Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor's Job Not In Jeopardy Reports..
This asshole let Burrow get hit 70 times this year through 10 games... Totally disgusting..
Reply/Quote
Wow.This franchise has hit a new low,in regards to the Dave Shula era.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:44 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Wow.This franchise has hit a new low,in regards to the Dave Shula era.

This might be worst... I don't know how anyone can be ok with this ineptitude... Just down right ridiculous...
Reply/Quote
What makes it more infuriating, is the season was already lost.. What was this asshole doing dropping this kid back in an empty set so much... Is Zack down syndrome??
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:41 AM)Tony Wrote: This is ***** ridiculous.  This guy is putting the final nail in this franchise. I think he will be here until the team is sold when the stadium deal is up  .

No way the Browns sell the team...not gonna happen. But think of it this way....Bengals dont win any playoff games and Brown and NFL are looking to get a good deal with Hamilton county and get the deal done, who are the real fools?
Reply/Quote
Honestly if Zac is back after this season I doubt i'll be back. It's getting harder and harder to root for this organization
Reply/Quote
This isn't surprising. Paul Brown ain't walking through those Stadium door's.

I think Zac Taylor was willing to jeopardize Joe Burrow to get wins. Especially after the Steelers game, it made no sense to keep him in because you wanted to "get something going."

But just take a knee to get a tie in games against the Eagles, instead of doing some sort of hail-mary or hook and ladder play. It makes literally no sense. So in a game you had no chance of winning you keep him in, but in the Eagles game you run out the clock?

HELL it was an ORDER from Marvin Lewis that Andy Dalton was to never attempt another tackle EVER! When he got hurt doing it.

You protect your QB, especially Joe Burrow. It just feels like someone should of been the adult in the room and said that maybe our QB is taking too many hits.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:51 AM)Tony Wrote: What makes it more infuriating,  is the season was already lost.. What was this asshole doing dropping this kid back in an empty set so much... Is Zack down syndrome??

There was also no reason to allow him to hobble in there at the end of the Steelers game. I don't care how much Burrow wanted to be out there...as Dehner said, 'someone has to be the adult in the room.' Zac's excuse about trying to build momentum in the waning moments of a 26 point loss was pretty much the last straw for me as far as trying to find reasons to support him.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:23 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: There was also no reason to allow him to hobble in there at the end of the Steelers game. I don't care how much Burrow wanted to be out there...as Dehner said, 'someone has to be the adult in the room.' Zac's excuse about trying to build momentum in the waning moments of a 26 point loss was pretty much the last straw for me as far as trying to find reasons to support him.

I can't even stand listening to the guy anymore or that dumb little sound he makes when saying a word with an S in it... Guys a grade A egotistical douchebag..
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:04 AM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly if Zac is back after this season I doubt i'll be back. It's getting harder and harder to root for this organization

You say this exact thing when the bengals go 3 and out.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 07:22 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: You say this exact thing when the bengals go 3 and out.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3835299]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 07:22 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: You say this exact thing when the bengals go 3 and out.

Zac Taylor is the worst coach ever and I can't stomach watching that clown coach this team anymore
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:52 AM)Trademark Wrote: Zac Taylor is the worst coach ever and I can't stomach watching that clown coach this team anymore

How many times are you going to say that?
Reply/Quote
Here's my thoughts. I've said all along ZT is here for a minimum 3 years. Katie hired him, and it has been reported she knew he would be a work in progress and would take some time. Burrow seems to really like him, and they love Burrow, so don't expect Taylor to go anywhere.

Everyone says Turner is an idiot for keeping Jordan in the starting lineup and criticize him when he says he sees Jordan developing. But, for the last 2 years people made that same statement about Hart, and yet here is Hart playing RT at a fairly decent level. Turner may or may not be replaced.

Lou Anarumo will be back. He was given a lot of free agents to help the defense, and most of them got hurt. He's playing with a defensive line consisting of Covington, Bledsoe and Hunt and has them playing above their pedigrees. I believe Lou gets one more year with a healthy defense.

What I see definitely happening from Joe's injury is they are finally going to address this oline. They will most likely draft Sewell, resign Spain, and buy a couple of free agent guards. I think MB's reluctance to pay guards just smacked him in the face, and it will be corrected.
Reply/Quote
Then fire Jim Turner at least. Jesus Christ something has to change
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:14 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Then fire Jim Turner at least. Jesus Christ something has to change

Take emotion out of if for a minute, has Turner really done that bad a job? Injuries have really caused his oline to be completely different for just about every game. Heck, he lost 3 starters in one game, had to start a player who were here for a day, and yet the protection this year has gotten consistently better from the beginning of the season to what it is now, especially since the Ravens game. Could any other line coach have done better in this circumstance with these players?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/11/23/21611886/nfl-rumors-bengals-coach-zac-taylor-joe-burrow-knee-injury

No shock to any Bengals fan....

While everyone here is very emotional right now (and it is completely understandable), I have tried to take an honest look at ZT and here is what I come up with:

PROs:

I like the focus on culture and guys that come from winning programs.  

I like the fact that (for the most part) he doesn't play the guy that has been around the longest, just because he has been around the longest.  He plays the younger, more talented player in many cases.  However, he also seemingly won't tolerate mistakes.  Ross didn't get much run this year at all and that is a former #9 overall pick.  And they were struggling at WR with Green not doing much.  

