Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor Future
The HC is 2-16, one of worst starts of any coach in history. We fired a guy with  winning record so ho much leash do we give him before we demand his removal?

A head coach has one job, to win. He has failed miserably.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
At least until next season. I actually like the guy and think he is building a good program here but has had a share of bad luck gone his way as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 12:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The HC is 2-18, one of worst starts of any coach in history. We fired a guy with  wiining record so ho much leash do we give him before we demand his removal?

A head coach has one job, to win. He has failed miserably.

He's actually at 2-16. Still one of the worst starts ever and certainly the worst start for any Bengals HC.

(09-19-2020, 12:12 AM)J24 Wrote: At least until next season. I actually like the guy and think he is building a good program here but has had a share of bad luck gone his way as well.

He really needs to get past Marvin's 6 wins of 2018 this season, meaning 6-10. He's got a better roster than that team had, which started Driskel at QB for several games and didn't have AJ for half a season. If Taylor cannot beat that, then he's worse than Marvin in a bad Marvin year. We don't need that, not even going into next season.

Reply/Quote
Eh, I feel like you give him the season.

If the team shows promise and growth, you stick with him. This team was never going to win more then 4 or 5 games this year, so the W/L record isn't what you should look at. The real indication of things would be if the team shows improvement from week 1 to week 8 to week 16.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
You've got to give him this season. If he goes 2-14 or 3-13, he should be fired but he won't be.

I will say this, if they do fire him; I think there would be more decent potential coaches who would take the job than last time. Having the QB position set for years is huge and very attractive to many coaches.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the front office is even thinking about letting ZT go at this point. I think the focus would be on coordinators first to go like Sweet Lou and Turner. Taylor may not be respected by some fans, but players respect him and the front office is high on him.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:54 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think the front office is even thinking about letting ZT go at this point.  I think the focus would be on coordinators first to go like Sweet Lou and Turner.  Taylor may not be respected by some fans, but players respect him and the front office is high on him.

Why do people keep saying "Players respect him"? What are the players doing to even show this? I mean, obviously they're going to say positive things, but I don't see how he's anymore respected then any other coach.
Reply/Quote
I think it'd take a 4-12 season or worse for the FO to even consider removing Zac. If anything, they'd probably make coordinator along with position coach changes and give Zac one more season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We have got to give him until the end of the season at least. He has just put his team together so he needs time to make it gel.
I think the biggest problem is the other coaches, he came in that late and we had that bad a rep that we hired the only people that would take the jobs at that point.
With the signings we made this off season and in the draft, if we get rid of Lou & Turner I bet we could get a lot better people wanting the jobs now
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:09 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why do people keep saying "Players respect him"? What are the players doing to even show this? I mean, obviously they're going to say positive things, but I don't see how he's anymore respected then any other coach.

Aside from players speaking positively about the atmosphere at team events, the Bengals are very rarely penalized. For a 2-14 team there is a lot to be said about that and there isn't public dissent about his regime like there is about Gase or there was about Gruden or the entire Jaguars organization.

I don't love him but I think the on-field product would improve a ton given better coordinators, specifically on defense because Joe can run the offense by himself. I wouldn’t know who to hire but I have heard good things about Weaver from Houston. Rex Ryan product.
Reply/Quote
If he gets to 0-8 you have to consider replacing him. I value continuity so I hope he turns it around.

I’ll say this; I can’t stand the team’s motto for this season. “Think we can” has got to be the most uninspiring motto in the history of mottos if you’re older than 5. If he came up with it, it speaks volumes to me about his disposition. It also compliments his pedestrian play calling. Either way, he signed off on it and it’s whack.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I think the next Browns game will be the deciding factor for MB. If we compete Mike keeps him. If we get embarrassed he goes.
Reply/Quote
If he has a bad season I can see them making him let go of trying to be the OC and hiring one, which is fine by me. Taylor seems like a good coach but maybe not a very good OC. Honestly a change at OC and DC could serve this team well. The jury is still out, but right now it isnt looking good for those guys.
Reply/Quote
It’s clear as day he wasn’t ready to be a HC (especially one that calls his own plays), and that he’s not this young offensive genius a la Sean McVay that we were sold. I say don’t waste a second longer of Burrow’s rookie contract than we have to. I’d be absolutely fine with firing him right now and putting Darin Simmons in there as the interim, but if they don’t, and he doesn’t start winning some games he HAS to go this offseason.

Go after Bieniemy, or anyone else that has at least proven something at the OC/DC level. No more position coaches please.

Reply/Quote
I go by the rule of 3 you give a player 3 years to develop and you give a HC or Coordinator 3 seasons to build.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Zac IMO simply lacks too many things to be a successful HC.

1. I think hes insecure. Remember when Jack Del Rio interviewed for the DC job? He didnt get it. I think one resson
Why Zac showed him the door was cause in case ZT was removed as HC Del Rio would have been right there
To replace him. Zac knews his band of coordinators barely had resumes to qualify as OC and DC.
Hes not threatened by Callhan or Anarumo to get his HC gig.

2. He cant win close games. Hes likes what 1 and 11 in games decided by a TD or less.

3. He hasnt learned from last year. His clock management is worse. He's not adjusting in the 2nd half.

4. He gets outcoached every game. Heck Freddie Kitchens beat him last year.

5. I have not heard one player exactly give him a ringing endorsement as far as believing in his abilities as a HC.

6. He thinks he the smartest guy in the room.
One thing I liked about Marvin Lewis was,Marvin always felt he could do a better job a HC.
He would take responsibity for his losses
As ZT ever said he could do a better job. Has he ever said its my fault why we lost.

7. Hes a assembled a 3rd rate coaching staff. None of his coaches could get the same jobs if they were fired today.
Maybe Bicknell.

8. No one fears ZT. Players feared Zimmer and Lewis to a degree. ZT has all the fear of a Uber drive in Upper Arlington
Reply/Quote
If he doesnt reach .500 this year fire him.
Reply/Quote
Not So Fun Fact: Dave Shula made it 7 games into YEAR 5 before he was fired.

I honestly think he'd need to go 0-16 this season to get the boot.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 12:47 AM)BengalChris Wrote: He's actually at 2-16. Still one of the worst starts ever and certainly the worst start for any Bengals HC.

He really needs to get past Marvin's 6 wins of 2018 this season, meaning 6-10. He's got a better roster than that team had, which started Driskel at QB for several games and didn't have AJ for half a season. If Taylor cannot beat that, then he's worse than Marvin in a bad Marvin year. We don't need that, not even going into next season.

TY

Knew he was 2-16, but hit wrong button. I edited post.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Zac Taylor has a future as a head coach in the NFL.
Reply/Quote