Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
(03-26-2023, 03:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It wouldn’t surprise me when negotiations start going back and forth he says I don’t need to know just let me know when it’s done.

Oh, exactly. If they agree on the value of bringing a player in then I am sure they set perimeters and then Taylor leaves it to the front office personnel to get it done without his interaction.
Reply/Quote
Would rather have a proven Zeke than draft someone questionable. Zeke would be a good tandem with Mixon.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm already tired of Zeke
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 02:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m all for it because Zeke puts more fear in Mixon than Perine. Zeke is working harder in this off season by leaps and bounds. Of course he’s in survival mode. Wouldn’t hurt to have Joe in survival mode.

Being its a contract year ? Would suspect Joe will be in survival mode already knowing the end of his rope in Cincinnati is fast approaching and he must attract another mate. 

Still hope they just release him though and move forward personally. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 09:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Being its a contract year ? Would suspect Joe will be in survival mode already knowing the end of his rope in Cincinnati is fast approaching and he must attract another mate. 

Still hope they just release him though and move forward personally. 

This is also my view, I think it's best to move on from Mixon. I'd like to think a drafted rookie could duplicate Mixon's production over the last couple of seasons.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 09:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is also my view, I think it's best to move on from Mixon. I'd like to think a drafted rookie could duplicate Mixon's production over the last couple of seasons.

Mixon’s cap hit only 2 million next year. They decided to evaluate next year
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:29 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mixon’s cap hit only 2 million next year. They decided to evaluate next year

Yeah, I saw that info posted. I suppose circumstances can change between now and training camp but it does appear he'll be on the Bengals for the '23 season.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm already tired of Zeke
I don’t know how it can be any clearer. Zac (paraphrasing)…”we like our RB room we have”.

I can see them drafting someone, as this draft has a lot of good RBs in it. Plus, the Bengals are good at drafting a position a year before it becomes an absolute need.

They may try to get a supplemental RB, but it won’t be Elliot, who I’m sure wants the high end of the RB market.

Plus, I don’t see him really fitting in with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I'd be very happy with a Mixon/Zeke backfield. All athletes have egos, but I think both men just want a ring and will do whatever it takes. At both of their ages as running backs, splitting time would go a long way to extending careers and keeping them fresh for the playoff push.

As for Zac's comments.... I'm sure each organization has a different approach when it comes to personnel and input from a coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
Zeke's a really good blocking back. He'd be a great addition to take perines place if the price is right.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:50 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I don’t know how it can be any clearer.  Zac (paraphrasing)…”we like our RB room we have”.

I can see them drafting someone, as this draft has a lot of good RBs in it.  Plus, the Bengals are good at drafting a position a year before it becomes an absolute need.

They may try to get a supplemental RB, but it won’t be Elliot, who I’m sure wants the high end of the RB market.

Do you really think they are happy with Mixon and Williams (who can't stay healthy). They obviously don't think much of Evans...
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:50 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I don’t know how it can be any clearer.  Zac (paraphrasing)…”we like our RB room we have”.

I can see them drafting someone, as this draft has a lot of good RBs in it.  Plus, the Bengals are good at drafting a position a year before it becomes an absolute need.

I think that was just an excellent display of coach speak by Zac Taylor.  Of course he's going to throw cold water on any possibly incidiary media rumors, in order to keep calm the guys currently on the roster, in case they actually do have to roll with them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that was just an excellent display of coach speak by Zac Taylor.  Of course he's going to throw cold water on any possibly incidiary media rumors, in order to keep calm the guys currently on the roster, in case they actually do have to roll with them.
My thoughts exactly.

Zac’s not going to tip his hand one way or the other because it also helps keep the price low.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you really think they are happy with Mixon and Williams (who can't stay healthy). They obviously don't think much of Evans...

Exactly. Not sure how anyone can believe they actually feel good about the current state of the room. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: My thoughts exactly.

Zac’s not going to tip his hand one way or the other because it also helps keep the price low.

Originally they were hoping to keep Perine and not mess with the RB room. Perine leaving shocked them. Right after he told them they went and signed Trayveon. I’d expect they draft a TE @1 and then BPA after that. But they feel good about Trayveon. We’ll see.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They've waived Williams twice and re-signed him 3 times. Nothing about him being back says they're 'done with the room'...especially considering the draft, where they'll take at least one.

As for Perine, one of the reasons he said he chose Denver is because of their 'ground and pound' style, as he called it, which he says fits his physical style of play.

I want a more explosive back in the draft, to compliment what they already have. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 05:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t think they draft a running back in the first 3 rounds. So there you go. They’ve got Williams newly signed, Mixon #1, and Evans. It’s not a priority. If Moreau doesn’t sign they will draft a TE @1 a tackle@2  a CB @3. Or DT

I'm gonna say 2nd, or the 3rd if the guy they wanted isn't there in the 2nd. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mixon is inconsistent, can't pass block and probably his final year in stripes.
Williams has only been active 13 times over the last 2 years.
Evans couldn't find a way to get on the field last year. 

To say that RB isn't a priority, at least to some degree, seems to be ignoring the reality of the current room.

Currently, as a RBBC, the backfield is currently only "ok" at best. It's certainly become more of a priority with Perine leaving. They need some pop back there. 

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yeah, I saw that info posted. I suppose circumstances can change between now and training camp but it does appear he'll be on the Bengals for the '23 season.

I'm not against him being back this year and cut next but there's absolutely no reason why he should be here with his current contract. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 12:39 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm not against him being back this year and cut next but there's absolutely no reason why he should be here with his current contract. 

at the very least we likely see Mixon restructure his contract which he has indicated hes willing to do
Reply/Quote