He seems like a nice guy that most of the players like

CONS:

He abandons the running game way too early.  Sometimes it is like watching a kid play Madden.  Without WRs that generate quick separation, Burrow often found himself "behind the sticks" (3rd and long) and would be exposed to a lot of hits.  See first Cleveland game, Philly game, steeler game.

There is no consistency in his game.  He has a fantastic scheme to get Sample and Gio Bernard involved in the screen game where they completed 10 passes on 10 attempts for over 100 yards against the Browns the second game.  The offensive gameplan was stellar.  It was.  They only lost because they couldn't get one stop on defense.  Then, they don't face as strong a pass rush against Tennessee and Burrow picks them apart.  Back to a team with perhaps the best pass rush (pitt) and no screen game at all.  It just makes no sense.  Never saw it the first Cleveland game or against Philly where he was getting killed.

Defense?  What is that?   I get letting your coordinators run their show, but he doesn't seem to have any interest in working on that side of the ball.  Maybe tell his DC what he is seeing as an OC and help him self-scout a bit.  

Route concepts.  I have heard that other teams steal his designs, but I ask why that would be when the Bengals WRs generate the least separation of any receiver corps in the league (that was a next gen stat shared on a radio show...no source).  The naked eye shows that as well.  Burrow holding on to the ball too long with no running game and a suspect offensive line.

So, as a whole, I have a lot more negative comments than positives.  I can't help but think I would feel quite different about a lot of this if the FA acquisitions had panned out on defense and the defense wasn't so awful (again).  That would give Burrow more possessions, etc.  The guy only played with a lead twice that I know of and he was fantastic.  But, as it sits, a whole lot more red than green in the ledger.  The only problem is, I have no idea who you replace him with.  If you say Eric Bienemy, you will have the exact same scenario that by the time you are able to hire him, he will have no assistants to choose from.  As much as I hate to say it, I give him (and Lou) one more year.  They have been in every game but two (that will change now) and I have seen signs of improvement on both sides despite massive disappoints from stalwarts like Green, Dunlap, and Atkins as well as injuries to key FA.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Has "Anyone but Marvin"

Changed to "Anyone but Zac".

Yes.  Also, "What if we fire Marvin and Mike Brown hires another Dave Shula" has changed to "Holy crap, I wish Zac Taylor won as much as Dave Shula did."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While everyone here is very emotional right now (and it is completely understandable), I have tried to take an honest look at ZT and here is what I come up with:

PROs:

I like the focus on culture and guys that come from winning programs.  

I like the fact that (for the most part) he doesn't play the guy that has been around the longest, just because he has been around the longest.  He plays the younger, more talented player in many cases.  However, he also seemingly won't tolerate mistakes.  Ross didn't get much run this year at all and that is a former #9 overall pick.  And they were struggling at WR with Green not doing much.  

He seems like a nice guy that most of the players like

CONS:

He abandons the running game way too early.  Sometimes it is like watching a kid play Madden.  Without WRs that generate quick separation, Burrow often found himself "behind the sticks" (3rd and long) and would be exposed to a lot of hits.  See first Cleveland game, Philly game, steeler game.

There is no consistency in his game.  He has a fantastic scheme to get Sample and Gio Bernard involved in the screen game where they completed 10 passes on 10 attempts for over 100 yards against the Browns the second game.  The offensive gameplan was stellar.  It was.  They only lost because they couldn't get one stop on defense.  Then, they don't face as strong a pass rush against Tennessee and Burrow picks them apart.  Back to a team with perhaps the best pass rush (pitt) and no screen game at all.  It just makes no sense.  Never saw it the first Cleveland game or against Philly where he was getting killed.

Defense?  What is that?   I get letting your coordinators run their show, but he doesn't seem to have any interest in working on that side of the ball.  Maybe tell his DC what he is seeing as an OC and help him self-scout a bit.  

Route concepts.  I have heard that other teams steal his designs, but I ask why that would be when the Bengals WRs generate the least separation of any receiver corps in the league (that was a next gen stat shared on a radio show...no source).  The naked eye shows that as well.  Burrow holding on to the ball too long with no running game and a suspect offensive line.

So, as a whole, I have a lot more negative comments than positives.  I can't help but think I would feel quite different about a lot of this if the FA acquisitions had panned out on defense and the defense wasn't so awful (again).  That would give Burrow more possessions, etc.  The guy only played with a lead twice that I know of and he was fantastic.  But, as it sits, a whole lot more red than green in the ledger.  The only problem is, I have no idea who you replace him with.  If you say Eric Bienemy, you will have the exact same scenario that by the time you are able to hire him, he will have no assistants to choose from.  As much as I hate to say it, I give him (and Lou) one more year.  They have been in every game but two (that will change now) and I have seen signs of improvement on both sides despite massive disappoints from stalwarts like Green, Dunlap, and Atkins as well as injuries to key FA.  

Pretty much how I see it too. He needs to let someone else call the plays and focus on being a HC.... as I've said all along. And although the old adage of injuries are not an excuse, there is little doubt that as close as some of our losses were, if Reader and Waynes were not out, we would have more wins.... especially if Geno had not injured his shoulder.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I can’t imagine a rookie throwing their HC under the bus (other than Baker Mayfield). Burrow is a good guy... unfortunately in this scenario.

Wait a minit! I thought a good boss takes care of the player. I think in this case Zac threw Burrow under the bus.
Reply/Quote