Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
I would encourage everyone to stay on topic. In this case, Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.

Or I can just lock another thread that's going off the rails faster than the Flash reads Playboy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-19-2016, 01:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah like I am going to post my info on here lol. Who do you think I am Fred? 

I'm sure you will be ok and if you were even remotely serious you wouldn't have asked me in here.    You would have PM'd like others have done.   

I'm serious. I'm applying with St. Francis Roper in Charleston after they recently purchased the Nason group. They open their first clinic in August. SCS is from Charleston and I bet he is aware of Nason. If not, you can easily verify.

So far I'm really underwhelmed by your salesmanship. If you don't like making money pawn me off on one of your underlings who is motivated to make a sale. You can PM their info if you don't feel safe.

If you don't mind, give me a name from those that PMed you for real estate advice as a reference.
(05-19-2016, 01:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm serious. I'm applying with St. Francis Roper in Charleston after they recently purchased the Nason group. They open their first clinic in August. SCS is from Charleston and I bet he is aware of Nason. If not, you can easily verify.

So far I'm really underwhelmed by your salesmanship. If you don't like making money pawn me off on one of your underlings who is motivated to make a sale. You can PM their info if you don't feel safe.

If you don't mind, give me a name from those that PMed you for real estate advice as a reference.

Please look one post above yours and comply
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-19-2016, 11:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: First off, no it doesn't. Check your link again. It doesn't mention hate anywhere near the definition. Secondly, based on the wording (and you know dictionaries are very careful with their wording), it's the irrational discrimination of said group.

Lastly, and more importantly, the issue is with people's minds. You have one group of people that are messed up in the head (to put it in layman's terms) and you have another group of people that are messed up in the head in a different way. Why is it okay to be intolerant and hateful towards one of them but not the other?

Answer: because one has become a socially acceptable group of messed up in the head people AND it's socially acceptable to belittle the other group. You might think that's okay, but may I remind you that at one point in time, not only was homosexuality not socially acceptable in this country but it was also socially acceptable to belittle them, to out them, to make their lives miserable, and to even physically abuse them. So for those of you castigating those who do not accept trans people as being unworthy of special rights, you are exactly the same as the homophobe/transphobe you criticize.

Clarification: I'm not talking about those that truly do hate homosexuals and trans people. They are worthy of your derision and more. I'm speaking of those that are called homophobes simply for having an opposing opinion. They treat ALL others with respect but simply disagree with various *****/trans issues and yet they are unduly criticized as homophobes and transphobes.

Ok, so discrimination still counts. Thanks. Also, you need to check the wording, not me. 

" irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against"

1. Irrational fear of
2. aversion to
3. discrimination against

Irrational modifies fear, not the rest. 

Let's not use loaded language like "messed up in the head". As far as why I am ok with being accepting of trans and dismissive of bigotry is because one hurts others while the other doesn't. Easy enough. 

You're also never going to convince me that it is wrong to criticize people who seek to discriminate and deny rights to others. I'm just going to laugh every time you do. You sound stupid when you tell me that I am as bad as a homophobe when I dismiss homophobia. There's no legitimate reason to be "against" gay people or trans people. Mind your own damn business. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-19-2016, 01:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Please look one post above yours and comply

Lucie brought his business up. Not me.

He can discuss his business, but I can't?
(05-19-2016, 02:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Lucie brought his business up. Not me.

He can discuss his business, but I can't?

You don't know the details of his business like he does because they haven't been invented yet.
I tried.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-19-2016, 12:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Just because you disagree with the reason, doesn't make it irrational. Irrational reasoning would have no basis in logic or reason. For example, saying Democrats are evil because the sky is blue would be irrational. To use more common arguments, saying you don't think gays should get married because God has said marriage is for one man and one woman, that's not irrational. That's perfectly logical because there's Biblical evidence to suggest such a thing. You may not believe in God or the Bible, but you can follow the line of thinking.

Saying, gays shouldn't get married because then people will want to marry their pets IS irrational because the line of reasoning falls apart due to, among other reasons, there only being like virtually no one who's wanted to marry their pets, not to mention that there is gay marriage in many states now and still no one pushing to marry their pets.

For all three examples, i can see legitimate rational reasons behind them. That doesn't necessarily make them "right", mind you, but they are not irrational forms of discrimination. And as such, those making those claims are not proven to be homophobes or transphobes.

But what you're saying is that a "rational" reason is one that comes from a religious book that not everyone follows.

That's not really how civil laws should be written.

Not in the US anyway.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-19-2016, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is the "rational' reason for a school aged male to share a public shower with a school aged female?

I'm sorry.  I wasn't discussing that.

I'll have to get back to you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.