Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media
I'd like to see him destroyed by a wrecking ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:20 PM)Jonescincy Wrote:  Manning or Brady getting injured is a freak injury because those teams always protected their franchise player. 

Please stop.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

Brady was sacked more often in 2001 (9.0 sack%) than Burrow was this year (7.3%).

Here is a list of other Pro Bowl QBs who were sacked more often than Burrow this season.

Russel Wilson had a 10.7 sack % in 2018 and 9.8% in '13.
Roethlisberger 10.4% in '07 and 9.2% in '04.
Dak Prescott 9.8% in '18.
Philip Rivers 8.5% in '12.
Aaron Rodgers 8.5% in '09 and 8.5% in '12.
Cam Newton 8.3% in '13 and 7.8% in '14
Chad Pennington 7.8% in '03.
Matt Stafford 7.7% in '17.
Andy Dalton 8.0% in 2012
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:30 PM)higgy100 Wrote: So they should run every play the rest of the game? You act like the Bengals had a 10 point lead and under a minute to go and they just decided to throw the ball.

Umm no.. But a little balance could do wanders when a defense is just pinning its ears back because they know 99% you arent running out of an empty set backfield.. You know the most used formation of the Bengals offense. I read somewhere they were like 72% of the time in the empty backfield formation. Come on man.. You guys are dead wrong. That's why you are in the minority.. I really don't think some of you guys understand some of the simplest things about how NFL football works..
Reply/Quote
Quick put Pat Maccafee on! He is shredding Zack. Even said he sucks. That NFL insider is on right now saying that Zack Taylor's job isn't in jeopardy.. They are going off lol..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:28 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Every single play leading up to that freak play didn't increase or decrease those chances.

From a purely mathematical perspective, you are correct. 

But, from a physics standpoint, you are incorrect.

The more times you expose Burrow to another person hurling himself at him, the greater the chances of an injury.

Let's take it to the extreme...
Let's theoretically assume that Burrow hands it off EVERY play of a game.  What are the chances of someone flying sideways into Burrow's plant leg as he throws?  Bascially ZERO, because his left leg isn't being planted in the middle of a chaotic (thanks to the shitty OL) mass of human bodies.

Now, let's assume that Burrow throws it EVERY play, do you think the chances of him getting injured that way are MORE or LESS?
Remember, we're not playing roulette or rolling dice, and writing down the results as statistics.  We're talking about uncontrolled, random chaos that has real, physical consequences.

It reminds me of the "Woodbeast" scene from Flash Gordon.  If you keep sticking your hand (or, in this case, Burrow's leg) INSIDE THE STUMP (inside the chaotic pocket) eventually you're going to get stung!

Reply/Quote
Even if you're going to throw 60 times in a game, like we were on pace for yesterday, you can still do things to help your protection.

Saw quite a few empty backfields. May have Gio back there to help pick up the blitz would have helped? Also, maybe having a RB in the backfield doesn't key off the defense that it's an automatic pass?

Saw a couple of 5 Wide's. Maybe having your TE, whose blocking you valued so much you took him in the 2nd round, on the line and picking up the edge would have helped?

Maybe run a split screen, or a quick out, and various super quick throws to counter the pressure.

Now maybe I'm wrong on all of the above. I very well could be. I'm not an expert on playcalling, nor anywhere even remotely close to understanding the game like a professional. But I do know there are ways you deal with pressure, and exploit it.

My biggest issue isn't just throwing a lot. If you're down like we've been in a lot of games, that's going to lead to a lot of passes. You have to try to win, so it's inevitable.

My issue is throwing the ball 34 times in 33 minutes (on pace for over 60), in a 9-7 game that you're winning, with no real attempt at getting the ground game going. My issue is doing this when Burrow had already taken some pretty big hits, with one already knocking helmet off.

Make some adjuments. Bring two TE's in if you have to. Be creative with the backs. Just do something other than letting this kid keep dropping back and exposing himself to getting rocked.
Reply/Quote
It's just cruelly ironic that most of us called Burrow getting hurt this season because of poor offensive line play, and lo and behold. It's like some sick cosmic joke.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:59 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's just cruelly ironic that most of us called Burrow getting hurt this season because of poor offensive line play, and lo and behold.  It's like some sick cosmic joke.

"The hit as I saw it wasn't when he had the ball in his hand," Taylor said. "And people keep talking about the offensive line without it seemingly watching the film from the last four weeks."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Even if you're going to throw 60 times in a game, like we were on pace for yesterday, you can still do things to help your protection.

