Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
I'm not sure if they retained Van pelt but what about him as OC. I dont really know a lot about him but it seemed like Rogers thought highly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're now seeing the downfall of having to wait through the playoffs for a HC. Kubiak and Bevell are now gone. So if Monken. Of the OC's we've been linked to, how many are available? And that's just one spot. We have to fill out an entire coaching staff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're now seeing the downfall of having to wait through the playoffs for a HC. Kubiak and Bevell are now gone. So if Monken. Of the OC's we've been linked to, how many are available? And that's just one spot. We have to fill out an entire coaching staff.

McAdoo's name was tossed out at one point.

Haven't heard a word about DC.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: McAdoo's name was tossed out at one point.

Haven't heard a word about DC.

McAdoo would probably be a good addition. Seems like coaches are taking the bird in the hand right now though. I guess I can understand why after the Josh McDaniels fiasco last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
and hes gone
Reply/Quote
Hopefully ZT isn't planning on calling plays. But he may. It could be Van Pelt. Which at this point I'd probably be relieved if it was.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I honestly have a feeling that Zac has his coaching staff already picked.

Remember this: Frank Reich wasn't hired until February 11th.
He then brought in OC Nick Sirianni a few days later.

Granted, they hired Eberfleus on January 16th, the other two coaches weren't signed until Mid-February
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 08:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I honestly have a feeling that Zac has his coaching staff already picked.

Remember this: Frank Reich wasn't hired until February 11th.
He then brought in OC Nick Sirianni a few days later.

Granted, they hired Eberfleus on January 16th, the other two coaches weren't signed until Mid-February

Better hope it wasn't Bevell because he's the Lions OC now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bevell to lions is great news. Now if the cards would please sign mcadoo that would be even better news. That way we dont have to deal with either of these dudes. Press taylor or mike kafka for oc. Dont settle for any of these retreads.
Reply/Quote
hear rumors we want bill callihan as OL coach but could make him OC which would mean talyor is calling the plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hear rumors we want bill callihan as OL coach but could make him OC which would mean talyor is calling the plays.

HA! I just proposed this scenario in the Pollack thread.  It was pointed out to me that it's been 14 years since he called a game.  Be some rust to shake off.  I'd say they stick with OL.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: HA! I just proposed this scenario in the Pollack thread.  It was pointed out to me that it's been 14 years since he called a game.  Be some rust to shake off.  I'd say they stick with OL.

OLine and Ass't HC.  There's your voice of experience.  He's even been a HC.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hear rumors we want bill callihan as OL coach but could make him OC which would mean talyor is calling the plays.

Would love this plus it would be a promotion so the Skins wouldn't have anything to say.

(01-17-2019, 11:02 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: HA! I just proposed this scenario in the Pollack thread.  It was pointed out to me that it's been 14 years since he called a game.  Be some rust to shake off.  I'd say they stick with OL.

Think it would be Taylor calling the plays similar to what Andy Reid does in KC. Bienemy did the alignments and such.

(01-17-2019, 11:10 AM)McC Wrote: OLine and Ass't HC.  There's your voice of experience.  He's even been a HC.

Yeah, really liking this thought. Callahan is the best O-line coach pretty much and Pollack's mentor.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:10 AM)McC Wrote: OLine and Ass't HC.  There's your voice of experience.  He's even been a HC.

Solid..... :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 09:34 PM)mikey6866 Wrote:  Dont settle for any of these retreads.

I can see not wanting a guy who was bad enough to get fired someplace else, but McAdoo had a top 10 offense every year he was OC.

What is wrong with a "retread" like that?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can see not wanting a guy who was bad enough to get fired someplace else, but McAdoo had a top 10 offense every year he was OC.

What is wrong with a "retread" like that?

Mcadoo is my nightmare.  Worst hire we could make.  Why would anybody want this retread running an archaic system.  I guess some havent learned from the Zampese experiment.  He runs Mccarthy's system which I would want nothing to do with.  It would completely clash with what Zac Taylor would want to bring over from the Rams.  Communicating with players has always been a weak spot with him.  Here is an article outlining his most recent failures.  He called plays as the head coach too until he was so bad Sullivan replaced him in calling the plays.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/ContentGallery/Ben-McAdoo-New-York-Giants-offense-has-horrifying-numbers-111254057/#111254057_1
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 09:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Better hope it wasn't Bevell because he's the Lions OC now.

Don't think so.

If Zac Taylor is the HC, it would not surprise me if his brother Press Taylor became OC
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Careful what we wish for.  The Bengals just got out of a situation with a very experienced OL coach, that was also Assistant HC...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 10:44 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Don't think so.

If Zac Taylor is the HC, it would not surprise me if his brother Press Taylor became OC

My thoughts too. His brother as OC and Del Rio as DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 08:13 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Mcadoo is my nightmare.  Worst hire we could make.  Why would anybody want this retread running an archaic system.  I guess some havent learned from the Zampese experiment.  He runs Mccarthy's system which I would want nothing to do with.  It would completely clash with what Zac Taylor would want to bring over from the Rams.  Communicating with players has always been a weak spot with him.  Here is an article outlining his most recent failures.  He called plays as the head coach too until he was so bad Sullivan replaced him in calling the plays.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/ContentGallery/Ben-McAdoo-New-York-Giants-offense-has-horrifying-numbers-111254057/#111254057_1

No one is saying to hire him as HC.  Dick LeBeau was a bad head coach but a Hall-of-Fame DC.
Reply/Quote