Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Looks dead in the water
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I honestly don't watch many cowboys games. How would he fit? I know his stats have been going the wrong direction, is it all on him?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 12:02 AM)ah5 Wrote: I honestly don't watch many cowboys games. How would he fit? I know his stats have been going the wrong direction, is it all on him?

Zac shot it down. The thread is on the sub board. http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Free-Agency-Trades-Rumors

Reply/Quote
Pass on any aging running back.

I've seen too many elite running backs hit a wall and never recover.
Are there any exceptions (Adrian Peterson kind of)?

With the way we are structuring this team (putting big money into the QB and 2 WRs),
I am of the opinion that we need to rely on drafting running backs (every 3-4 years) and getting bargain tight ends (and drafting them as well).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 11:10 PM)pally Wrote:

Maybe just trying to play it off so the price doesn't get driven up?

I'm not giving up hope...........

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 11:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Looks dead in the water

Elaborate? 
Reply/Quote
Last I heard, there was mutual interest.

Are you referecing ZT saying he likes where the team is at? That is coachspeak.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 12:42 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac shot it down. The thread is on the sub board. http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Free-Agency-Trades-Rumors

No, he didn't. 

That does not mean what you think it does. It is 100% coachspeak, in my view. We don't have a TE, TE2, QB2, CB4, or RB2 on the roster and we already announced punter is an open competition. He may not know, or he may know and not want to confirm the interest. 

Sure, he likes the team generally. But that does not mean we aren't adding more guys. Unless you think Asiasi is TE1 and we are gonna play without a QB2? 

We have already expressed interest in other RBs, so we know we are looking. 
Reply/Quote
Mixon+Zeke= best NFL backfield?

Your talking best RBs best WRs best QB... might not even need a TE
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 11:10 PM)pally Wrote:

Zac never could lie without a big ole smile on his face....This has been an issue since childhood  Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 12:49 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Last I heard, there was mutual interest.

Are you referecing ZT saying he likes where the team is at? That is coachspeak.

You heard from someone that you trust there was mutual interest between Zeke/agent and Cincy?

"There's a lot of great players that are available right now," Taylor said. "We like our team as where it's at right now. It's always funny when things get thrown around. Sometimes it's the first you hear of it, but that's just the way life works."

Everybody can interpret it as they may. Watch if there’s anymore traction. NBC has shot it down as well for all 3 teams. My guess is another team was a little surprised as well. It clearly looks like an agent ploy here. But I’ve said elsewhere I’d snag him for $5 million 1 year deal.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:01 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No, he didn't. 

That does not mean what you think it does. It is 100% coachspeak, in my view. We don't have a TE, TE2, QB2, CB4, or RB2 on the roster and we already announced punter is an open competition. He may not know, or he may know and not want to confirm the interest. 

Sure, he likes the team generally. But that does not mean we aren't adding more guys. Unless you think Asiasi is TE1 and we are gonna play without a QB2? 

Zeke will never be a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
He won't want to take the low pay and 3rd down back role he would have with us. Very doubtful this happens as I believe the coaches have a few RBs they like in the draft that would be way cheaper and probably more productive than Zeke.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 12:02 AM)ah5 Wrote: I honestly don't watch many cowboys games.  How would he fit? I know his stats have been going the wrong direction, is it all on him?

He be great for Pass Pro...

Likely be an after the draft pick up for someone
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:01 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No, he didn't. 

You can believe and interpret it the way you want. To me ( like NBC said) this was a ploy by Zeke’s agent and the three teams mentioned are who he’s interested in. I think Zac was sending a messsge to his RB room that they aren’t pursuing him. When Zac said we like our team of course they have more work to do. But I also think in general terms they are comfortable with the roster and I’d imagine what he thinks will end up the roster as they resign a few of their own free agents that aren’t a part of the core team. I’ve been consistent. Once Samaje told them he was going to Denver ( to get a shot at #1 back) they immediately signed Trayveon. They didn’t go to a lot of any pro days for running backs.

Does that mean Zeke could back in like Orlando? He pursue us ? Sure. And Zac on the rate-O-meter of head coaches on coach speak is #32. He’s about as forthcoming as is possible

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 04:39 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You heard from someone that you trust there was mutual interest between Zeke/agent and Cincy?

"There's a lot of great players that are available right now," Taylor said. "We like our team as where it's at right now. It's always funny when things get thrown around. Sometimes it's the first you hear of it, but that's just the way life works."

Everybody can interpret it as they may. Watch if there’s anymore traction. NBC has shot it down as well for all 3 teams. My guess is another team was a little surprised as well. It clearly looks like an agent ploy here. But I’ve said elsewhere I’d snag him for $5 million 1 year deal.

It may indeed by an agent ploy. I think you are probably right there. It may be that Elliot (like Brown) is gonna decide where he wants to go & then reach out, and that has not happened yet. It may be that we have interest and ZT does not want to confirm it publicly and drive the price up. It may be that we have decided to carry 3 RBs instead of 4 this year. It may be we have no interest. 

But the idea that ZT saying he is happy with the team right now meaning we are not interested in adding players does not compute AT ALL. Would ANY non-moron be happy with the state of our TE room right now? Why did Moreau visit? Why did Carter visit? Does that mean we don't need pass rush help? Or another CB? Or a backup QB? Or that Chrisman has won the punter job? Of course not. Ditto RB2. 

ZT could have said flatly we are not interested in Elliot. He didn't. He could have said we are not interested in adding a RB at present. He didn't. Instead we got vague generalities about there being a lot of great players out there, of which he wants exactly none, despite the holes on the roster. Does that make any sense to anyone? Of course not. That's why I deemed it coachspeak non-sense. It makes no sense at all. I am certainly not gonna extrapolate that bit of non-wisdom (there are lots of great players out there, but I don't want any of them) to any specific situation. 

It was just a boilerplate coachspeak answer. He praises his guys (I'm happy with my team). He praises the potential FA (lot of great players out there). He says nothing & leaves. The two things make no sense when put together. Like a peanut butter & sardines sandwich. The part that puzzles me is so many people acting like he said something significant when he didn't. 

I'll make a wager with anyone here. I bet we sign more guys in FA before the draft. Whether Elliot is one of them, I have no idea.
Reply/Quote
I hated this move at first... After listening to Locked on Bengals, I LOVE the idea of Elliott coming in for the Perine role at similar money. 2 years 6mil, 2 years 7. But no higher.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I hated this move at first... After listening to Locked on Bengals, I LOVE the idea of Elliott coming in for the Perine role at similar money. 2 years 6mil, 2 years 7. But no higher.

I didn't like it either initially. I am for it now if the Bengals are. More good pass blocking is only a good thing.

Also agree with ICTR85 that THAT was coach speak from Taylor. He doesn't tip his hand to much.
Reply/Quote