Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
(04-02-2023, 05:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I was joking because of the news last week where apparently he had picked those three teams as a place he will play for and would decide by the end of this week.  Then people were like hey he's narrowed down where he will play.   But really it seemed that was news to those 3 teams and perhaps his agent trying to drum up more interest.   He may still end up with one of those three teams though, who knows, but the way it was presented early on was he was the one with offers from those teams and he was going to have his pick.   Also there is still time on the clock for this week and the Bengals have been known to announce a few deals in the later hours.     Tongue

Yep
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2023, 03:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If the 1st round TEs that can both catch and block are gone, and the Colts want to trade up and get Hendon Hooker at the end of the 1st to get that 5th year option, I wouldn't mind a trade down to draft a RB. 

The trade chart (I know it's fairly outdated) would have the move give the Bengals going from 28 to 35 somewhere around an extra 4th (106) and 5th (138) while sending back the Bengals 6th rounder (206).

I'm still on the Charbonnet bandwagon. Runs, catches, blocks, has great college production, and a 9.62 RAS if you want to check that box.

I am down with that TLL, really like Charbonnet and trading down and getting a RB who can do it all would be a great move. Cool

(04-02-2023, 03:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He has been in the NFL for 6 years, Nate. At this point it's the "THIS is year that Billy Hamilton will have learned how to bunt and slaphit" conversation. Lol

Also no restructure for Mixon, don't even want him around for a pay cut. A restructure just pushes cap hit into the future, which either means you're committing to him for more years or you're committing to dead cap space.

Yeah, I will say that it looked more like lack of effort in pass pro from Mixon in my eyes. But he just may not have it in him though.

Been in the league long enough and hasn't worked on this part of his game...

(04-02-2023, 04:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Gibbs draft profile says he’s not good between the tackles. I don’t know about his pass blocking.

Not good at pass blocking either, which is why I don't want Gibbs unless our coaches think he can grow in both areas and he falls to 60.

Is a game changing player though, so would be for him at 60. If we did pick him there the coaches would know better than us about it.
Reply/Quote
Anyone see this? Don’t know the source CJ Golson….

https://twitter.com/CJGolson/status/1645841141357477914?cxt=HHwWtICwtYnzmdctAAAA

BREAKING: Per source, former #Cowboys and #OhioState RB Ezekiel Elliott is expected to sign a 1-year deal with the Cincinnati #Bengals after an expected release of RB Joe Mixon becomes official.

Elliott is expected to be joined by a rookie and work in a committee in Cincinnati.
1:28 PM · Apr 11, 2023
·
Views
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 04:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Anyone see this? Don’t know the source CJ Golson….

https://twitter.com/CJGolson/status/1645841141357477914?cxt=HHwWtICwtYnzmdctAAAA

BREAKING: Per source, former #Cowboys and #OhioState RB Ezekiel Elliott is expected to sign a 1-year deal with the Cincinnati #Bengals after an expected release of RB Joe Mixon becomes official.

Elliott is expected to be joined by a rookie and work in a committee in Cincinnati.
1:28 PM · Apr 11, 2023
·
Views

Hmmm, we will see, if we designate Mixon a June 1st cut right now this makes sense and we would be better off in pass pro with a 
Zeke addition so not against it at all. Would be nice to have a vet in the RB room who has his head on straight, Mixon clearly doesn't
and doesn't like to block, so see yeah.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hmmm, we will see, if we designate Mixon a June 1st cut right now this makes sense and we would be better off in pass pro with a 
Zeke addition so not against it at all. Would be nice to have a vet in the RB room who has his head on straight, Mixon clearly doesn't
and doesn't like to block, so see yeah.

I fully expect a pickup within the first two days (round 1-3) as a rookie. Mixon, Zeke or someone else is most likely just a torch holder.

I know Zeke has a lot of miles and isn’t what he once was… but same for mixon.

We just need a guy to keep us in + down and distances.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 05:17 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I fully expect a pickup within the first two days (round 1-3) as a rookie.  Mixon, Zeke or someone else is most likely just a torch holder.  

Expecting the same, but Mixon will be gone, his off field problems pretty much assured it. Even if he is found not guilty, he won't be here.

