Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
It seems to be easier and cheaper to find good RBs than receivers, so it might actually be easier to install a run-oriented offense. However, you need a good defense if you are a run-oriented offense, so it will be interesting to see which DC is brought in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:49 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We kept Vanpelt, Simmons, and Pollack.

(01-13-2019, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Credit when it’s due, those are literally the exact coaches we should be keeping.

I could get used to the team being run like this.

Stole my words, Nicomo. Those are literally the only 3 coaches I would've cared to keep. Plus this lets Taylor fill out 90% of his staff and both coordinator slots. Although I worry the pickings may be slim if this keeps dragging out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:49 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We kept Vanpelt, Simmons, and Pollack.

(01-13-2019, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I hadn't heard Van Pelt. Is this confirmed? If so, I am very happy with that decision as these 3 are tremendous coaches.

Yeah, is this confirmed about Van Pelt?

Was hoping we would keep him.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 10:18 PM)corpjet Wrote: Why make excuses, here are the facts.....

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/12/6/18127299/bengals-rookie-center-billy-price-given-low-marks-by-pff

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/25/17765756/bengals-ol-billy-price-given-low-marks-by-pro-football-focus

Simply go to Pro Football Focus and check out his stats for the year.  Trey Hopkins played with the same offensive line and put up way better numbers.

Well, I am sorry, Jet, but the facts are that he was injured.  And he didn't get much time in camp.  Whether we agree on that point or not is irrelevant.  I believe he will still develop in to a top center.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, I am sorry, Jet, but the facts are that he was injured.  And he didn't get much time in camp.  Whether we agree on that point or not is irrelevant.  I believe he will still develop in to a top center.  

He was in rehab from the combine until after camp. Camp was mostly non-contact for him. And once the season starts, PBA rules do not allow many padded practices. Throw on top of that he was injured in game 2, and what exactly did people expect from him.....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely right!  Dwayne Haskins will be long gone before the Bengals pick.  Personally, as an Ohio State alumnus, I believe Dwayne should have stayed in Columbus at least another year.  It bothers me when sophomores -- or even juniors -- declare for the NFL and if I could change the eligibility ruled to "seniors only" I would. 

Haskins has an amazing arm and great accuracy, but I wonder if he isn't somewhat limited in terms of mobility compared to the likes of Mahommes, Jackson, Wilson, and even Mayfield.  

It seems like there is just a difficulty in defending the mobile QBs that can also throw well on the run....(maybe not so much Jackson, but that was one game and I think a lot of it was game plan).
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He was in rehab from the combine until after camp. Camp was mostly non-contact for him. And once the season starts, PBA rules do not allow many padded practices. Throw on top of that he was injured in game 2, and what exactly did people expect from him.....

Yep. Center seems to be one of the toughest positions for rookies too. Most of the other Centers drafted, played Guard this year.

I think we'll see him improve each year. I don't know that he'll be a great Center anytime soon...but I'd settle for adequate next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Center seems to be one of the toughest positions for rookies too. Most of the other Centers drafted, played Guard this year.

I think we'll see him improve each year. I don't know that he'll be a great Center anytime soon...but I'd settle for adequate next year.

Not to mention putting a decent RG next to him would be helpful as well.....
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Haskins has an amazing arm and great accuracy, but I wonder if he isn't somewhat limited in terms of mobility compared to the likes of Mahommes, Jackson, Wilson, and even Mayfield.  

It seems like there is just a difficulty in defending the mobile QBs that can also throw well on the run....(maybe not so much Jackson, but that was one game and I think a lot of it was game plan).

I think that's the way the NFL is going. So the way to beat these high powered offenses is to blitz them. If you have a mobile QB it can help to evade the blitz.

I kind of think Haskins will be gone. Jones from Duke or Lock might be there.

I'm conflicted on picking a QB. I like it theoretically, BUT we need to fix the offensive line in a big way and that pick is a great chance to do that.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not getting the hate for McAdoo and especially not for Bevell. 

In McAdoo's only stint as an OC, his offenses ranked 10th (2014) and 8th (2015). He was so good he was promoted to Head Coach. Sure, he was a pretty bad HC, but we're not hiring him as HC, we're hiring him as an OC (maybe). 

