Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor Extended
No brainer Burtow is not the level of QB he is without Zac and Zac is not the level of HC without Burrow, they fit together
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No brainer Burtow is not the level of  QB he is without Zac and Zac is not the level of HC without Burrow, they fit together

[Image: 0512dd8b5febf794501545cb2e903ae4600921.jpg?v=3]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No brainer Burtow is not the level of QB he is without Zac and Zac is not the level of HC without Burrow, they fit together

Yeah, Burrow never accomplished anything noteworthy without Zac Taylor… Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Hoping we don't regret this in a couple of years He will be coach for 4 more years no matter how much he succeeds or fails.

It took McVay a few years to get back to the dance…. I think this is the right move. Taylor obviously is a guy that players like
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No brainer Burtow is not the level of QB he is without Zac and Zac is not the level of HC without Burrow, they fit together

Um… based on? I think burrow is generational, and would succeed under most coaches and situations.

With the jags… maybe not.

With the bears, competing for nfcn championship ms and sbs. He is that good.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Um… based on? I think burrow is generational, and would succeed under most coaches and situations.

The two biggest determining factors for success in winning
1) talent at qb position
2) calling the right play against the offense/defense at the right time

Burrow has to ask him self whether he wants to be great (maybe 1 Super Bowl)

Or generational and challenge Brady/Montana

We would agree he has the talent to be that good

The later however requires position or head coach with a high foot ball
IQ .Brady had this with McDaniel and Montana with Walsh

We haven’t seen enough to know if Taylor will
Grow

His game plan on Sunday and history in Miami and with Goffs super bowl telle me he is average football IQ and nothing more
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No brainer Burtow is not the level of  QB he is without Zac and Zac is not the level of HC without Burrow, they fit together

No way. There are a bunch of teams and coaches that could succeed with Burrow.

Tomlin finished .500 or above no matter what happens to their roster for instance.

Now maybe if Burrow was on the Jags he's worse...but I think Lawrence was starting to be figured out in college. So I don't know.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor said he supports the o line and says they are great… gearing up for a weak free agency and another year not addressing the o line?? God help us
Reply/Quote
LMAO. Mike Brown attends every practice and every walk through. The entire front office is Browns and very intertwined with the team. Mike Brown also knows plenty of experts around the league and former players like Anthony Munoz and the like. The fact he immediately did this means one thing… he’s had a ringing endorsement from the world and the players instead of many of you message boards geniuses. ?????????????????????
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:05 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO. Mike Brown attends every practice and every walk through. The entire front office is Browns and very intertwined with the team. Mike Brown also knows plenty of experts around the league and former players like Anthony Munoz and the like. The fact he immediately did this means one thing… he’s had a ringing endorsement from the world and the players instead of many of you message boards geniuses. ?????????????????????

Yes. I think people underestimate how hard it is to build a good line. It's not as easy as spending. It's highly competitive to sign good lineman as they're scarce.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Burrow never accomplished anything noteworthy without Zac Taylor… Ninja

please tell me in the NFL what he has accomplished without Zac as his coach ??? college is behind us, history has shown how at times good college QBs get different coaches, different coordinators and don;t achieve the expectations... I will just take Burrow at his word, that Taylor has made him a better NFL QB.. and Taylor has said the same about Burrow as a coach.. hmmm I think im done...  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: please tell me in the NFL what he has accomplished without Zac as his coach ??? college is behind us, history has shown how at times good college QBs get different coaches, different coordinators and don;t achieve the expectations... I will just take Burrow at his word, that Taylor has made him a better NFL QB.. and Taylor has said the same about Burrow as a coach.. hmmm I think im done...  ThumbsUp

I'm sure Burrow would be out of the league by now if noobs like Lafleur, Shanahan, Tomlin, or Harbaugh coached him.

People are generally being positive about Taylor's extension. Let's not be outrageous and act like he made Burrow. Burrow is 2 years + older than most rookie qbs and was about as close to a finished product as they come.

