Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media
(11-23-2020, 02:01 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: He didn't destroy anything.  A player got injured on a freak play, which absolutely happens in football.  it wasn't malicious, it wasn't due to OL negligence, Burrow wasn't even sacked all game.  It's with that in mind that I think most of you folks can't be serious.  I do completely understand the shell-shock of what we all just experienced, which I think does in fact justify some of these crazy claims, but in the end they're still crazy!

Dude , come on! Jordan was getting destroyed and bullied all game!!!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals put alot of money into their defense, AJ Green, 2 RBs, and drafted a franchise QB #1 overall.

They failed to being in competition for an offensive line that struggled in 2019. Im not even saying they had to bring in new starters across the board...just competition. We are seeing the effects of that decision with the lack of run blocking and poor pass protection. Now you can actually see them scrambling with the Finney and Spain pickups.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: anx·ious - adjective

experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.

I'd say anxious is the way to look at Burrow going into 2021 with a 4-27-1 HC, yes.

Thanks for likely helping others.  But yes, I used that term on purpose.  We are often snakebitten, seems like God hates Cincy Sports overall.  I'm both excited and anxious every year.  I imagine most of you are as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:12 PM)Tony Wrote: I watch everything.. NFL is all I do when not working for with family. Since day 1 they said this is sketchy to start him right out of the gate and they feared him getting hurt with this O line.. Guess what happened??

They say hundreds of ludicrous things all year all the time, and when something sticks or they finally get something right then they are vindicated.  Had it happened because of O-Line, I'd not be responding the way I am.
Reply/Quote
I honestly can't believe people are backing this POS Taylor lol.. 4 wins in 2 years.. He's garbage and just destroyed our franchise QB. He's not gonna be the same and I was hoping this final stretch of game would have gelled us as a competitive team. It's over now. You will be lucky to see him in 2021 and We have seen this before. He will never be the same. I guarantee he won't step into a throw in the pocket like he did yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:13 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals put alot of money into their defense, AJ Green, 2 RBs, and drafted a franchise QB #1 overall.

They failed to being in competition for an offensive line that struggled in 2019. Im not even saying they had to bring in new starters across the board...just competition. We are seeing the effects of that decision with the lack of run blocking and poor pass protection. Now you can actually see them scrambling with the Finney and Spain pickups.

The Bengals RIGHTFULLY put a lot of money into defense.  Imagine if our defense would've held together (been healthy), and kept opponents to more reasonable scores, all the while we'd be putting up points like we have been.  It's not hard at all to see, nor is it a leap of faith to see what they were doing.  They specifically paid a LOT of money to stop the run, beefed up the secondary against the pass, and got screwed.  It happens sometimes, I suppose.  More to Cincy it SEEMS like, but even so, next year should be good!
Reply/Quote
Yeah this is why I stopped reading these things years ago. Some people making sense and the same old homers defending the team. The OLine SUCKS. Manning or Brady getting injured is a freak injury because those teams always protected their franchise player. JoeyB getting hurt wasn’t freak guys it was inevitable and will be again. The organization proved once again how they always fail their best players. Burrow is legit, he was not protected plain and simple. Trying to win games sure but what’s more important winning in a QBs rookie year or making sure he’s playing to gain experience for the future. Anyone not blaming the team for this injury is the reason why this team is still run like a mom and pop general store. It was inevitable that once again the hopes we had for the future of the team are put into doubt. Burrow will be back and I think he will be as good but he’s also destined for another major injury because this organization will fail him again and again.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:17 PM)Tony Wrote: I honestly can't believe people are backing this POS Taylor lol.. 4 wins in 2 years.. He's garbage and just destroyed our franchise QB. He's not gonna be the same and I was hoping this final stretch of game would have gelled us as a competitive team. It's over now. You will be lucky to see him in 2021 and We have seen this before. He will never be the same. I guarantee he won't step into a throw in the pocket like he did yesterday.

Hey Einstein, before you talk out of both sides again just how would this team have "gelled us as a competitive team" without Burrow taking this team on his shoulders and throwing the ball? You don't have Mixon who is the only back on the team who can carry a load running the ball. You have a defense whose DL had 1 sack in their last 5 games.

Maybe ZT should have petitioned the league to get one of those pitching machines that spit out footballs.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:17 PM)Tony Wrote: I honestly can't believe people are backing this POS Taylor lol.. 4 wins in 2 years.. He's garbage and just destroyed our franchise QB. He's not gonna be the same and I was hoping this final stretch of game would have gelled us as a competitive team. It's over now. You will be lucky to see him in 2021 and We have seen this before. He will never be the same. I guarantee he won't step into a throw in the pocket like he did yesterday.

I'm likely the minority in backing Taylor, don't worry.  And I know it's not a popular position, but have never placed my convictions on opinion.  I knew two years ago when he was selected that this would take time.  I've seen improvement, not quite yet in the W/L column, but that's coming.  If our defense woujld've been what it was supposed to be, you better believe we'd be losing Burrow sitting closer to 7-2-1.  Zac's an offensive minded head coach, and holy crap in year two we started putting more points on the board.  FIRE HIM!  WOW!  /s

And your fears on Burrow not being the same, or not stepping into throws etc. goes against all that we've seen so far.  I'd say you're taking more of a leap being negative than i am being positive.  Again, it's likely due to being shell shocked still so i get it.  Just trying to help is all.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:17 PM)Tony Wrote: I honestly can't believe people are backing this POS Taylor lol.

