Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bfine-al Mock
Only the 2nd one I did this year. I've never made a trade in a mock, but this year it just makes too much sense.
RD 1 PK 1 JAX: EVAN NEAL/OT
RD1 PK2 DET: AIDEN HUTCHINSON/ ED
RD1 PK3 HOU: KEM EKWONO/ OT
RD1 PK4 NYJ: SAUCE GARDENER/ CB
RD1 PK5 NYG: TRAVON WALKER/ ED
RD1 PK6 CAR: KYLE HAMILTON/ S
RD1 PK7 NYG: TREVOR PENNING/ OT
RD1 PK8 ATL: JAMESON WILLIAMS/ WR
RD1 PK9 SEA: KAYVON THIBODEAUX/ ED
RD1 PK10 NYJ: GARRETT WILSON /WR
RD1 PK11 WAS: DEREK STINGLEY JR./ CB
RD1 PK12 MIN: TRENT MCDUFFIE/ CB
RD1 PK13 HOU:  DRAKE LONDON/ WR
RD1 PK14 BAL: JORDAN DAVIS/ DL
RD1 PK15 PHI: GEORGE KARLAFTIS/
RD1 PK16 NOS: CHARLES CROSS/ OT
RD1 PK17 LAC: DEVONTE WYATT/ DT
RD1 PK18 PHI: ANDREW BOOTH JR./ CB/
RD1 PK 19 NOS: MALIK WILLIS/ QB
RD1 PK20 PIT: TYLER LINDERBAUM/ OL
RD1 PK21 NEP: NAKOBE DEAN/ LB
RD1 PK22 GBP: CHRIS OLAVE/ WR
RD1 PK23 ARZ: BOYE MAFE/ ED
RD 1 PK24 DAL: ZION JOHNSON/ IOL
RD1 PK25 BUF: ROGER MCCREARY/ CB
RD1 PK26 TEN: DEVIN LLOYD/ LB/
RD1 PK27 DEN:  TRAVIS JONES/ IDL
RD1 PK28 GBP: JERMAINE JOHNSON/ ED
RD1 PK 29 KCC: TREYLON BURKS/ WR
RD1 PK30 KCC: DAVID OJABO/ ED
RD1 PK31 SEA: KENNY PICKETT/ QB (Cin trades 31 and 95 to SEA for 40 and 72)
RD1 PK32 DET: MATT CORRAL/ QB

RD2 PK33 JAX: DAX HALL/ S
RD2 PK34 DET: GEORGE PICKENS/ WR
RD2 PK35 NYJ: BREECE HALL/ RB
RD2 PK36 NYG: LEWIS CINE/S
RD2 PK37 HOU: KAIIR ELAM/CB
RD2 PK38 NYJ: LOGAN HALL/DL
RD2 PK39 CHI: KENYON GREENE/OL

RD2 PK40 CIN: PERRION WINFREY/DL
[Image: 6158cf2f2ba70.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]

I’m torn between him and Logan Hall here and neither would be a bad choice. They brought both in and I hope they like what they heard. Jim Miller stood beside him at the Senior Bowl and all he could think of was Bruce Smith. When I see and hear this kid I think one thing “A Dog”.

RD2 PK63 CIN: ALONTAE TAYLOR/CB
[Image: 13508847.jpeg]

AT is a big, fast DB who’s just tapping into his potential. He can learn behind Apple until he ready to take over. Class A kid.

RD3 PK 70 CIN: TROY ANDERSEN/ATH
[Image: attachment-Montana-State-Football-Troy-A...0&a=t&q=89]

Tysum Hill is a poor man’s Troy Andersen. This kid is amazing. Has played numerous positions and excelled at each. I see him being a starting LB and our FB on goal lines

RD4 BO MELTON/WR
[Image: 1292509918.jpg]

This kid has the character Zac craves. Dude was named team Captain 2 years in a role. The kid is a faster Deebo Samual with PR skills.