Taylor as an OC...well without Burrow we know what that history looks like. Even with Burrow, our offense would struggle for halves and our offense wasn't good all postseason. We kicked a lot of fgs...instead of score tds.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm sure Burrow would be out of the league by now if noobs like Lafleur, Shanahan, Tomlin, or Harbaugh coached him.

People are generally being positive about Taylor's extension. Let's not be outrageous and act like he made Burrow. Burrow is 2 years + older than most rookie qbs and was about as close to a finished product as they come.

Taylor as an OC...well without Burrow we know what that history looks like. Even with Burrow, our offense would struggle for halves and our offense wasn't good all postseason. We kicked a lot of fgs...instead of score tds.

Burrow definitely holds the higher percentage in terms of who makes who. However, I think something we should consider, Taylor has not had a quality starting QB until Burrow. Many will say Dalton, but what exactly has Dalton done since he left. He’s been a back up. Is Finley on a team? Brandon Allen is also a back up and not a great one. Burrow is his only quality starter he has had.
. Now we don’t get to the super bowl without Burrow, but I do think bad QB play until Burrow has hampered ZT as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:43 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Burrow definitely holds the higher percentage in terms of who makes who. However, I think something we should consider, Taylor has not had a quality starting QB until Burrow. Many will say Dalton, but what exactly has Dalton done since he left. He’s been a back up. Is Finley on a team? Brandon Allen is also a back up and not a great one. Burrow is his only quality starter he has had.
. Now we don’t get to the super bowl without Burrow, but I do think bad QB play until Burrow has hampered ZT as well.

Marvin seemed to be able to take the team to the playoffs with Dalton.

I don't know. Put Burrow on the 2011-2015 Bengals and what happens? Those teams had better lines. Good weapons.

Put Dalton as the qb on this years Bengals and what happens?

I think time will tell on Taylor. A team with Burrow should win championships. At some point in the future, I hope they win several.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: please tell me in the NFL what he has accomplished without Zac as his coach ??? college is behind us, history has shown how at times good college QBs get different coaches, different coordinators and don;t achieve the expectations... I will just take Burrow at his word, that Taylor has made him a better NFL QB.. and Taylor has said the same about Burrow as a coach.. hmmm I think im done...  ThumbsUp

You can’t just hand wave away a season like Burrow had in 2019. Records broken (playing in the SEC mind you), Heisman trophy, National championship win. His resume is far, far more impressive without Taylor, than Taylor’s is without Burrow. That’s undebatable.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 0512dd8b5febf794501545cb2e903ae4600921.jpg?v=3]

(02-16-2022, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Burrow never accomplished anything noteworthy without Zac Taylor… Ninja

(02-16-2022, 11:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Um… based on? I think burrow is generational, and would succeed under most coaches and situations.

Chill, guys. Pretty sure he's not saying Zac "makes" Burrow or anything...but imagine if Burrow played for a conservative coach like Marvin Lewis. Would that coach listen to Joe? Would he run so many empty sets? Would he stay aggressive (which is Joe's mindset)?

Someone like Zac is the perfect pairing for Joe. Offensive minded former QB who is young and listens.. They do compliment each other.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Chill, guys. Pretty sure he's not saying Zac "makes" Burrow or anything...but imagine if Burrow played for a conservative coach like Marvin Lewis. Would that coach listen to Joe? Would he run so many empty sets? Would he stay aggressive (which is Joe's mindset)?

Someone like Zac is the perfect pairing for Joe. Offensive minded former QB who is young and listens.. They do compliment each other.

His posting history would suggest differently…

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His posting history would suggest differently…

I posted that before seeing his last post.

Maybe I shouldn't speak for Essex. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 03:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: He said he called the play late on the clock, which suggests he'd probably have to burn a timeout. I was pretty excited at that point and don't remember, did we have any left?

We had 2 left. It was literally the worst possible play you could call imo. They ran it out the shotgun straight at Donald 1v1 on rg. And yet, if perine extends his arm it's a first down.  Cry
Reply/Quote
Glad we resigned him, also not like surprised or anything He is a good coach that is still learning and getting better. No coach is perfect. the future is definitely bright.
Reply/Quote