Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media
(11-23-2020, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please stop.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

Brady was sacked more often in 2001 (9.0 sack%) than Burrow was this year (7.3%).

Here is a list of other Pro Bowl QBs who were sacked more often than Burrow this season.

Russel Wilson had a 10.7 sack % in 2018 and 9.8% in '13.
Roethlisberger 10.4% in '07 and 9.2% in '04.
Dak Prescott 9.8% in '18.
Philip Rivers 8.5% in '12.
Aaron Rodgers 8.5% in '09 and 8.5% in '12.
Cam Newton 8.3% in '13 and 7.8% in '14
Chad Pennington 7.8% in '03.
Matt Stafford 7.7% in '17.
Andy Dalton 8.0% in 2012

I would think total hits are more important than sacks alone, as far as keeping an NFL QB healthy.  Afterall, yesterday's injury was the result of a "hit" and not a "sack".

I heard an intersting stat yesterday. Joe Burrow tied an NFL record over the last 20 years for times being hit over their first 9 games.  The total was 72 times he was hit.  Him and Daniel Jones are the only two QB's that have taken that many hits over that timespan.

What's even more concerning about this is the fact the league has done more and more to keep the QB safe over these last 20 years.  Defenders are less likely to hit a QB late than they were even 10 years ago, and especially 20 years ago.  Yet Burrow, in 2020, took more hits than them all.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which formation did Burrow say he was most comfortable in???? Oh yeah, empty sets. Spain played where we needed him. We had no right tackle when he played right tackle. Redmond was dealing with a biceps injury yesterday. We could have kept Spain at LG, but who would have played the other positions? If Spain was on the left, the weakness would have just transferrred to the right with whoever played beside Adenijii

And if you're a legit NFL head coach you take one look at the blocking and overrule him - this OL is not good enough to run empty sets. As to RG, you put Price at C and Hopkins at RG and keep Spain at LG. Jordan is the worst Guard in football and should NEVER be out there. Price has already showed he can do the job and Hopkins has played RG before. Plus we traded Dunlap in part for a lineman - put him out there at one of the spots if needed. This is how bad Jordan is. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: And if you're a legit NFL head coach you take one look at the blocking and overrule him - this OL is not good enough to run empty sets. As to RG, you put Price at C and Hopkins at RG and keep Spain at LG. Jordan is the worst Guard in football and should NEVER be out there. Price has already showed he can do the job and Hopkins has played RG before. Plus we traded Dunlap in part for a lineman - put him out there at one of the spots if needed. This is how bad Jordan is. 

If Jordan doesnt start yesterday JB never gets his knee turned 
Inside out. Allen manhandled Jordan into JBs lap
Thats ZT fault for starting him. Jordan should never start another game again. 
Yet the Zac lap.dancers still.defend him
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: QBs get injured all the time.  Unless Zac was playing Joe with a pre-existing injury it had nothing to do with the Bengals failing Joe Burrow.

Even Tom Brady missed a season under Bill Belichick.  Shit happens when you play football.

It’s all about odds Fred. It’s not a coincidence that he goes down with an injury being the most hit QB in the league. That’s what happens when the run game is abandoned and Burrow leads the league in pass attempts behind a poor o-line. It’s not like the line was known for their clean performances. This falls on Taylor 100%. Yes it was only one play and it can happen to anyone, but the odds were increased with ZTs playcalling and the organization doing next to nothing to protect him.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:55 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: It does to me.  I'm willing to wait to do things the right way and am proud to stand behind the type of organization Zac's building.  

I don't love the W-L record at all, it's a tough pill to swallow.  But I think if we're smart enough to keep Zac and not listen to all the external noise out there, I think next year will look awful good.  D would/should be back hhealthy, younger guys on both O and D coming in with more experience, there's a lot to be anxious about.  
What type is that? A losing one?

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:47 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Rex Ryan, of all people.  He doesn't seem to have even 1% of the class that Zac does.  

