Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman to auction gun used to kill Martin
(05-15-2016, 09:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize it's difficult to imagine yourself in TM's exact situation, but I really doubt walking away or handing the guy a business card and telling him you have better things to do is going to be acceptable in his mind.

How can I know what it's like in his mind?  It was pretty obvious he was scared but his gf putting the gay rape scenario in his head sent him over the edge.    Can't help he was homophobic.    That's why I can't know what it's like in his mind ....    
(05-15-2016, 09:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How can I know what it's like in his mind?  It was pretty obvious he was scared but his gf putting the gay rape scenario in his head sent him over the edge.    Can't help he was homophobic.    That's why I can't know what it's like in his mind ....    

I meant more about the possibility that you might be dealing with someone who is looking for a reason to fight with you and your solutions of walking away and/or giving him your business card might not help the situation.  Also, it's pretty ridiculous (even by your standards) to say that a person who doesn't want to get raped by a man is a homophobe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-15-2016, 09:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I meant more about the possibility that you might be dealing with someone who is looking for a reason to fight with you and your solutions of walking away and/or giving him your business card might not help the situation.  Also, it's pretty ridiculous (even by your standards) to say that a person who doesn't want to get raped by a man is a homophobe.

Do you fear a rape when a gay man approaches you?  Obviously TM and his gf do when they get near what they suspect is a gay man.  

I wouldn't know that feeling.
(05-15-2016, 09:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you fear a rape when a gay man approaches you?  Obviously TM and his gf do when they get near what they suspect is a gay man.  

This post will not end well....
Tongue
(05-15-2016, 09:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you fear a rape when a gay man approaches you?  Obviously TM and his gf do when they get near what they suspect is a gay man.  

Again, I didn't follow the case that closely but I don't know that TM was convinced GZ was there to rape him in the street because he was under the impression that that is what all gay guys do...rape people in public.  It's possible, but that would require the assumption that TM was borderline insane, wouldn't it?
(05-15-2016, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, I didn't follow the case that closely but I don't know that TM was convinced GZ was there to rape him in the street because he was under the impression that that is what all gay guys do...rape people in public.  It's possible, but that would require the assumption that TM was borderline insane, wouldn't it?

No these were based on his Gf's account of the night while she was on the phone with TM.   She put the thought on his head he was going to get raped by the gay guy.    

Unfortunately this isn't speculation.   
(05-15-2016, 10:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No these were based on his Gf's account of the night while she was on the phone with TM.   She put the thought on his head he was going to get raped by the gay guy.    

Unfortunately this isn't speculation.   

It sort of is speculation unless you can prove TM thought gay men are rapists by nature and he was attacking GZ because he was going to get raped by him.  Anyways, this isn't too important.  If TM really thinks gay men are out to forcibly rape him in the street then he was downright insane and GZ shouldn't have approached a mentally insane minor. 

I was actually more interested in why you thought TM should have been carrying a weapon since he wasn't legally permitted to do so.
(05-15-2016, 01:06 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He wasn't just out for a stroll. He stalked someone, even after a professional emergency worker told him not to. He most certainly violated anti-stalking laws and he did it with a loaded weapon. He wasn't just out for a walk in the park when he got punched in the face. For all we know he started the punching and started losing before blowing a kid to kingdom come. The only reason that he got away with it IMO is because the real story got lost in the legal fiction.

I meant to post this earlier, but got sidetracked with work.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0784/Sections/0784.048.html
(05-15-2016, 10:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It sort of is speculation unless you can prove TM thought gay men are rapists by nature and he was attacking GZ because he was going to get raped by him.  Anyways, this isn't too important.  If TM really thinks gay men are out to forcibly rape him in the street then he was downright insane and GZ shouldn't have approached a mentally insane minor. 

I was actually more interested in why you thought TM should have been carrying a weapon since he wasn't legally permitted to do so.

Where did I say he should be carrying a weapon?  
(05-15-2016, 10:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It sort of is speculation unless you can prove TM thought gay men are rapists by nature and he was attacking GZ because he was going to get raped by him.  Anyways, this isn't too important.  If TM really thinks gay men are out to forcibly rape him in the street then he was downright insane and GZ shouldn't have approached a mentally insane minor. 

As to the above part.  

