Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zampese offense
What can we expect from a Ken Zampese offense?
Anyone here know a lot about KZ's offense?
Reply/Quote
He has never been an offensive coordinator in the NFL, so it's hard to tell. At one point Marvin mentioned staying with him to continue what they have been doing, so possibly similar to last year. Maybe less pre snap shifts as that struck me as more of a Hue thing.
Reply/Quote
To be honest, I feel like it will be more passing.

He said he was "fired up" about the LaFell signing so that's a bit interesting.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 03:26 PM)milksheikh Wrote: He said he was "fired up" about the LaFell signing so that's a bit interesting.

Before we signed Lafell our #2 WR was Brandon Tate.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 03:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: He has never been an offensive coordinator in the NFL, so it's hard to tell. At one point Marvin mentioned staying with him to continue what they have been doing, so possibly similar to last year. Maybe less pre snap shifts as that struck me as more of a Hue thing.

Too many pre snap shifts anyways. It was getting a little too unpredictably predictable.

I hope he lets Dalton run the Offense more. Seemed like our Offense clicked much better when he made calls at the line.

Personally i just hope we stay balanced. But as always, do whats working. I just hope Zamp is not another Brat type.

I never really liked Zampese as a QB coach, i am not expecting him to be a good OC. So more of AD running the show is what i hope for.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 03:26 PM)milksheikh Wrote: To be honest, I feel like it will be more passing.

He said he was "fired up" about the LaFell signing so that's a bit interesting.

Lefell is also good for blocking
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too many pre snap shifts anyways. It was getting a little too unpredictably predictable.

I hope he lets Dalton run the Offense more. Seemed like our Offense clicked much better when he made calls at the line.

Personally i just hope we stay balanced. But as always, do whats working. I just hope Zamp is not another Brat type.

I never really liked Zampese as a QB coach, i am not expecting him to be a good OC. So more of AD running the show is what i hope for.

To the bold, that was my thinking when they announced Zampese. It wasn't so much about finding a guy to implement a system, but a guy who worked well with AD, who could let the QB do what the QB needed to do.

I knock Marvin more than most, but one thing I've liked is ultimately he seems to want players to be field coaches, with the coaches on the sideline freed up to look at the overall game so they can make overall adjustments instead of just picking plays. But that's just my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Regardless of what happens I just hope we will successful enough to make a deep run in the playoffs...
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 03:46 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, that was my thinking when they announced Zampese. It wasn't so much about finding a guy to implement a system, but a guy who worked well with AD, who could let the QB do what the QB needed to do.

I knock Marvin more than most, but one thing I've liked is ultimately he seems to want players to be field coaches, with the coaches on the sideline freed up to look at the overall game so they can make overall adjustments instead of just picking plays. But that's just my opinion.

Good points. Actually i really liked the Lazor hiring which might also help out Dalton and the Offense as a whole.

Shouldn't be a big shift in playcalling from last season cause we were effective, just need to tweak some things.

If Hill corrects his lackluster play from last year and the OL does better at opening up holes in the running game the
entire Offense will improve. I liked what i saw from Ogbuehi late last year, he is so athletic and he seems like a natural
at peel blocks. I am sure he will have his struggles but no more than Andre.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 03:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: He has never been an offensive coordinator in the NFL, so it's hard to tell. At one point Marvin mentioned staying with him to continue what they have been doing, so possibly similar to last year. Maybe less pre snap shifts as that struck me as more of a Hue thing.

Agreed.

I think it will maintain a lot of similarities, but Z will put his own stamp on things and they'll tweak some of the verbiage and things to make sure they keep Hue and others from knowing too much.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be the Andy Dalton show just like it was last year. Dalton audibled almost every play last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Zampese becomes a HC somewhere in 2-4 years since Dalton makes coaches careers and not kill them.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's going to be the Andy Dalton show just like it was last year. Dalton audibled almost every play last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Zampese becomes a HC somewhere in 2-4 years since Dalton makes coaches careers and not kill them.

Can't argue this at all. Every coach under the head coach including assistants have been taken from bengals. I think it speaks more to the drafting of quality football players that play ball and leave ego at home.....which is why I don't believe hill is going to get a second contract.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 06:00 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Can't argue this at all. Every coach under the head coach including assistants have been taken from bengals. I think it speaks more to the drafting of quality football players that play ball and leave ego at home.....which is why I don't believe hill is going to get a second contract.

If I see 30+ points per game,I will be stoked.I want to see this offense open up and score,score,score.WHO-DEY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 03:21 PM)GreenDragon Wrote:
What can we expect from a Ken Zampese offense?
Anyone here know a lot about KZ's offense?

Since there's hasn't been a KZ offense before no one can really answer that question.

There will have to be changes in the terminology and some in the formations simply because so many coaches left this year. We can't go up against a weaker Cleveland who knows every play going in.

Zampese has been around a long time and I'm sure he's seen pretty much every type of offense play that has ever been run. But it will come down to the players knowing those plays.

Dalton, like any decent QB, will need to be able to change plays at the line of scrimmage as defenses change and disguise their looks. All good QBs can do this.

Reply/Quote
I hope Marvin ,Ken, and Paul decide to step on opponents throats, take no prisoners, and run the score up!
Reply/Quote
Should be pretty familiar to last year.. Seeing how Andy had a lot of success with that offense it would foolish to make a lot of changes.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully similar to last year. Loosen the leash on AD.

Reply/Quote
Power run with a healthy dose of shotgun between the 20s has been the norm lately. I'd expect it to be similar to last year but with fewer trick plays. Maybe we'll see some more end arounds and counters instead of the Sanu plays. I don't really care what they do, I just hope that it works.
Reply/Quote
If he has learned anything from the the guys he has worked with we should be fine.

His father was legendary offensive guru Ernie Zampese.

At Northern Arizona he worked with Marty Mornhinweg who has produced 8 top ten offenses (with 2 different teams) in 13 seasons as an NFL OC.

Sean Peyton was QB coach for the Eagles when Zampese was there in 1998.

Mike McCarthy was QB coach when Zampese was with the Packers in 1999.

With the Rams Zampese worked alongside Mike Martz and Al Saunders. Martz is credited with inventing "The Greatest Show on Turf" in St Louis, and Saunders had 6 top ten (5 top FIVE) offenses in 9 seasons as an NFL OC with the Chiefs and Raiders.

And here with the Bengals Zampese has worked with successful OC's Hue Jackson, and Jon Gruden.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 10:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he has learned anything from the the guys he has worked with we should be fine.

His father was legendary offensive guru Ernie Zampese.

At Northern Arizona he worked with Marty Mornhinweg who has produced 8 top ten offenses (with 2 different teams) in 13 seasons as an NFL OC.

Sean Peyton was QB coach for the Eagles when Zampese was there in 1998.

Mike McCarthy was QB coach when Zampese was with the Packers in 1999.

With the Rams Zampese worked alongside Mike Martz and Al Saunders. Martz is credited with inventing "The Greatest Show on Turf" in St Louis, and Saunders had 6 top ten (5 top FIVE) offenses in 9 seasons as an NFL OC with the Chiefs and Raiders.

And here with the Bengals Zampese has worked with successful OC's Hue Jackson, and Jon Gruden.

Good stuff Fred, i just want to see Ken Zampese do something here... Rock On
Reply/Quote