Bevell is a fantastic candidate. He's coached top 10 offenses in Minnesota and Seattle. He scouted and coached up Russell Wilson. Brett Favre gushes over him all the time. 

Both guys are experienced and would be a huge asset for a young HC like Zac Taylor.

Agree 100%.  I suggested McAdoo for OC almost 2 weeks ago.  He was QB coach under McCarthy before he was OC for the Giants and has a ring from '10.

Bevell is also a former QB coach under McCarthy.  He was not consistently successful with the Vikings, but the Seahawks have been top 11 in scoring 5 of the last 6 years.  He has a ring from '13.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:18 AM)McC Wrote: Do you see the future?  How the hell can you possibly know what kind of career he will have?  Answer--you have no ***** idea.  So just stop.

Signed--

Joey Bosa, Mike Thomas, Zeke Elliott, to name a few.

....as you were typing this wearing your OSU sweatshirt which is over your OSU t-shirt on your computer that had a OSU mouse pad and a OSU wallpaper on your computer.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely right!  Dwayne Haskins will be long gone before the Bengals pick.  Personally, as an Ohio State alumnus, I believe Dwayne should have stayed in Columbus at least another year.  It bothers me when sophomores -- or even juniors -- declare for the NFL and if I could change the eligibility ruled to "seniors only" I would. 

Kudos to you for being an objective OSU fan which is very rare on this board.

Agreed because Haskins had a very difficult time with the blitz and he needs more time to develop the mental part. Wouldn’t disagree with Haskins physical skills but question if he learned enough for the pros.

Reply/Quote
There is a lot of evidence that successful QB's in the NFL had a certain number of starts or snaps as a starter. Essentially the longer they stayed the better the chance of success.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Up until last year, exactly how many Buckeyes have we drafted? Price was the Nation's best center. We needed a center and we got him.  His rookie season was tough but most rookie centers struggle. An awesome football mind like you, should know that... Ninja

Frank Ragnow from Arkansas was arguably the top center in the draft not Price. Thanks for proving My point about OSU fans not being objective about their players.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:02 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Frank Ragnow from Arkansas was arguably the top center in the draft not Price.  Thanks for proving My point about OSU fans not being objective about their players.  

And how did Ragnow do his first year as an NFL center... oh, wait....
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 07:51 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: ....as you were typing this wearing your OSU sweatshirt which is over your OSU t-shirt on your computer that had a OSU mouse pad and a OSU wallpaper on your computer.  

In fact, I can't stand Ohio State.  But I'm not stupid enough to think it's impossible for a good QB to come out of there just because one hasn't so far.

Quick, name all the great QB's from Texas Tech before Mahomes.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:31 PM)McC Wrote: In fact, I can't stand Ohio State.  But I'm not stupid enough to think it's impossible for a good QB to come out of there just because one hasn't so far.

Quick, name all the great QB's from Texas Tech before Mahomes.  

This years draft doesn't seem to have a clear-cut #1...but there are 3-4 guys who could turn out to be the best QB.

A lot will depend on situation.

IF one comes here and we sit him for a year and address the offensive line and get him good coaching...I think they will be successful.

IF we draft one and rush him into starting and don't address the line...then they likely won't.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:02 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Frank Ragnow from Arkansas was arguably the top center in the draft not Price.  Thanks for proving My point about OSU fans not being objective about their players.  

You ever hear of the Remington Award? It goes to the top center in football. Price won it his senior year. Why you so butthurt about OSU?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This years draft doesn't seem to have a clear-cut #1...but there are 3-4 guys who could turn out to be the best QB.

A lot will depend on situation.

IF one comes here and we sit him for a year and address the offensive line and get him good coaching...I think they will be successful.

IF we draft one and rush him into starting and don't address the line...then they likely won't.

I don't have any problem at all replacing Andy.  Nobody plays forever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Wait Darrell Bevelle or whatever is the guy that didn't give the ball to Marshawn Lynch on the one yard line in the Super Bowl right?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote