Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media
(11-23-2020, 03:32 PM)Tony Wrote: What an idiotic thing to say lol.. He still got hit because of pressure no matter if it was in his hand or not lol... This guy is so stupid. This makes me want him gone even more and ASAP!

Knew you'd love it, Tony  Hilarious

But I actually agree with him.   Nervous

There has been a very decent improvement these last four weeks versus how the season began.  He's basically saying "hey, ya'll are being d1cks about the OLINE, we've made a bunch of changes and have proven better, but ya'll still wanna be d1cks"  LOL.  That's my rough translation.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:48 PM)Tomkat Wrote: From a purely mathematical perspective, you are correct. 

But, from a physics standpoint, you are incorrect.

The more times you expose Burrow to another person hurling himself at him, the greater the chances of an injury.

Let's take it to the extreme...
Let's theoretically assume that Burrow hands it off EVERY play of a game.  What are the chances of someone flying sideways into Burrow's plant leg as he throws?  Bascially ZERO, because his left leg isn't being planted in the middle of a chaotic (thanks to the shitty OL) mass of human bodies.

Now, let's assume that Burrow throws it EVERY play, do you think the chances of him getting injured that way are MORE or LESS?
Remember, we're not playing roulette or rolling dice, and writing down the results as statistics.  We're talking about uncontrolled, random chaos that has real, physical consequences.

It reminds me of the "Woodbeast" scene from Flash Gordon.  If you keep sticking your hand (or, in this case, Burrow's leg) INSIDE THE STUMP (inside the chaotic pocket) eventually you're going to get stung!

That was a fun read, and enjoyed the video.  But why draft an awesome QB  you have no intention of using?  I will never understand the logic of saying he's throwing too much or any of that given the circumstances.  To me, I can deal with it as long as I know why.  Clearly, the reason why is Mixon out.  Honestly I think even a few games Mixon was in, he didn't seem quite like himself.  Likely playing hurt, but pure speculation.  You combo that with a GOAT-type QB, he's a natural leader that will put the game on his shoulders and go.  We absolutely WANT that.

I do not EVER want a coach that would sacrifice winning for garbage "maybe" statistics.  To me, that means coach is a chickensh1t.  Taylor going for in on fourth down as much as he does alone, let alone the freedom he gave a rookie QB at the line, etc., tells me Taylor is the right guy for the job specifically for Burrow.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same guys were praising Burrow's rookie records and his ability to keep us in close games.

Neither one of those would have happened if Taylor did not let him throw the ball so much.

I don't blame him for having Joe throw a bunch, because that gave us the best chance to win games given our personnel.

His failure was telling the FO to dump most of their FA money and 4 of 7 draft picks into the defense to try and save his buddy Lou's job instead of putting adequate talent around Burrow, particularly some good OL and a RB capable of carrying the load if Mixon went down so they wouldn't have to throw 60 times a game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't blame him for having Joe throw a bunch, because that gave us the best chance to win games given our personnel.

His failure was telling the FO to dump most of their FA money and 4 of 7 draft picks into the defense to try and save his buddy Lou's job instead of putting adequate talent around Burrow, particularly some good OL and a RB capable of carrying the load if Mixon went down so they wouldn't have to throw 60 times a game.  

But.... ya'll saw our defense last year.  You cannot tell me you're mad that Zac said "no effin way we're putting that garbage back out on the field" and did something the bengals HAVE NEVER DONE IN FA (I dunno about never, but not since I've been watching) to change it.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same guys were praising Burrow's rookie records and his ability to keep us in close games.

Neither one of those would have happened if Taylor did not let him throw the ball so much.

Burrow does not equal Taylor.

Burrow carrying the team merely shows a complete lack of foresight by Taylor. Gotta remember he has the exact the OL he wanted.

Burrow's success does NOT mean Taylor succeeded.

Taylor currently holds the worst HC record for the Bengals and it's all on him. 100%! Well, him and the lackies he brought with him.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:40 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: But why draft an awesome QB  you have no intention of using?  I will never understand the logic of saying he's throwing too much or any of that given the circumstances.  To me, I can deal with it as long as I know why.  Clearly, the reason why is Mixon out.  Honestly I think even a few games Mixon was in, he didn't seem quite like himself.  Likely playing hurt, but pure speculation.  You combo that with a GOAT-type QB, he's a natural leader that will put the game on his shoulders and go.  We absolutely WANT that.

Yea, but there needs to be some method to the madness, some wisdom, some common sense.
Just running empty set, after empty set, after empty set (with a lousy O-Line) is like BEGGING the defense... HEY! COME KILL MY QB!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: QBs get injured all the time.  Unless Zac was playing Joe with a pre-existing injury it had nothing to do with the Bengals failing Joe Burrow.

Even Tom Brady missed a season under Bill Belichick.  Shit happens when you play football.

"all the time" is relative.  I can name 5 NFL QBs in recent memory that have had an ACL blowout and 2 are Bengals.  The others are TB12, Garapolo and RG3.  There may be more, but that is over the course of close to 20 years.  Guess you could lump Alex Smith in there even though it wasn't a knee.  Everyone with a brain knew the Bengals were putting Burrow at too much risk by having him throw that much behind a shitty O-line.  Everyone 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please stop.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

Brady was sacked more often in 2001 (9.0 sack%) than Burrow was this year (7.3%).

Here is a list of other Pro Bowl QBs who were sacked more often than Burrow this season.

