Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor coaching career analysis.
(10-10-2022, 09:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's the thing: You give me a name from this forum and I can tell you what their opinion of Zac's coaching is going to be if we lose regardless of the gameplan.

Last night the Philly Special was stupid, but anyone bitching in this thread who says they would not have bitched if we'd ran 3 straight plays and got stuffed settled for the FG and still lost would not be bitching about play calling today is just lying...

We tried to start the game with a few wrinkles, they didn't work and we went away from them. Nobody knows how losing Higgins after he suited up hurt us. Yet we still took the AFC North favorite down to the wire at their house.

I miss the Zac that played "Not to lose" but many hated that and it seems we've gone away from it.

The dude got us our 1st playoff win since Boomer Esiason, made it to a Super Bowl and was 1 second away from winning it; anyone who says he hasn't doesn't deserve this job is just mad and irrational.

Thing is I'm NOT saying fire him as HC. I'm saying it's blatantly obvious he's not an NFL level OC. 

Admit it Zac and step aside as OC and hire an experienced, proven one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Thing is I'm NOT saying fire him as HC. I'm saying it's blatantly obvious he's not an NFL level OC. 

Admit it Zac and step aside as OC and hire an experienced, proven one.

Hell, we’ll probably end up with his brother, Press if JAX decides to fire him.

Reply/Quote
We are running offense as if we are allergic to getting yards.

I understand running the short dink and dunk offense when you are giving up 7 sacks a game but the line is playing well and we are still running the short BS offense.

I’m starting to think Zac and Burrow value their stats over winning.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
So who holds Zac accountable to make some changes, ownership? I assume Zac will remain loyal to his assistant coaches, playbook, and coaching philosophy. He did, after all, make it to the Super Bowl. The confirms with his inner-voice he's doing the right things. I'm guessing he won't quickly adapt for now since they are 2-3. He'll develop a "patience" theme to right the ship with his approach.

If change is needed for Zac regarding play calling or anything else, I assume it has to be a top-down decision from the Brown/Blackburn family as the owners.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's the thing: You give me a name from this forum and I can tell you what their opinion of Zac's coaching is going to be if we lose regardless of the gameplan.

Last night the Philly Special was stupid, but anyone bitching in this thread who says they would not have bitched if we'd ran 3 straight plays and got stuffed settled for the FG and still lost would not be bitching about play calling today is just lying...

We tried to start the game with a few wrinkles, they didn't work and we went away from them. Nobody knows how losing Higgins after he suited up hurt us. Yet we still took the AFC North favorite down to the wire at their house.

I miss the Zac that played "Not to lose" but many hated that and it seems we've gone away from it.

The dude got us our 1st playoff win since Boomer Esiason, made it to a Super Bowl and was 1 second away from winning it; anyone who says he hasn't doesn't deserve this job is just mad and irrational.

They won in spite of Zac Taylor. He is complete garbage. Just look at his overall record at this point.  He got lucky and the talent made up for how horrible a coach he really is. Now we're stuck with him. Lucky us.. Hopefully he gets fired after Chase and Burrow dip out..
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie, Zac’s game ball speech today in the locker room hyped me up.

Zac is definitely a players coach
-Housh
Reply/Quote