RD5 MATT ARAIZA/P
[Image: 4213.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=...68b9a523f5]
Instant field changer. Might go much earlier, but I’m hoping he makes it here

RD6 TYLER GOODESEN/RB
[Image: usa_today_13430465.jpg]

Jitterbug change of pace RB

RD7 CURTIS HODGE

[Image: FFdWTOXVUAk3HzY.jpg]

6’8” Project

RD7 NICK FORD/OL
[Image: 20211126_NG_FB_Colorado_023.jpg]

I like him more than most. Kid did whatever the team asked to his own detriment
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I certainly wouldn't mind a trade back but it seems we'd be losing out on the points in that scenario. Hopefully if a team wants a QB we will be on the winning side of the trade points.
Reply/Quote
I like the picks!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:42 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I certainly wouldn't mind a trade back but it seems we'd be losing out on the points in that scenario. Hopefully if a team wants a QB we will be on the winning side of the trade points.

Pick 31 is worth 190 points pick 40 is worth 149 and pick 72 is worth 67 so they overpay just a hair but it is fair.
Reply/Quote
Love the Winfrey pick. Understand the love for Taylor even if I'd pick a different player. Would have rather went with a different position than LB in 3 but all in all, wouldn't be too upset if this was our draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:23 AM)pulses Wrote: Pick 31 is worth 190 points    pick 40 is worth 149 and pick 72 is worth 67 so they overpay just a hair but it is fair.

I'm of the mindset that if a team wants to move up to the 1st round, because they like a player enough to want to have that 5th year option on him, it's definitely going to cost more than a few "points" on the trade reference chart.  If it were me?  Seahawks better be adding a 2023 3rd round pick.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It makes a lot of sense that teams would be looking to trade up with us to get ahead of Detroit to grab a QB. I really don't see many QBs going in the 1st round as we've heard for a long time now that it's an extremely weak QB class.

That said, we do miss out on some of the top end 2nd round players by trading down. We do get equal value at 40 though, and gain a pick. I like Taylor as well. Hitting Dline then CB with these players is a good start to the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:23 AM)pulses Wrote: Pick 31 is worth 190 points    pick 40 is worth 149 and pick 72 is worth 67 so they overpay just a hair but it is fair.

But we are giving them 95 as well and that's worth 40 points.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:07 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: But we are giving them 95 as well and that's worth 40 points.

If we're going strictly by to trade values as follows:
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

BENGALS give up: 31 (600) and 95 (120)= 720
SEATTLE give up: 40 (500) and 72 (230)=730

We actually come out on the plus side. We move back 9 early to come up 23 later. I get DAX HILL and KAIIR ELAM would be tempting at 31, but I don't see a huge drop off between them and the likes of Taylor, CTB, Amour-Davis, or other CBs that may be available at 63. Conversely I see a huge drop off between the top and the bottom of RD 3

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:29 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Love the Winfrey pick. Understand the love for Taylor even if I'd pick a different player. Would have rather went with a different position than LB in 3 but all in all, wouldn't be too upset if this was our draft.

Andersen is so much more than a LB. He is:

2 time State HS 100 and 200 meter state champion
1st team QB on HS All-State Team
State HS defensive player of the year
Big Sky Conference Player of the Year at RB and LB
Team's starting QB was ruled ineligible Troy's Sophomore year so TA goes to QB and earns 1st Team All Big Sky
He then returned back to FB and LB where he won Big Sky Defensive player of the year and finish second in D1 subdivision Defensive player of the year

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andersen is so much more than a LB. He is:

2 time State HS 100 and 200 meter state champion
1st team QB on HS All-State Team
State HS defensive player of the year
Big Sky Conference Player of the Year at RB and LB
Team's starting QB was ruled ineligible Troy's Sophomore year so TA goes to QB and earns 1st Team All Big Sky
He then returned back to FB and LB where he won Big Sky Defensive player of the year and finish second in D1 subdivision Defensive player of the year

He's an intriguing prospect, for sure.  His draft profile at NFL.com would lead one to think of him as a developmental project at LB, but I'm thinking if the Bengals really wanted to add some diversity to the offensive playbook, he could be used much like Kyle Juszcyk in SF.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:07 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: But we are giving them 95 as well and that's worth 40 points.