Saw quite a few empty backfields.  May have Gio back there to help pick up the blitz would have helped?  Also, maybe having a RB in the backfield doesn't key off the defense that it's an automatic pass?

Saw a couple of 5 Wide's.  Maybe having your TE, whose blocking you valued so much you took him in the 2nd round, on the line and picking up the edge would have helped?

Maybe run a split screen, or a quick out, and various super quick throws to counter the pressure.

Now maybe I'm wrong on all of the above. I very well could be.  I'm not an expert on playcalling, nor anywhere even remotely close to understanding the game like a professional.  But I do know there are ways you deal with pressure, and exploit it.

My biggest issue isn't just throwing a lot.  If you're down like we've been in a lot of games, that's going to lead to a lot of passes.  You have to try to win, so it's inevitable.  

My issue is throwing the ball 34 times in 33 minutes (on pace for over 60), in a 9-7 game that you're winning, with no real attempt at getting the ground game going.  My issue is doing this when Burrow had already taken some pretty big hits, with one already knocking helmet off.

Make some adjuments.  Bring two TE's in if you have to.  Be creative with the backs.  Just do something other than letting this kid keep dropping back and exposing himself to getting rocked.

Not to mention throwing the ball on 3 consecutive plays in the shadow of your own endzone with no room for QB to maneuver. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:20 PM)Jonescincy Wrote: Yeah this is why I stopped reading these things years ago. Some people making sense and the same old homers defending the team. The OLine SUCKS. Manning or Brady getting injured is a freak injury because those teams always protected their franchise player. JoeyB getting hurt wasn’t freak guys it was inevitable and will be again. The organization proved once again how they always fail their best players. Burrow is legit, he was not protected plain and simple. Trying to win games sure but what’s more important winning in a QBs rookie year or making sure he’s playing to gain experience for the future. Anyone not blaming the team for this injury is the reason why this team is still run like a mom and pop general store. It was inevitable that once again the hopes we had for the future of the team are put into doubt. Burrow will be back and I think he will be as good but he’s also destined for another major injury because this organization will fail him again and again.
Thank You.. I believe these guys are borderline troll and just argue because they like it.. I mean how can you defend Taylor lol? It's insane..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:53 PM)Tony Wrote: I agree 100% Fred... The biggest thing that pisses me off is Zack taylor says in his presser "I'm not sorry for anything" What a scumbag this guy is. We as Bengals fans had 1 major thing to be excited about and you destroyed it.. There isn't 1 expert that isnt SHITTING all over Taylor today.. I hope it keeps up. Hopefully it gets him fired... This dude managed to suck way worst than David Fn Shula...

Its ego pure and simple

What he should've said, "Yes Im sorry, sorry for Joe and his hard work and sorry for the fans and every football fan that we wont get to see one of the most talented rookies in years play for the unforeseeable future"
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:37 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: This is hindsight being 20/20.  If the defense where they spent all this money stayed healthy, we'd have more wins right now.  The O-Line has been janky, no denying that.  But it's been good enough to let burrow hang 30 points on scoreboards.  

Definitely nothing to do with hindsight. I know I was vocal about improving the line earlier this year. I said they should be running more than passing. I know most fans saw this kind of disaster coming it was just a matter of time. They signed an often injured guard and used a late round pick on another o lineman. Knew that wasn’t enough. Burrow made that line look better than it was. Too many developmental prospects on that line and it was a glaring problem all year long.

I know you’re trying to defend this staff, and I tried to for a while as well. No more. This is on him. You do not pass 60 times a game with a rookie. The season is completely sunk. The clock is ticking for this team to produce winning seasons or else it will be moved elsewhere. The stadium lease is up in about 5 years and that isn’t enough time for this slow as molasses franchise to make things happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:22 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Hey Einstein, before you talk out of both sides again just how would this team have "gelled us as a competitive team" without Burrow taking this team on his shoulders and throwing the ball? You don't have Mixon who is the only back on the team who can carry a load running the ball. You have a defense whose DL had 1 sack in their last 5 games.

Maybe ZT should have petitioned the league to get one of those pitching machines that spit out footballs.

We have backs names perine and Trayvon bot looked great in their little time getting some Carrie's. Taylor abandoned the run for no good reason.. When you throw out of an empty set 72% of the time, the defense knows what's coming..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because they were using the pass to set up the run. This teams run blocking is not good enough to rely on running the ball first without Mixon.