Russel Wilson had a 10.7 sack % in 2018 and 9.8% in '13.
Roethlisberger 10.4% in '07 and 9.2% in '04.
Dak Prescott 9.8% in '18.
Philip Rivers 8.5% in '12.
Aaron Rodgers 8.5% in '09 and 8.5% in '12.
Cam Newton 8.3% in '13 and 7.8% in '14
Chad Pennington 7.8% in '03.
Matt Stafford 7.7% in '17
Andy Dalton 8.0% in 2012
 I assume those are stats for a 16 game season. Burrow had six and a half games to go Fred Mellow  Coming into Washington he had been hit 72 times. Most ever by a rookie since 2000 in his first 9 games.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:58 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: "all the time" is relative.  I can name 5 NFL QBs in recent memory that have had an ACL blowout and 2 are Bengals.  The others are TB12, Garapolo and RG3.  There may be more, but that is over the course of close to 20 years.  Guess you could lump Alex Smith in there even though it wasn't a knee.  Everyone with a brain knew the Bengals were putting Burrow at too much risk by having him throw that much behind a shitty O-line.  Everyone 

In the last couple years off the top of my head.

Deshawn Watson

Teddy Bridgewater

Carson Wentz
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Joe getting hurt is not on ZT.

ZT's ability to coach is on him, he sucks at it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
What is dumber is after we had a game versus Tennessee where they actually did cut back a lot of the empty sets and had Gio back there to pick up free rushers; and where Spain came in off the street no less and they had their best OL performance of the season. So what does super genius do? Bring back the empty sets and start moving Spain all over the place when he NEEDED to stay at LG.
Reply/Quote
The media had called the Bengals ruining Joes career, so you knew they'd be all over it this morning. their "bad for the NFL" reactions aren't typical of a guy who will be out 6 months.

There's concerns for Joe's future. Not as a player he'll be back eventually, but will he be the bubbling star and future GOAT he had the potential of being?

As they have said today, a true loss for the league.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In the last couple years off the top of my head.

Deshawn Watson

Teddy Bridgewater

Carson Wentz

I'm pretty sure Carson Wentz was running the ball when it happened. Not sure about the other two but that's a little different. Jimmy's was too I believe and likely RG3s
Reply/Quote
Good
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: What is dumber is after we had a game versus Tennessee where they actually did cut back a lot of the empty sets and had Gio back there to pick up free rushers; and where Spain came in off the street no less and they had their best OL performance of the season. So what does super genius do? Bring back the empty sets and start moving Spain all over the place when he NEEDED to stay at LG.

Which formation did Burrow say he was most comfortable in???? Oh yeah, empty sets. Spain played where we needed him. We had no right tackle when he played right tackle. Redmond was dealing with a biceps injury yesterday. We could have kept Spain at LG, but who would have played the other positions? If Spain was on the left, the weakness would have just transferrred to the right with whoever played beside Adenijii
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't blame him for having Joe throw a bunch, because that gave us the best chance to win games given our personnel.

I largely agree with this.  In the offseason, there were too many roster holes to be filled.  So, there were tough decisions to be made, and the FO chose to focus on the defense in free agency instead of the O-Line.  Had they done the opposite; the fan base would be saying “how could they trot out that same garbage defense again”.  Same goes for the draft.  A lot of fans were wanting Josh Jones, which means we either don’t have T. Higgins or L. Wilson on the team right now.  With limited draft capital and cap space every player/prospect selected means missing out on another.  

There are 2 front office faults I see though:

1.      Not getting Bill Callahan in the offseason and letting him go to Cleveland instead.  I believe he could have gotten more out of our limited O-line talent than Turner  So, the whole o-line is greater than the sum of its parts.

2.      At the 2019 trade deadline, not doing a fire sale of contract year and aging talent.  The message at the time was “we’re not in the business of making other teams better”.  Reportedly, there were offers for AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Geno and others.  They’ve done little to help the Bengals win since then, but having those few extra draft picks in the 2020 draft could have gone a long way in helping to fill the numerous holes on the roster.    
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:20 PM)Tony Wrote:   It's obvious Taylor hates running the ball 

Again you show how clueless you are.

Second half of last season only two teams ran the ball more than the Bengals.

Actually I remember when everyone here was thrilled that Zac was listening to Burrow on offensive scheme and incorporating some of the stuff from LSU that made him so successful.  

So the 5-wide stuff was probably something Burrow wanted and lobbied for.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I remember when everyone here was thrilled that Zac was listening to Burrow on offensive scheme and incorporating some of the stuff from LSU that made him so successful.  

So the 5-wide stuff was probably something Burrow wanted and lobbied for.

I agree with this.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The irrational fan in me says taylor got burrow injured. The rational side says it was more of a freak accident in this specific instance.

That doesn't absolve taylor of all the other problems I have with him. I don't like his playcalling, his choice of coaches, the terrible redzone efficiency leaving points on the field forcing more throws, his personnel decisions. Hes been exactly what I thought he'd be based on his resume, a bad HC. I put the blame more on the front office for hiring a person who has no clue whats he's doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our previous two QBs went to multiple Pro Bowls and multiple playoff games with the Bengals yet these same media assholes claimed Cincinnati would ruin any good QB that came here.

That story was 100% bullshit, but now they get to act like they were right.

Well, would you say we are off to a great start ruining Burrows career? If we see a repeat of this next year what would your take be? His career couldn’t have started off worse. Good coaches talk all the time about protecting a quarterback with the run game. I haven’t once heard Taylor say that. He deserves to get roasted. They are on a great track to ruining Burrows career, as everyone anticipated.
Reply/Quote