Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
(01-13-2019, 09:27 PM)jason Wrote: Wait Darrell Bevelle or whatever is the guy that didn't give the ball to Marshawn Lynch on the one yard line in the Super Bowl right?

Good question.  Don't know if that awful truth has ever been revealed.  Has anyone ever publicly fallen on that grenade?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You ever hear of the Remington Award? It goes to the top center in football. Price won it his senior year. Why you so butthurt about OSU?

Awards like that are swell. I remember when we drafted a Rimington award winner with the hips of an 80-year old.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:33 PM)McC Wrote: Good question.  Don't know if that awful truth has ever been revealed.  Has anyone ever publicly fallen on that grenade?

Pete Carroll did and pointed out how often Marshawn had failed on similar short yardage situations.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You ever hear of the Remington Award? It goes to the top center in football. Price won it his senior year. Why you so butthurt about OSU?

Not only have a heard of it, but I know we drafted the C that it was named after. He was average at best in the NFL.

Meanwhile the C drafted right after him was named to 3 pro bowls and had a fine 13 year NFL career. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
To solve the qb problem we should tank the next two years and draft Trevor lawerence.
Reply/Quote

Most Rimington Winners are trash in the NFL.  Saying a C will be good because he won it is like saying the Heisman winner should be the #1 pick every year.  I'm not saying Price won't eventually pan out, but college awards mean nothing in the NFL.

Dominic Raiola
Nebraska

LeCharles Bentley
Ohio State

Brett Romberg
Miami

Jake Grove
Virginia Tech

David Baas
Ben Wilkerson
Michigan
LSU

Greg Eslinger
Minnesota

Dan Mozes
West Virginia

Jonathan Luigs
Arkansas

A. Q. Shipley
Penn State
[1]
Maurkice Pouncey
Florida
[2]
Jake Kirkpatrick
TCU
[3]
David Molk
Michigan
[4]
Barrett Jones
Alabama
[5]
Bryan Stork
Florida State
[6]
Reese Dismukes
Auburn
[7]
Ryan Kelly
Alabama
[8]
Pat Elflein
Ohio State
[9]
Billy Price
Ohio State
[10]
Garrett Bradbury
NC State
Reply/Quote
That's quite a sobering list.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 07:51 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: ....as you were typing this wearing your OSU sweatshirt which is over your OSU t-shirt on your computer that had a OSU mouse pad and a OSU wallpaper on your computer.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't change the fact that he pointed out three of the best overall players currently in the NFL came from OSU.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:53 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise.  Yep, I just went there.

Better get a better line cause Haskins is not very mobile.  He can throw the heck out of it, but one thing I noticed is he has to have time.  When he doesn't he's not very effective - just like any other QB btw.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:53 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise.  Yep, I just went there.

Alot of talk about the Jags or Broncos leapfrogging the Giants for Haskins. If the Bengals want him the will need to probably give up 3 first round picks. It's only talk right now but I can see it actually happening.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:14 AM)Synric Wrote: Alot of talk about the Jags or Broncos leapfrogging the Giants for Haskins. If the Bengals want him the will need to probably give up 3 first round picks. It's only talk right now but I can see it actually happening.

Please no trading up. If someone our new HC likes falls to us great, otherwise go LB or OT.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals have to give up multiple first round picks for Haskins I hope they pass. I honestly don't believe he will be anything special. Next years class will be better.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:25 AM)MentalRage Wrote: If the Bengals have to give up multiple first round picks for Haskins I hope they pass. I honestly don't believe he will be anything special. Next years class will be better.

Yeah, I actually think Haskins will be good but we just can’t afford to give up picks at this point. We needed to lose out for him to be a viable draft pick option for us. We didn’t, so that ship should have long sailed.

Reply/Quote
Not sure this is the qb class to trade the farm for. Haskins is the best out of the bunch, but where would you guys on this board ranked him in last years class? That is the true test.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 11:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: Most Rimington Winners are trash in the NFL.  Saying a C will be good because he won it is like saying the Heisman winner should be the #1 pick every year.  I'm not saying Price won't eventually pan out, but college awards mean nothing in the NFL.

Dominic Raiola
Nebraska

LeCharles Bentley
Ohio State

Brett Romberg
Miami

Jake Grove
Virginia Tech

David Baas
Ben Wilkerson
Michigan
LSU

Greg Eslinger
Minnesota

Dan Mozes
West Virginia

Jonathan Luigs
Arkansas

A. Q. Shipley
Penn State
[1]
Maurkice Pouncey
Florida
[2]
Jake Kirkpatrick
TCU
[3]
David Molk
Michigan
[4]
Barrett Jones
Alabama
[5]
Bryan Stork
Florida State
[6]
Reese Dismukes
Auburn
[7]
Ryan Kelly
Alabama
[8]
Pat Elflein
Ohio State
[9]
Billy Price
Ohio State
[10]
Garrett Bradbury
NC State
My point was, the people who decides who gets these awards, decided Price was the best center his senior year. It had nothing to do with the fact he played at OSU..
Reply/Quote
John DeFilippo is still out there. He bombed in Minny because Zimmer ruined him by forcing the run first mindset, but before that was seen as an up and comer OC/HC.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I hadn't heard Van Pelt. Is this confirmed? If so, I am very happy with that decision as these 3 are tremendous coaches.

Apparently, if you were in one of those meetings on Thursday and Friday, you're toast.  If you weren't called, it's anticipated you survived the purge.  Van Pelt was not called for a meeting.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Apparently, if you were in one of those meetings on Thursday and Friday, you're toast.  If you weren't called, it's anticipated you survived the purge.  Van Pelt was not called for a meeting.

According to Dehner, we kept Simmons, Van Pelt, Pollack, Bob Bicknell (WR), Robert Livingston and Daronte Jones (DB's). It makes sense we would keep the DB coach, since they ranked 7th, not sure why a WR coach was kept when our guys not named Green or Boyd can't get open or catch the damn ball......
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 03:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: According to Dehner, we kept Simmons, Van Pelt, Pollack, Bob Bicknell (WR), Robert Livingston and Daronte Jones (DB's). It makes sense we would keep the DB coach, since they ranked 7th, not sure why a WR coach was kept when our guys not named Green or Boyd can't get open or catch the damn ball......

That is a head scratcher, but wasn't he a pretty well known WR coach before he came here?  Maybe some of the lack of getting open had more to do with offensive scheme than anything else.  Going to be a lot of turnover on the staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Interesting that we kept the WR coach as he seems like he was a Lazor guy with no ties to anyone else.

Reply/Quote