But why is the media ignoring that the play didn't happen on a free rusher or an error on our part, but simply a freak thing that happens?  I'll tell ya why, it's popular opinion and that's what they spew.  The truth is just a byproduct that's completely unnecessary, no different than political stations.  

Class? Taylor is an absolute joke. Rex Ryan is from a family of football royalty, and took one of the only franchises as bad as the Bengals to back-to-back AFC Championship games. With Mark Sanchez as his QB. Taylor should be cutting Rex Ryan’s grass instead of coaching an NFL team.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:55 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: It does to me.  I'm willing to wait to do things the right way and am proud to stand behind the type of organization Zac's building.  

I don't love the W-L record at all, it's a tough pill to swallow.  But I think if we're smart enough to keep Zac and not listen to all the external noise out there, I think next year will look awful good.  D would/should be back hhealthy, younger guys on both O and D coming in with more experience, there's a lot to be anxious about.  

Crack is bad! Put down the pipe man!!!!
Reply/Quote
These idiots bought a ferrari and put nexxus tires and liability insurance on it. This team infuriates me!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Yea, but there needs to be some method to the madness, some wisdom, some common sense.
Just running empty set, after empty set, after empty set (with a lousy O-Line) is like BEGGING the defense... HEY! COME KILL MY QB!

34 pass attempts in the during a 9-7 game... There was still a quarter and change to play too. I'm outta state on vacation, and didn't see the game, but that tells me all I need to know.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Jordan doesnt start yesterday JB never gets his knee turned 
Inside out. Allen manhandled Jordan into JBs lap
Thats ZT fault for starting him. Jordan should never start another game again. 
Yet the Zac lap.dancers still.defend him

Might could've drafted Allen over Ross too. Just sayin'.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I would think total hits are more important than sacks alone, as far as keeping an NFL QB healthy.  Afterall, yesterday's injury was the result of a "hit" and not a "sack".

I heard an intersting stat yesterday. Joe Burrow tied an NFL record over the last 20 years for times being hit over their first 9 games.  The total was 72 times he was hit.  Him and Daniel Jones are the only two QB's that have taken that many hits over that timespan.

What's even more concerning about this is the fact the league has done more and more to keep the QB safe over these last 20 years.  Defenders are less likely to hit a QB late than they were even 10 years ago, and especially 20 years ago.  Yet Burrow, in 2020, took more hits than them all.

I sometimes wonder if the silly touching the facemask with your pinky roughing the passer penalties have made a QB's knees all that more vulnerable.  Not implying that had anything to do with what happened to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I dont have a problem with Burrow coming out this season letting it fly. However once it became obvious the Oline was trash, like we all knew it would be, Taylor should have dialed it down some. And once it was obvious this season was over, it just became insane to have the kid out there throwing 60+ times a game. I know it was a freak accident that got him injured but it could have just as well happened on any of the record amount of sacks he’s taken. The odds that it happened the way it did and not on a sack is freaky enough.

It’s so much easier to look back and cherry pick examples to support your argument. I am pissed about the play calling. Burrow completed more passes in the first half yesterday than any QB has in the first half all season yet we only managed to get 9 damn points out of it. I’m sure we were just taking what the D gave us, but the risk/reward is just not there in a lost season to keep pushing it behind that line.

At the end of the day if anyone was shocked by yesterday’s events, well you must be new to this franchise. It was never a matter of when but how bad will it be.

Now this franchise needs to man the f up and rebuild both lines on this team.
Reply/Quote