We don't need the distraction and we are a passing Offense that needs RB's that can pass block, he doesn't fit our Offense, simple as that.

Expecting a RB like Charbonnet, Spears, Zach Evans, Tank Bigsby, Chase Brown, Roschon Johnson, Travis Dye on day 2 or even Laborn on 
day 3. Zeke is a pass protector and is a good guy off the field so he fits, and we save a lot of dough in designating Mixon a June 1st cut.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expecting the same, but Mixon will be gone, his off field problems pretty much assured it. Even if he is found not guilty, he won't be here.

We don't need the distraction and we are a passing Offense that needs RB's that can pass block, he doesn't fit our Offense, simple at that.

Expecting a RB like Charbonnet, Spears, Zach Evans, Tank Bigsby, Chase Brown, Roschon Johnson, Travis Dye on day 2 or even Laborn on 
day 3. Zeke is a pass protector and is a good guy off the field so he fits, and we save a lot of dough in designating Mixon a June 1st cut.

Not to mention Mixon’s salary makes it an easy decision to cut him.

This late in his career, I can see Elliott choosing us just to chase a ring (like I’ve said before). Still skeptical but that Twitter link gives me a little bit of hope.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 01:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not to mention Mixon’s salary makes it an easy decision to cut him.

This late in his career, I can see Elliott choosing us just to chase a ring (like I’ve said before). Still skeptical but that Twitter link gives me a little bit of hope.

We have been on the cusp 2 years in a row and have Joe Burrow. The Cowboys I knew weren't going to the SB over the Eagles or 49ers.

Agree, that we are a little more appealing and Zeke might want to come back to Ohio, who knows? 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expecting the same, but Mixon will be gone, his off field problems pretty much assured it. Even if he is found not guilty, he won't be here.

We don't need the distraction and we are a passing Offense that needs RB's that can pass block, he doesn't fit our Offense, simple as that.

We had Zach Evans in for a visit yesterday I believe. I like him but he has been injury prone.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 07:53 PM)pulses Wrote: We had Zach Evans in for a visit yesterday I believe. I like him but he has been injury prone.

Yeah, that is why I haven't been on the Evans train before this visit, plus its another Evans...

We already have one at RB, but Zach could definitely be better.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 07:53 PM)pulses Wrote: We had Zach Evans in for a visit yesterday I believe. I like him but he has been injury prone.

He’s the most me guy on the planet. DO NOT WANT
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 05:17 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I fully expect a pickup within the first two days (round 1-3) as a rookie.  Mixon, Zeke or someone else is most likely just a torch holder.  

Yep, and Mixon has been dinged up for at least a game or two every season except 2019.
Gotta have someone in there with starter potential when Mixon likely goes down for some time.
Zeke has actually played more games than Mixon in the regular season since 2019.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 10:27 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s the most me guy on the planet. DO NOT WANT

Really? Didn't know that. Don't want that either.

(04-14-2023, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep, and Mixon has been dinged up for at least a game or two every season except 2019.
Gotta have someone in there with starter potential when Mixon likely goes down for some time.
Zeke has actually played more games than Mixon in the regular season since 2019.

Nice call, another reason this would make sense. Need a reliable pass protector at RB.
Reply/Quote
Another breaking news post from Twitter.... I looked at some "highlights" and we know how those can be, but I didn't see much burst from him and he reminds me of Mixon. I can see him being a goal line and short distance RB. Also he still has it out the backfield.

If we save money on Mixon he should be a good stopgap option. I don't remember him ever being a locker room cancer.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 03:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Another breaking news post from Twitter.... I looked at some "highlights" and we know how those can be, but I didn't see much burst from him and he reminds me of Mixon. I can see him being a goal line and short distance RB. Also he still has it out the backfield.

If we save money on Mixon he should be a good stopgap option. I don't remember him ever being a locker room cancer.

Nice. Looks like he has lost a bit of his burst, but he still has better vision than Mixon in my opinion and is a good pass protector.

I am down, helps free up the Draft. Thanks for the highlights JJ22. Cool
Reply/Quote