Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor needs to go
The only way Taylor will ruin Burrow is if he’s left in place for Joe’s entire rookie contract. One season isn’t going to do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: One TD was a fumble recovery for a TD, and the offense gave em a couple short fields. 

My server went down for a week and I just got it up again. Thanks again Wyche for this...

I have Gamepass and will watch the game now and the game tomorrow and just hope things start to turn around.

Just seems like Taylor is a coach that can keep his players in the game for him but he cannot win games coaching.

Was willing to give him some time but his leash is so short he is choking on it IMO.

He has the QB, he should of got the O-line to protect him.

At least the D has been somewhat better this year.
Reply/Quote
Zac must feel like the world is against him at this point but it is really not so we just want to win we need to win. All the hate could turn to love with wins. Sometimes it takes being backed into a corner and have the world bearing down on you to get the best out of some people and for them to come out fighting. I do not want to go through the process of bringing in a bunch of more coaches and having our players need to learn a new system which will take time. That is why deep down I am still rooting for this coaching staff to turn it around and start winning. I am not a fan of all the coaches but I will respect you if you can just get the players to improve week in and week out until we can get back to winning football around here.

Good luck Bengals....Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Updating for relevance.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Fire him. Promote simmons for interim and see what happens. There is not excuse for that piss effort on defense and again terrible play calling.
Reply/Quote
For those that defend Taylor and continue to make excuses for him, what needs to occur for you to say enough is enough? And what have you seen from him that makes you believe he's the coach to lead the Bengals to Super Bowl titles?
Reply/Quote
I've supported him for the most part, but if they go into the bye with one win...I am all for firing Zac and giving Simmons a shot. The past 2 weeks have been complete embarrassments, offensively last week and defensively today. 
Reply/Quote
Allowing your D coordinator to rush 3 in 2020 tells me Taylor isnt a vocal coach. Only an old bum would think thats a goo defense. Crazy part is Lou only pulled that trash out when we took a lead.

The drive by the Colts to end the half was also horrible coaching by Lou. He started sending EASY TO PREDICT 8 man blitzes like Rivers isnt a god damn vet. Then Lou's defense simply didnt account for the RB ALOT and that is something I feel like ZT should be able to tell Lou, but we never see ZT get in Lou's face. Just horrible coaching. Most the plays that were made on both sides were simply because of extraordinary plays but our players. I never felt like any one play was great playcall except that end around to Tyler Boyd.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Fire him and promote Simmons until the end of the year. The season's done, he's not the guy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 01:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Zac must feel like the world is against him at this point but it is really not so we just want to win we need to win. All the hate could turn to love with wins. Sometimes it takes being backed into a corner and have the world bearing down on you to get the best out of some people and for them to come out fighting. I do not want to go through the process of bringing in a bunch of more coaches and having our players need to learn a new system  which will take time. That is why deep down I am still rooting for this coaching staff to turn it around and start winning. I am not a fan of all the coaches but I will respect you if you can just get the players to improve week in and week out until we can get back to winning football around here.

Good luck Bengals....Who Dey

Im.not seeing progress. Im seeing loses. 
Thats enough to.clean house
Reply/Quote
We play too much zone. Zone is cool if you arent playing good QBs and if you have playmakers. When your D sucks and has no talent your best shot is man.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:25 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Fire him. Promote simmons for interim and see what happens. There is not excuse for that piss effort on defense and again terrible play calling.

The Bengals got lucky with quick scores against the league's #1 defense in Yards Allowed and #2 defense in Points Against.
The game really wasn't that close in quarters 2-4: 31-6.

So much for Anarumo running a good defense, eh?
Rivers, who was averaging 245 yards per game and had more INTs than TDs, ended up with 371 passing yards, 3 TDs, and just 1 INT (great pick by Bates).
Phillips and Bell were terrible in coverage.
The DL gets hardly any pressure whatsoever. They need to try blitzing more.

About the only things I saw that were good were Higgins with the deep catch and Green finally getting some production (albeit primarily with slant routes).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:33 PM)Housh Wrote: We play too much zone. Zone is cool if you arent playing good QBs and if you have playmakers. When your D sucks and has no talent your best shot is man.

You have to use both in today's NFL.  Man is extremely susceptible to pick/rub routes.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: You have to use both in today's NFL.  Man is extremely susceptible to pick/rub routes.  

Winning the trenches helps make both more effective. You negate that when you continue to send only three at the QB. The Colts have a fantastic offensive line, by not challenging them and giving up, you give that positional group a win. It makes zero sense. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
He’s not getting fired before next season. It’s just not happening unfortunately so people better get used to this for the foreseeable future.
Reply/Quote
He's a horrible HC a terrible play caller. Third and inches always goes shotgun run or bomb. I think every game this year the team scored on them under 2 minutes to the half. He had no right even getting the job only there because he worked as a QB coach under McVay, and Brown thought he was a football genius. The entire coaching staff stinks, and it will never get better under the ownership. Thirty years of failure on Mikes record.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals got lucky with quick scores against the league's #1 defense in Yards Allowed and #2 defense in Points Against.
The game really wasn't that close in quarters 2-4: 31-6.

So much for Anarumo running a good defense, eh?
Rivers, who was averaging 245 yards per game and had more INTs than TDs, ended up with 371 passing yards, 3 TDs, and just 1 INT (great pick by Bates).
Phillips and Bell were terrible in coverage.
The DL gets hardly any pressure whatsoever. They need to try blitzing more.

About the only things I saw that were good were Higgins with the deep catch and Green finally getting some production (albeit primarily with slant routes).

So when we score, we got lucky. When they score, we suck. Got it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So when we score, we got lucky. When they score, we suck. Got it.

What I meant when I said lucky was the Bengals caught the defense by surprise early.
The Colts tightened up and played like the Top 3 defense they were.
The Bengals got owned for the last 3 quarters.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
At the end of the day, the common thread with Taylor’s tenure is poor line play, soft pass coverage, and losses.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Ok. I’m on board with the firing of Zac Taylor.

They were up big and failed to keep running the football even down 1 and forcing burrow to throw every play.

Get him out.
Reply/Quote