just my preference.  His little rant vs the new Vikings regime was odd to me as well.  Reminds me of a young Baker Mayfield.  I prefer the cool and steady Burrow approach.

Reply/Quote
I'm good with Browning showing some fire just as I like Burrow showing some fire.

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 03:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Like I said, some people like it.  I think it is way too emotional for a QB, but that is just my preference.  His little rant vs the new Vikings regime was odd to me as well.  Reminds me of a young Baker Mayfield.  I prefer the cool and steady Burrow approach.

I think after 4 years languishing on practice squads he had some pent up emotion.  Hopefully it's out of his system.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote