Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
(01-14-2019, 04:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That is a head scratcher, but wasn't he a pretty well known WR coach before he came here?  Maybe some of the lack of getting open had more to do with offensive scheme than anything else.  Going to be a lot of turnover on the staff.

To his credit, he’s only been here a year and Boyd was vastly improved over 2017. He still has work to with the others. As for AJ, that talent was here before his arrival. Doesn’t matter, that can’t be coached anyway. It is natural.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 05:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: To his credit, he’s only been here a year and Boyd was vastly improved over 2017. He still has work to with the others. As for AJ, that talent was here before his arrival. Doesn’t matter, that can’t be coached anyway. It is natural.

True that Harley. TB made huge strides this season. I think that, aside from Simmons, the FO looked to make a clean break from Marvin, as most of these guys that were kept haven't been around very long.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Even taking Ross out of the equation and giving that AJ and Boyd are good to go, I'm just looking at the consistent lack of production from Core and Malone. Erickson can at least catch the ball. I see no improvement in Malone or Core.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My point was, the people who decides who gets these awards, decided Price was the best center his senior year. It had nothing to do with the fact he played at OSU..

Well, he did in part.  If Price played for Bowling Green,  he wouldn't have won the Remington.  College awards are largely a joke because a player can be made to look a lot better or worse than they actually are based on the talent around them.  That's why scouting QB's is so ridiculously hard.
Reply/Quote
At this point I just wish there would be another leak. I want something/someone to research and get excited about. I don’t even care if it isn’t true!!!

Also, I’m ready for the Rams to lose.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:24 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: At this point I just wish there would be another leak. I want something/someone to research and get excited about. I don’t even care if it isn’t true!!!

Same here. There’s no shame to losing to Drew Brees and Sean Payton on the road either.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 11:24 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: At this point I just wish there would be another leak. I want something/someone to research and get excited about. I don’t even care if it isn’t true!!!

I'm rooting for Big Whit to get his ring. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 05:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Even taking Ross out of the equation and giving that AJ and Boyd are good to go, I'm just looking at the consistent lack of production from Core and Malone. Erickson can at least catch the ball. I see no improvement in Malone or Core.

Malone was getting great reviews during training camp and even caught a few TDs in preseason if I remember correctly. He and Boyd were the reasons why the Bengals were confident to cut LaFell. Then he had that freakish INT happen against the Panthers and suddenly he was mysteriously out with a "hamstring injury" for 2 months. Even when he was finally off the injury report, he was a healthy scratch for 3 games then finally saw the field against Pittsburgh where Driskel couldn't do anything. I fear that was a case of Marvin's doghouse. He wasn't even given a chance to redeem himself yet Core was allowed to drop crucial balls in divisional games without losing his spot.

And as much as we shit on Core, he's a 6th round receiver at the end of the day and is purely a special teams guy. Any production we get out of him is a blessing.

Hell, it even took Lazor like 12 games to put Erickson in the slot instead of using him like John Ross on the outside.

I'll just say look at the Rams as soon as Kupp went out. They had guys like Josh Reynolds stepping up and he was a 4th round receiver. That's just better coaching and I think Taylor can bring that here. Malone, Erickson and maybe even Core could see a jump. I also think we'll draft a receiver in round 3 or 4 too.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully someone gets MFin Auden Tate on the GD field.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 05:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  I see no improvement in Malone or Core.

Fourth and sixt rounders.  Overwhelming majority of WRs taken that late never amount to anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 01:17 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Hopefully someone gets MFin Auden Tate on the GD field.

hes been on the field dropping important passes...  which probly didn't help him stay on the field.

but I know you really mean Brandon tate... And I miss him to... so much better than this Alden tate.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 03:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: According to Dehner, we kept Simmons, Van Pelt, Pollack, Bob Bicknell (WR), Robert Livingston and Daronte Jones (DB's). It makes sense we would keep the DB coach, since they ranked 7th, not sure why a WR coach was kept when our guys not named Green or Boyd can't get open or catch the damn ball......

Can't coach stupid or useless. No coach can make anything out of Cody Core.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 12:51 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I'm rooting for Big Whit to get his ring. 

I love whit and would love that to happen..

but really I want them to lose so we can have a coach lol
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Haskins has an amazing arm and great accuracy, but I wonder if he isn't somewhat limited in terms of mobility compared to the likes of Mahommes, Jackson, Wilson, and even Mayfield.  

It seems like there is just a difficulty in defending the mobile QBs that can also throw well on the run....(maybe not so much Jackson, but that was one game and I think a lot of it was game plan).

Haskins is limited in terms of mobility so the O-Line would need to be solid for him to be successful.  But he has an elite arm.  Breaking Drew Brees record for TD's is not small task.  

With that said, I would think Dalton is adequate if not above average and the new HC will want some stability the first year.  But, I think the team will be looking at QB in 2020 draft.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 03:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I love whit and would love that to happen..

but really I want them to lose so we can have a coach lol

He's (most likely) ours regardless, might as well get him and our fan favorite a ring in the meantime.  :andy:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 04:09 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He's (most likely) ours regardless, might as well get him and our fan favorite a ring in the meantime.  :andy:

I'm fine if that happens just don't like the waiting....  Hopefully most the coaches he wants are still available or still coaching in the playoffs as well.
Reply/Quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1085643738825744384

So Mcadoo?

Reply/Quote
If this continues we are going to have very young staff it seems like all the experienced OC and DC are going to be gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 06:23 PM)mon4078 Wrote: If this continues we are going to have very young staff it seems like all the experienced OC and DC are going to be gone.

It is concerning to say the least. I hope they have a solid plan.

Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for the Chiefs to win the Superbowl. So at this point I wish the Saints would go ahead and beat the Rams so we can get this over with and focus on the draft and free agency.
Reply/Quote