I am not backing Taylor at all.  I am just saying this injury was not his fault.  QBs get injured all the time.

Like I said before, if Taylor had made a bad decision like playing Burrow with a pre-existing injury that caused him to get hurt again I would blame the coach.  But coaches are supposed to do the best they can to win, and all we had was Burrow throwing the ball to keep us competitive.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:17 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: They say hundreds of ludicrous things all year all the time, and when something sticks or they finally get something right then they are vindicated.  Had it happened because of O-Line, I'd not be responding the way I am.

It did happen because of the Oline .. It's not rocket science.. He was the most hit QB in the league and Taylor put the most attempts on the most hit QB. If that wasn't stupid, neglectful among other things, I don't know what is.. It's simple math. The more shots you take the better chance this will happen and it did. How many of us said we were afraid of this with this Oline? We are lucky he made it this long. Hes most likely beat up elsewhere on his body too. He looked dejected yesterday and I felt bad for him. He deserves more than this . To Hell with Taylor for saying he isn't sorry too.. I will celebrate like crazy the day he gets fired. He is the absolute worst Bengals coach in history and that is saying something. It isn't even close either..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not backing Taylor at all.  I am just saying this injury was not his fault.  QBs get injured all the time.

Like I said before, if Taylor had made a bad decision like playing Burrow with a pre-existing injury that caused him to get hurt again I would blame the coach.  But coaches are supposed to do the best they can to win, and all we had was Burrow throwing the ball to keep us competitive.  

Fred they barely ran and when they did they were having success.. Taylor abandoned the run for no good reason.. All because Hey I got a Stud QB let's beat him into the ground. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:25 PM)Tony Wrote: It did happen because of the Oline .. It's not rocket science.. He was the most hit QB in the league and Taylor put the most attempts on the most hit QB. If that wasn't stupid, neglectful among other things, I don't know what is.. It's simple math. The more shots you take the better chance this will happen and it did. How many of us said we were afraid of this with this Oline? We are lucky he made it this long. Hes most likely beat up elsewhere on his body too. He looked dejected yesterday and I felt bad for him. He deserves more than this . To Hell with Taylor for saying he isn't sorry too.. I will celebrate like crazy the day he gets fired. He is the absolute worst Bengals coach in history and that is saying something. It isn't even close either..

absolutely wrong.  Every single play leading up to that freak play didn't increase or decrease those chances.  To say anything else is beyond wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Fred they barely ran and when they did they were having success.. Taylor abandoned the run for no good reason.. All because Hey I got a Stud QB let's beat him into the ground. 

So they should run every play the rest of the game? You act like the Bengals had a 10 point lead and under a minute to go and they just decided to throw the ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not backing Taylor at all.  I am just saying this injury was not his fault.  QBs get injured all the time.

Yeah, the issue with ZT is that he sucks at coaching, not that his QB got hurt or he "got the QB hurt."  I wanted Burrow out there playing and throwing the ball, why the hell shouldn't he be?  The human body wasn't meant to play football and the chaos of the game can take anyone out at any time.  I'll admit sending Burrow on those QB runs was what I assumed was going to be the "ZT is getting Burrow killed" play more than any sort of standard players falling all over the place at the line, issue.

ZT was 2-11 with Dalton, 0-3 (and counting, I"m sure) with "his guy" in Finley, and 2-7-1 with Burrow.  The dude just flat-out sucks, no need to blame him for the devastating nature of football itself.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:27 PM)Tony Wrote:
Fred they barely ran and when they did they were having success..
Taylor abandoned the run for no good reason.. All because Hey I got a Stud QB let's beat him into the ground. 

Because they were using the pass to set up the run. This teams run blocking is not good enough to rely on running the ball first without Mixon.
Reply/Quote
They have to pass to set up the run. In an offense where they want play action it should be tge other way around.

But look at the offensive line, no push off the ball and there best run blocker costs thus team at least 2 dead drives a game. It’s garbage and has held the team back the entire year. They spent money in the wrong places and it cost this team dearly.
Reply/Quote

Yes Qbs get injured. But the last thing that any of us want to see is Burrow getting Andrew Luck'd out of the league in a few years because he is taking way too many hits. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They have to pass to set up the run. In an offense where they want play action it should be tge other way around.

But look at the offensive line, no push off the ball and there best run blocker costs thus team at least 2 dead drives a game. It’s garbage and has held the  team back the entire year. They spent money in the wrong places and it cost this team dearly.

This is hindsight being 20/20.  If the defense where they spent all this money stayed healthy, we'd have more wins right now.  The O-Line has been janky, no denying that.  But it's been good enough to let burrow hang 30 points on scoreboards.  
Reply/Quote
Good. **** Taylor.
Reply/Quote