The problem with that is, they never got to the run part until it was time to stop the embarrassment and end the game as soon as possible. I don't even know why they signed Mixon.  It's obvious Taylor hates running the ball and according to all the insiders, Taylor isn't going anywhere..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please stop.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

Brady was sacked more often in 2001 (9.0 sack%) than Burrow was this year (7.3%).

Here is a list of other Pro Bowl QBs who were sacked more often than Burrow this season.

Russel Wilson had a 10.7 sack % in 2018 and 9.8% in '13.
Roethlisberger 10.4% in '07 and 9.2% in '04.
Dak Prescott 9.8% in '18.
Philip Rivers 8.5% in '12.
Aaron Rodgers 8.5% in '09 and 8.5% in '12.
Cam Newton 8.3% in '13 and 7.8% in '14
Chad Pennington 7.8% in '03.
Matt Stafford 7.7% in '17.
Andy Dalton 8.0% in 2012

Ya because Burrow is a Magician in getting out of pressure and you say sacks you know hits that dont result in sacks which Burrow took more than anyone caused damage to the Body too right? Burrow made that shit O line look average at times..
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter what the media thinks of Taylor, doesn't matter what we think of Taylor, only matters what the front office thinks of Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:47 PM)Tony Wrote: Quick put Pat Maccafee on! He is shredding Zack. Even said he sucks. That NFL insider is on right now saying that Zack Taylor's job isn't in jeopardy.. They are going off lol..

Isn't that the dude who was found drunk in a canal?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Even if you're going to throw 60 times in a game, like we were on pace for yesterday, you can still do things to help your protection.

Saw quite a few empty backfields.  May have Gio back there to help pick up the blitz would have helped?  Also, maybe having a RB in the backfield doesn't key off the defense that it's an automatic pass?

Saw a couple of 5 Wide's.  Maybe having your TE, whose blocking you valued so much you took him in the 2nd round, on the line and picking up the edge would have helped?

Now maybe I'm wrong on all of the above. I very well could be.  I'm not an expert on playcalling, nor anywhere even remotely close to understanding the game like a professional.  But I do know there are ways you deal with pressure, and exploit it.

My biggest issue isn't just throwing a lot.  If you're down like we've been in a lot of games, that's going to lead to a lot of passes.  You have to try to win, so it's inevitable.  

My issue is throwing the ball 34 times in 33 minutes (on pace for over 60), in a 9-7 game that you're winning, with no real attempt at getting the ground game going.  My issue is doing this when Burrow had already taken some pretty big hits, with one already knocking helmet off.

Make some adjuments.  Bring two TE's in if you have to.  Be creative with the backs.  Just do something other than letting this kid keep dropping back and exposing himself to getting rocked.
This is how I feel 100% . Great F'n post....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:07 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: "The hit as I saw it wasn't when he had the ball in his hand," Taylor said. "And people keep talking about the offensive line without it seemingly watching the film from the last four weeks."
What an idiotic thing to say lol.. He still got hit because of pressure no matter if it was in his hand or not lol... This guy is so stupid. This makes me want him gone even more and ASAP!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:15 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Definitely nothing to do with hindsight. I know I was vocal about improving the line earlier this year. I said they should be running more than passing. I know most fans saw this kind of disaster coming it was just a matter of time. They signed an often injured guard and used a late round pick on another o lineman. Knew that wasn’t enough. Burrow made that line look better than it was. Too many developmental prospects on that line and it was a glaring problem all year long.

I know you’re trying to defend this staff, and I tried to for a while as well. No more. This is on him. You do not pass 60 times a game with a rookie. The season is completely sunk. The clock is ticking for this team to produce winning seasons or else it will be moved elsewhere. The stadium lease is up in about 5 years and that isn’t enough time for this slow as molasses franchise to make things happen.

Well ok, what I mean though is that we'd not be pissed at that decision to spend on D if the dang players were on the field.  

I am trying to defend him, you've got me!  I just like what he brings more than what Marvin brought, which was getting stale.  Now, even for me his leash will be short, i.e. next year needs to show improvement in the W/L column, and the more I think about it (perhaps with the influence of some of ya'll), I think Lou is who probably needs to go.  But then I think that's not fair at all, he got all kinds of shiny new toys that he couldn't use.  
Reply/Quote