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-jeantel-tells-piers-she-and-trayvon-feared-zimmerman-might-be-gay-rapist/

Quote:During her lengthy interview with Piers Morgan last night, star witness Rachel Jeantel described how she and Trayvon Martin feared that George Zimmerman was a “rapist” following the 17-year-old teenager.

Asked whether there was any doubt in her mind as to whether Martin “absolutely believed” Zimmerman was “pursuing him” that evening in 2012, Jeantel replied in the affirmative. He was “freaked out” about it, she said, especially after she had suggested to the late teenager that Zimmerman “might be a rapist.”
She explained that because Martin was not a homosexual, he was troubled by the actions of Zimmerman: “For every boy or every man who’s not that kind of way,” she said, “seeing a grown man following them, would they be creeped out?”

Jeantel continued: “You have to take it as a parent, when you tell your child, you see a grown person following you, run away, and all that. You going to tell your child stand there? If you tell your child stand there, then you’re going to see your child on the news for missing person.”
(05-15-2016, 11:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where did I say he should be carrying a weapon?  

In post #100 you said:

As for Florida.   We encourage everyone to carry.    No idea why TM wasn't.... That's his business.    I don't know his specifics.    But I do know that most homes down here have an extensive collection of firearms.   You may not like this but I assume you are not from or live here.

I thought it was interesting that you have no idea why a minor wasn't carrying a firearm when he is unable to legally do so.  I wasn't sure if you were saying he SHOULD have been armed, or it's inconceivable that a black male over the age of 14 or so would be out without a gun of some sort.
(05-15-2016, 11:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In post #100 you said:

As for Florida.   We encourage everyone to carry.    No idea why TM wasn't.... That's his business.    I don't know his specifics.    But I do know that most homes down here have an extensive collection of firearms.   You may not like this but I assume you are not from or live here.

I thought it was interesting that you have no idea why a minor wasn't carrying a firearm when he is unable to legally do so.  I wasn't sure if you were saying he SHOULD have been armed, or it's inconceivable that a black male over the age of 14 or so would be out without a gun of some sort.

Well the portion where I mention I don't know his specifics would cover that....  

I do know what led to his death.... He and his gf's homophobia.   Which makes sense given where he lived.   
(05-16-2016, 12:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well the portion where I mention I don't know his specifics would cover that....  

I do know what led to his death.... He and his gf's homophobia.   Which makes sense given where he lived.   

That seems like a bit of a leap, so we'll just have to leave it at that.
(05-16-2016, 12:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well the portion where I mention I don't know his specifics would cover that....

If you're an idiot, so I guess that does cover you.

Quote:I do know what led to his death.... He and his gf's homophobia.   Which makes sense given where he lived.   

You know this?  You should go to the press right now because you're in possession of information no one else on the planet seems to possess.
(05-16-2016, 12:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You know this?  You should go to the press right now because you're in possession of information no one else on the planet seems to possess.

I don't need to go to the press.   It was on CNN.  

maybe spend less time trying to be a know-it-all and more time paying attention to the news.    

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-jeantel-tells-piers-she-and-trayvon-feared-zimmerman-might-be-gay-rapist/
I never understand how people say out of one side of their mouth the girlfriend is a liar, and then out of the other side take her claim that they were concerned he was a gay rapist as the truth. Just doesn't jive to me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
People are still talking about this fat coward?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-16-2016, 07:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I never understand how people say out of one side of their mouth the girlfriend is a liar, and then out of the other side take her claim that they were concerned he was a gay rapist as the truth. Just doesn't jive to me.

I think Simon & Garfunkel said something about a man hearing what he wants to hear and disregarding the rest, no?  
(05-16-2016, 11:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People are still talking about this fat coward?

Hey how about you lay off Rachael Jenteal.  Hasn't she been through enough?   Her homophobic views are hers to deal with and hers alone.    
(05-16-2016, 07:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I never understand how people say out of one side of their mouth the girlfriend is a liar, and then out of the other side take her claim that they were concerned he was a gay rapist as the truth. Just doesn't jive to me.

This whole case was dumb.  A little Common sense on both sides and this never happens.   They were both idiots.   And Rachael Jenteal was put into a situation that she had No chance... It's clear she isn't playing with a full deck .