Yup, the rams are really missing their QB coach. What’s the right way? The Mike brown way? Stop accepting the loser mentality..... Who has the most recent playoff win? Browns or bengals? Enough said... oh and how long are you willing to wait? 5 more years? Burrow will be gone, then we start over again. Sounds fun....... think about that
Reply/Quote
I expect Zac was expecting this backlash from the media.And he deserves it.But the leaders of this franchise are more to blame than he is.He just doesn’t know any better.He’s in over his head and doing all he knows how to do.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:20 PM)Jonescincy Wrote: Yeah this is why I stopped reading these things years ago. Some people making sense and the same old homers defending the team. The OLine SUCKS. Manning or Brady getting injured is a freak injury because those teams always protected their franchise player. JoeyB getting hurt wasn’t freak guys it was inevitable and will be again. The organization proved once again how they always fail their best players. Burrow is legit, he was not protected plain and simple. Trying to win games sure but what’s more important winning in a QBs rookie year or making sure he’s playing to gain experience for the future. Anyone not blaming the team for this injury is the reason why this team is still run like a mom and pop general store. It was inevitable that once again the hopes we had for the future of the team are put into doubt. Burrow will be back and I think he will be as good but he’s also destined for another major injury because this organization will fail him again and again.

Well said. Best to stay away. I’m gonna step out as well. I’m not sure how anyone could defend MB, ZT or anyone associated with this organization. Crazy people accept being one of the worst 2 organizations in football and think it will change. As long as the browns own the team it’s over..... wake up people. Don’t buy tickets, merchandise etc.... prove to him we want real chanc. **** him...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:35 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Knew you'd love it, Tony  Hilarious

But I actually agree with him.   Nervous

There has been a very decent improvement these last four weeks versus how the season began.  He's basically saying "hey, ya'll are being d1cks about the OLINE, we've made a bunch of changes and have proven better, but ya'll still wanna be d1cks"  LOL.  That's my rough translation.

You are joking right? Burrow made them look average. Did you see what happen to finley? What in the hell are you guys watching? This guy is one one the worst coaches ever and off to one of the most god awful starts to a coaching career ever and now he destroyed our rookie franchise QB.. Everyone said this would happen and it did.. Once again, what the hell are people like you watching??? There has been no improvement.. Maybe Burrow and Higgins who are new.. Everyone else has regressed, maybe Hart got a inch better... This franchise is a wreck right now..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:42 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: But.... ya'll saw our defense last year.  You cannot tell me you're mad that Zac said "no effin way we're putting that garbage back out on the field" and did something the bengals HAVE NEVER DONE IN FA (I dunno about never, but not since I've been watching) to change it.  

Ya it worked out great.. Taylor sucks .. End of story.. There is what, 2 guys here that like him? WTF are you dudes smoking on? Poison Ivy or something?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again you show how clueless you are.

Second half of last season only two teams ran the ball more than the Bengals.

Actually I remember when everyone here was thrilled that Zac was listening to Burrow on offensive scheme and incorporating some of the stuff from LSU that made him so successful.  

So the 5-wide stuff was probably something Burrow wanted and lobbied for.

Right Burrow was making all the calls on how much to use it in game? Gtfoh... You are clueless as Zack.. He 100% is to blame for Burrows injury. Everyone knows it but 2 or 3 people here. That's good enough for me. You are the one who is clueless..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:14 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: The irrational fan in me says taylor got burrow injured. The rational side says it was more of a freak accident in this specific instance.

That doesn't absolve taylor of all the other problems I have with him. I don't like his playcalling, his choice of coaches, the terrible redzone efficiency leaving points on the field forcing more throws, his personnel decisions. Hes been exactly what I thought he'd be based on his resume, a bad HC. I put the blame more on the front office for hiring a person who has no clue whats he's doing.

OK I can agree with this too.. What a horrible hire and it just set this franchise back even further maybe years. We won't know until hopefully Zack is gone soon and what Burrow looks like if and when he makes it back..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:38 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: It’s all about odds Fred. It’s not a coincidence that he goes down with an injury being the most hit QB in the league. That’s what happens when the run game is abandoned and Burrow leads the league in pass attempts behind a poor o-line. It’s not like the line was known for their clean performances. This falls on Taylor 100%. Yes it was only one play and it can happen to anyone, but the odds were increased with ZTs playcalling and the organization doing next to nothing to protect him.

Why is it so ***** hard to get people to understand this? I mean it's so simple. They gotta either be Trolls or Taylor's relation..  
Reply/Quote