Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor defenders??
Every knowledgeable football fan knows that a rookie Qbs best friend is a power run game..gameplans centered around some max protection some screen plays and a few shot plays,that's the typical norm any experienced nfl HC  would have set in stone for his rookie qb..

Just to be clear even when the offense was having success Every week I still criticized the game plans simply because I knew it would end up getting joe hurt..whether people wanted to believe it or not this is not LSU,this is not Tom brady's 2007 offensive line and we could not afford to get our qb hurt especially in this fashion..

So I'm very interested to hear what excuses can made for this guy maybe someone can make a strong enough argument to make me change my view,just curious to hear some of your thoughts..
Reply/Quote
My thoughts are:

There are no Zac defenders in this forum

SD doesn't have a power run game

Joe getting hurt would have happened if it was his only throw of the game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac defenders have to.nothing to.defend him.with.
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think there any ZT defenders, not any serious ones at least. Maybe a few that like to just argue.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure I've only seen 1 person on this board support ZT and it was that dude who talked about need another year to change the culture. Almost everyone else here has talked about how he's absolute trash.
Reply/Quote
While I would like to see more of a running game myself the dude was on fire today. Especially in the first half when he was completing 72% of the passes. It's hard for me to be mad at a coach for feeding the hot player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Zack Taylor is the football coach that Mike, Katie, and Walmart
Troy deserve. He’s trash, just like them.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I don't think you'll find many defenders, but without Joe Mixon, there is no power run game to be had

Freak injury, freak play, just proves 2020 sucks, and the curse of Bo Jackson is real.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My thoughts are:

Sled has assured us Zac Taylor is a great coach in the making. He might have even said greatest we’ve ever had iirc...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:18 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I don't think you'll find many defenders, but without Joe Mixon, there is no power run game to be had

Freak injury, freak play, just proves 2020 sucks, and the curse of Bo Jackson is real.

Chalking it up to some silly curse is letting the Brown family off the hook. It’s not a curse. It’s ineptitude.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think you'll find many defenders, but without Joe Mixon, there is no power run game to be had

Perine has been running good enough to keep a team honest to many excuses.. Everyone says dont pay a running back for a reason because they are the lost easily replaced. This freak injury could've been prevented with a complementary run game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chalking it up to some silly curse is letting the Brown family off the hook. It’s not a curse. It’s ineptitude.

I mean.... surely you can tell that was tongue in cheek... Rolleyes

(11-23-2020, 01:49 AM)Coach513 Wrote: Perine has been running good enough to keep a team honest to many excuses.. Everyone says dont pay a running back for a reason because they are the lost easily replaced. This freak injury could've been prevented with a complementary run game. 

Perine isn't scaring anyone...lol. So you're saying we should have just ran it every play? Because that could have happened on ANY dropback. That damn Sean Peyton got Drew Brees' ribs broken last week!!!  LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:04 AM)J24 Wrote: While I would like to see more of a running game myself the dude was on fire today. Especially in the first half when he was completing 72% of the passes. It's hard for me to be mad at a coach for feeding the hot player.

What you should be mad at is that same coach, #1 starting MJ when there were better options and #2 leaving him in when he was getting beaten badly play after play. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Freak injury, freak play, just proves 2020 sucks, and the curse of Bo Jackson is real.

Come on Wyche... That's an easy cop out. 

It was an eventual outcome that could have been avoided if any of a number of jackasses didn't, first, put MJ in the starting lineup and, second, leave him there after getting beat time and time again. 

It has nothing to do with any mythical 'curse'. 

EDIT: you sly dog...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What you should be mad at is that same coach, #1 starting MJ when there were better options and #2 leaving him in when he was getting beaten badly play after play. 

Who was the better option though? Redmond or Price both of those guys suck as well. Honestly we suck at interior line so much I'm not sure either one of those guys are improvements over Jordan.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:06 AM)J24 Wrote: Who was the better option though? Redmond or Price both of those guys suck as well. Honestly we suck at interior line so much I'm not sure either one of those guys are improvements over Jordan.

Redmond, while a penalty machine, doesn't allow defenders to push him back into the QB on a play by play basis. Spain should have gone to LG. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come on Wyche... That's an easy cop out. 

It was an eventual outcome that could have been avoided if any of a number of jackasses didn't, first, put MJ in the starting lineup and, second, leave him there after getting beat time and time again. 

It has nothing to do with any mythical 'curse'. 

EDIT: you sly dog...

I was just about to post "not you too"....and then saw the edit. Cool

Mike Brown has certainly made some VERY stupid decisions, this staff is no bueno, but all jokes aside....this team seems to have shit luck when they actually do things half ass right. Greg Cook, Krumries leg, Wilson's coke binge, Palmer's knee, Dalton's thumb, Jerry Porter on the field, Joe Burrow, David Pollack, Ki-jana Carter, etc, etc. It's friggin insane.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Redmond, while a penalty machine, doesn't allow defenders to push him back into the QB on a play by play basis. Spain should have gone to LG. 

.....and would at least hold his man before he let him bum rush the pocket.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My thoughts are:

Sometimes I still think SD has an NFL team too.

And from this day until next September Cincinnati doesn't have one either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yahoo Sports, Bengals failed Joe Burrow:

The underlying ideology was hard to argue: Healthy quarterbacks are good for virtually everyone, including the fans who consume the product.

But there has always been a flip side to that effort by the league. And it required really only one thing from teams. When you’re blessed with a quarterback who can dramatically alter the future of your franchise for a decade or more, handle him with care.

The league can’t legislate stupidity out of the system. So it has been incumbent upon team owners, general managers and head coaches to make sure they do their part with their defining quarterbacks. If they are blessed with someone special under center, do everything they can to preserve him — both schematically and from a roster-building standpoint.

The Bengals screwed that up in 2020. Plain and simple.
Reply/Quote