Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(12-16-2023, 09:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of people online that really know their shit too though. I guess that’s my point. I don’t necessarily discount someone like sans for example just because he’s only an “internet expert” or whatever.

And to your point, sans is a guy that I do like. But.... I've never seen a picture of him either. Hilarious All jokes aside, I don't know his background, but he seems fair and objective.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:43 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Depends on if their take is objective or not. Most of what I've seen is guesswork and some is just plain full of shit. The reason? I've seen internet takes, then seen guys like JT O'Sullivan, Kyle Casket, etc post shit that DIRECTLY goes against what the internet "expert" is seeing. In that case, should I listen to guys that played, or a professional coach, or  what the internet "expert" is seeing? Sorry, I'm going with the players.

People tend to pick and choose when someone is credible in my experience. I remember when Tony Pike was banging the drum for drafting Chase there was folks on this very board swearing he didn’t know what the hell he was talking about.

Anyway, back on topic, Zac is clearly a good coach. Even if he drives us nuts with his play calling at times. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hasn’t had his QB in the playoffs yet. They’re not going to be an easy out if Tua and Tyreek are healthy going into the postseason.

I was more alluding to 0-3 this year vs Eagles, KC, and Bills. Last year with Tua & Tyreek they were 1-2 vs Bills (1 a playoff but no Tua) lost to SF. Big games he’s meh. Zac has done exceedingly better in big games.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People tend to pick and choose when someone is credible in my experience. I remember when Tony Pike was banging the drum for drafting Chase there was folks on this very board swearing he didn’t know what the hell he was talking about.

Anyway, back on topic, Zac is clearly a good coach. Even if he drives us nuts with his play calling at times. Tongue

LoL, fair enough. However, Tony was a successful QB in division 1 college football. That being said, he has some wild takes himself at times. So that discredits my view a little. I sure remember the controversy on here! I was team Sewell, but I also knew Chase was a game changer, so I was good with that pick. Now that we have a decent oline, that pick looks more genius by the week.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:38 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Leach played football through high school, and played Rugby all four years at BYU. 

True but I’ve been around Leach. He did a fabulous radio show every Thursday night in Norman at Othello’s. I went often because he was so damn entertaining. His host was a crackup to and frankly it was a hoot. The host constantly jabbed him he’d played more football lol. I also ran into him by himself at Big 12 media days at the Anatole in Dallas. I stopped him by himself just to say hi he didn’t know me. I said we miss you in Norman and your Thursday night show and we ended up talking about 10 minutes. Fabulous guy
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: True but I’ve been around Leach. He did a fabulous radio show every Thursday night in Norman at Othello’s. I went often because he was so damn entertaining. His host was a crackup to and frankly it was a hoot. The host constantly jabbed him he’d played more football lol. I also ran into him by himself at Big 12 media days at the Anatole in Dallas. I stopped him by himself just to say hi he didn’t know me. I said we miss you in Norman and your Thursday night show and we ended up talking about 10 minutes. Fabulous guy

A huge loss to the college game. Mike was a thinker, and he thought a lot about offensive football. I remember him here in Kentucky on Hal Mumme's staff. He was a gem....pressers and interviews are the stuff of legend. I miss Mike being around. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:49 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: And to your point, sans is a guy that I do like. But.... I've never seen a picture of him either. Hilarious All jokes aside, I don't know his background, but he seems fair and objective.

He played oline in HS for sure and IIRC, also at like a DIII University.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: A huge loss to the college game. Mike was a thinker, and he thought a lot about offensive football. I remember him here in Kentucky on Hal Mumme's staff. He was a gem....pressers and interviews are the stuff of legend. I miss Mike being around. 

That was a tough one. Bob Stoops is a media guy working for Sellout crowd and has “conversations with coach” He interviews great national guests and local Sooner favorites. He was interviewing Mark Mangino recently. Mark a large human was on their first staff. Bob had all these K-State guys and Mangino was one. Mangino was OL coach. Leach was hired to run the Air Raid. The rest of the staff knew nothing about it. Leach was explaining it. Mangino said I’d like to incorporate some running plays from KSU as run game coordinator. Mike said sure you can design all you want but we’ve got 4 running plays and I won’t use yours once. Mangino knocks over their huge conference table and chairs. Bobs office next door and he said good grief it’s the first morning and we’ve got a brawl and runs next door. Mangino and Leach became life long friends. Bobby Jack Wright a coach that was on the staff and had been around great coaches assistants and head coaches said Leach was the best in game coach he’d ever been around on offense or defense in his lengthy coaching career.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you seen Mike McDaniel? LOL

I doubt that dude ever played at all. And honestly I don’t really think that matters that much. If you have the brains for it that’s all that matters.