My point is we dont give them 95
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we're going strictly by to trade values as follows:
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

BENGALS give up: 31 (600) and 95 (120)= 720
SEATTLE give up: 40 (500) and 72 (230)=730

We actually come out on the plus side. We move back 9 early to come up 23 later. I get DAX HILL and KAIIR ELAM would be tempting at 31, but I don't see a huge drop off between them and the likes of Taylor, CTB, Amour-Davis, or other CBs that may be available at 63. Conversely I see a huge drop off between the top and the bottom of RD 3

Why are the Bengals giving up anything?  They would be the one's doing Seattle the favor of allowing them to move up 9 spots into the 1st round.  Seattle offering up #72 is just fair compensation to the Bengals for being nice guys and agreeing to trade down.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why are the Bengals giving up anything?  They would be the one's doing Seattle the favor of allowing them to move up 9 spots into the 1st round.  Seattle offering up #72 is just fair compensation to the Bengals for being nice guys and agreeing to trade down.

If you consider moving up 23 spots in the 3rd RD being a "nice guy" I'll take it. Seattle is a team we give 2 shits about. The trade up allows us to avoid a 1st RD contract, frees us up to sign long term earlier if works out/cut if not, and get a better prospect in RD 3. It also takes a top QB off the board in case PIT wants to make a move.

IMO folks are "over-valuing" the 1st RD pick thing. Most likely because we've never drafted this late in the 1st RD.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you consider moving up 23 spots in the 3rd RD being a "nice guy" I'll take it. Seattle is a team we give 2 shits about. The trade up allows us to avoid a 1st RD contract, frees us up to sign long term earlier if works out/cut if not, and get a better prospect in RD 3. It also takes a top QB off the board in case PIT wants to make a move.

IMO folks are "over-valuing" the 1st RD pick thing. Most likely because we've never drafted this late in the 1st RD.

It does hold significant value over a 2nd round pick.  Even a player selected at the end of the 1st round is still covered by the 5th year option contract that players taken in the 2nd are not.

So yeah, unless you approached them about trading down, you ARE doing them a big favor by allowing them to move into the 1st round, as they currently do not have a 1st round pick.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It does hold significant value over a 2nd round pick.  Even a player selected at the end of the 1st round is still covered by the 5th year option contract that players taken in the 2nd are not.

So yeah, unless you approached them about trading down, you ARE doing them a big favor by allowing them to move into the 1st round, as they currently do not have a 1st round pick.

We are talking about Seattle right? The 9th pick from trading Wilson? Now they only have the one 1st and could be trading back up, but they do have a 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:00 PM)pulses Wrote: My point is we dont give them 95

Oh okay. I thought maybe you missed that because I did at first. Yes if we didn't switch 3rds I would like that trade a lot more.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm of the mindset that if a team wants to move up to the 1st round, because they like a player enough to want to have that 5th year option on him, it's definitely going to cost more than a few "points" on the trade reference chart.  If it were me?  Seahawks better be adding a 2023 3rd round pick.

I agree they def have to overpay it's not gonna be a good trade for us on an equal points basis.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you consider moving up 23 spots in the 3rd RD being a "nice guy" I'll take it. Seattle is a team we give 2 shits about. The trade up allows us to avoid a 1st RD contract, frees us up to sign long term earlier if works out/cut if not, and get a better prospect in RD 3. It also takes a top QB off the board in case PIT wants to make a move.

We're not "overvaluing anything" when you're trading with a team and you're allowing them to go back into the 1st round to get the 5th year option on the most expensive position in football (QB) it's gonna COST THEM. Dropping back 9 spots and swapping 3rd's is laughable.
Reply/Quote
BFine used the trade value chart which is exactly what you are supposed to do when making a mock draft. I believe a team should also give up a little value to grab a QB at the end of round 1 but using the Chart makes the Mock Draft Authentic.

To the OP: I'm a huge Perrion Winfrey fan big with long arms and so fast of the ball. I remember mentioning Alontae Taylor in a thread you posted Bfine about a mock draft site that had Taylor in the 200s. Guy is fast and has that length that can make a CB special. One thing I dont like is a Punter I know Araiza is a good punter but fo many good ones are UDFA to spend a mid round pick on one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote