Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac just isn't learning
(11-24-2022, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, also must add that Zac doesn't put everything on analytics either. He clearly likes to ride the momentum and takes 
that into account more than the analytics. Some only use the analytics and it can screw you, like you said about the head 
scratching play calls at times.

Two situations last year clearly showed that to me. One....the incredible stones at the end of the KC game in Cincy. Then a masterful job of working the clock after the penalties around the goal line to kick the game winner with no time. Two...the even bigger balls on 4th and 1 to call the sweep with Ja'Marr against the Raiders in the playoffs. I don't mean to bash Marvin, but I don't think either of those scenarios happen with him as HC. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Two situations last year clearly showed that to me. One....the incredible stones at the end of the KC game in Cincy. Then a masterful job of working the clock after the penalties around the goal line to kick the game winner with no time. Two...the even bigger balls on 4th and 1 to call the sweep with Ja'Marr against the Raiders in the playoffs. I don't mean to bash Marvin, but I don't think either of those scenarios happen with him as HC. 

Damn rights, Zac is willing to gamble in the biggest situations and that is what you need to do at times because it scares
other teams. If you just play it safe all the time that puts no fear in anybody. It was quite masterful as you say in those two
situations and took some big balls to make those calls.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: Good call brother.....they almost pulled it off!

Thought they were going to, but the Bills showed up late with some clutch play.

Great game, the Lions are a tough team finally and it is good to see.

I don't like seeing a team down for so long, makes me root for them more to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought they were going to, but the Bills showed up late with some clutch play.

Great game, the Lions are a tough team finally and it is good to see.

I don't like seeing a team down for so long, makes me root for them more to succeed.

Be careful doing that, I used to do that for the Patriots and then suddenly wished I hadn't. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 08:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Be careful doing that, I used to do that for the Patriots and then suddenly wished I hadn't. 

Eh, I highly doubt the Lions become the next Patriots. 

I am hoping and thinking that might be us who have been down so long that I ALWAYS root for. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 03:14 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Publicly maybe, but he’s no dummy. 

Except that before they committed $40 million to Zac’s new contract they consulted with Joe and a few others opinion? Of course they did.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 07:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn rights, Zac is willing to gamble in the biggest situations and that is what you need to do at times because it scares
other teams. If you just play it safe all the time that puts no fear in anybody. It was quite masterful as you say in those two
situations and took some big balls to make those calls.

Zac Taylor over here running the Bengals like Death Row records..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:44 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: .

Really like Lou and after giving up 30 to the 31st ranked Offense I see a Defensive stand coming up. Maybe against King.

Welp Nate, you're getting pretty good at this predicting stuff. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac Taylor over here running the Bengals like Death Row records..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

That's right.  Ninja

(11-28-2022, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Welp Nate, you're getting pretty good at this predicting stuff. Cool

Nice when a prediction like that comes true. The Defense clearly looked at itself in that stealer game and fixed things.

Great job by Lou and the entire Defense no doubt. Not easy shutting down King Henry.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win two more games, Zac will have two consecutive seasons with a winning record. He's currently 17-11 during the last two seasons along with a 3-1 playoff record.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If the Bengals win two more games, Zac will have two consecutive seasons with a winning record. He's currently 17-11 during the last two seasons along with a 3-1 playoff record.

Not bad at all  Tiger

Zac has a great team yes, but he is still the HC.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 04:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If the Bengals win two more games, Zac will have two consecutive seasons with a winning record. He's currently 17-11 during the last two seasons along with a 3-1 playoff record.

Yes sir, he continues to learn. Ninja

(11-28-2022, 04:48 PM)M.W. Wrote: Not bad at all  Tiger

Zac has a great team yes, but he is still the HC.  

Zac had a hand in making this great team, same as Lou.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 03:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, and I was one of em, lol.

I try not to knee jerk, but that was alarming that deep into the season. Oh well, I ain't scared of a little crow.

Yes, and I'm hoping so!
He just keeps improving!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 05:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, but one thing I learned from last season is Zac can adapt in the nick of time and have his team turn it on when 
needed the most. Sure would be cool if the same thing happens this year or close to it where we get hot right at the right 
time, definitely could see it happening. Good coaches can coach the next man up and I think both Zac and Lou have been 
able to do this well.

Hope you're right, cuz I think Anarumo will be gone after this season - especially if we go back to the Super Bowl.   Man I was one of his major detractors.  And he has just killed it the last two years!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 07:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't know if it was from the after game press conference or later but Zac said something that impressed me.

I am paraphrasing here: "Tee is a smart player and he came to me and suggested some routes by the way the defense was covering him.  We tried some of those with much success".

The fact that Zac as a HC/OC was able to respect and listen to his player in real-time says a lot to me.

This, I believe, is why the players like Taylor so much.

I've never really doubted Zac as a leader because the players have always responded to him.

In the past, I've been extremely skeptical of him as an OC or someone who had innovation as a true play caller.

The fact that he has allowed changes as the season progresses shows...  yes... he really is learning.

You could even say... so are we.

[Image: giphy.gif]

100%  The only other coach I believe would have listened would have been Sam.

All the others were too arrogant.   VERY encouraging trend.   Man after this game I get excited to think what this team's going to cook up from game to game.

No game bigger than the Browns game.   Need to get that monkey off our back.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:44 PM)3wt Wrote: Hope you're right, cuz I think Anarumo will be gone after this season - especially if we go back to the Super Bowl.   Man I was one of his major detractors.  And he has just killed it the last two years!

Thinking the same, Lou will be a HC somewhere next season if this continues. Just happy we brought Betcher in here who I 
think will be our next DC. This guy is also one hell of a coach, right now he is coaching up the Linebackers who have been 
playing great. I also was a detractor of Lou's and wanted him gone after his first 2 seasons as DC. I was clearly wrong.

(12-06-2022, 03:47 PM)3wt Wrote: 100%  The only other coach I believe would have listened would have been Sam.

All the others were too arrogant.   VERY encouraging trend.   Man after this game I get excited to think what this team's going to cook up from game to game.

No game bigger than the Browns game.   Need to get that monkey off our back.

Agreed. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Jake Liscow: Have heard Burrow say all year that teams play them differently on defense than they showed on tape, credits the offense/staff for being so good at making adjustments quickly despite a constant feed of new looks.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 05:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Jake Liscow: Have heard Burrow say all year that teams play them differently on defense than they showed on tape, credits the offense/staff for being so good at making adjustments quickly despite a constant feed of new looks.

The Burrow/Chase rules. 

If you play us like you play everyone else, you are cooked. 
Reply/Quote
Flash forward four and half weeks:

Look at that! Zac is holding the Lombardi upside down!

Darn you Zac, you never learn
Pissed
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It's fun to have a QB like Burrow. He doesn't have a rocket arm or lightning speed but can make the throws and is an effective scrambler. What makes him elite is heart and intelligence - he may be the smartest (game smarts) QB out there. Teams have to constantly switch it up because they learned he reads defenses fast and remembers what he sees, so you may fool him once but unlikely to fool him twice with the same trick. This plus his pocket awareness and slipperiness back there make him special.
Reply/Quote