Funny enough, McDaniel was a D1 wide receiver. He played at Yale. I was pretty surprised when I learned that because yeah, he doesn’t have the appearance of a former player.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He played oline in HS for sure and IIRC, also at like a DIII University.

There you have it! Thanks Truck. No wonder I like his analysis. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: A huge loss to the college game. Mike was a thinker, and he thought a lot about offensive football. I remember him here in Kentucky on Hal Mumme's staff. He was a gem....pressers and interviews are the stuff of legend. I miss Mike being around. 

That was a tough one. Bob Stoops is a media guy working for Sellout crowd and had “conversations with coach” He interviews great national guests and local Sooner favorites. He was interviewing Mark Mangino recently. Mark a large human was on their first staff. Bob had all these K-State guys and Mangino was one. Mangino was OL coach. Leach was hired to run the Air Raid. The rest of the staff knew nothing about it. Leach was explaining it. Mangino said I’d like to incorporate some running plays from KSU as run game coordinator. Mike said sure you can design all you want but we’ve got 4 running plays and I won’t use yours once. Mangino knocks over their huge conference table and chairs. Bobs office next door and he said good grief it’s the first morning and we’ve got a brawl and runs next door. Mangino and Leach became life long friends. Bobby Jack Wright a coach that was on the staff and had been around great coaches assistants and head coaches said Leach was the best in game coach he’d ever been around on offense or defense in his lengthy coaching career.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Funny enough, McDaniel was a D1 wide receiver. He played at Yale. I was pretty surprised when I learned that because yeah, he doesn’t have the appearance of a former player.

Not really, like I said, look at Mike Hilton. I had him pegged for a DB, but being a WR makes more sense.... being as he's an offensive minded coach. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That was a tough one. Bob Stoops is a media guy working for Sellout crowd and has “conversations with coach”  He interviews great national guests and local Sooner favorites. He was interviewing Mark Mangino recently. Mark a large human was on their first staff. Bob had all these K-State guys and Mangino was one. Mangino was OL coach. Leach was hired to run the Air Raid. The rest of the staff knew nothing about it. Leach was explaining it. Mangino said I’d like to incorporate some running plays from KSU as run game coordinator. Mike said sure you can design all you want but we’ve got 4 running plays and I won’t use yours once. Mangino knocks over their huge conference table and chairs. Bobs office next door and he said good grief it’s the first morning and we’ve got a brawl and runs next door. Mangino and Leach became life long friends. Bobby Jack Wright a coach that was on the staff and had been around great coaches assistants and head coaches said Leach was the best in game coach he’d ever been around on offense or defense in his lengthy coaching career.

I'm still in shock he never got a shot at a major program. He was controversial I guess, but the man knew football, and he knew situational football. Severely underrated, until it was too late.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Funny enough, McDaniel was a D1 wide receiver. He played at Yale. I was pretty surprised when I learned that because yeah, he doesn’t have the appearance of a former player.

Weird. Don’t see any stats.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Weird. Don’t see any stats.

He may never have actually played. He was a walk-on, I think. But he was on the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm still in shock he never got a shot at a major program. He was controversial I guess, but the man knew football, and he knew situational football. Severely underrated, until it was too late.

His exit at Tech was ugly. He really got pissed when he was suspended for the bowl game. He was ugly to the Administration. Particularly a female. They screwed up. Leach was wronged. I think it followed him. There was a freaking big alum that wanted Art Briles to replace him. He had it out for Leach.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Bingo. I caught announcers making several mistakes today....and some people lap up what those people tell them.

I was going to lose if they mentioned one more time how "the Bengals are one of half a dozen teams sitting at 7-6." I mean, yeah, we knew that. We knew it the first 32 times you mentioned it. Why do you need to continue pointing it out?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: His exit at Tech was ugly. He really got pissed when he was suspended for the bowl game. He was ugly to the Administration. Particularly a female. They screwed up. Leach was wronged.  I think it followed him. There was a freaking big alum that wanted Art Briles to replace him. He had it out for Leach.

That TT shit was crazy. Entitlement at its finest regarding Craig James. He's since disappeared.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:42 PM)Earendil Wrote: I was going to lose if they mentioned one more time how "the Bengals are one of half a dozen teams sitting at 7-6." I mean, yeah, we knew that. We knew it the first 32 times you mentioned it. Why do you need to continue pointing it out?
Exactly.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote:  That TT shit was crazy. Entitlement at its finest regarding Craig James. He's since disappeared.

They bowed to him. Raw deal Leach got. But he was ugly about the suspension and didn’t help himself. Leach and IDGAF were best friends lol.

Reply/Quote