Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bfine's watchlist
bfine, What do you think of that Houston defense? I hadn't really watched much of them, prior to last night. They seem fast, smart, and sure tacklers. I don't think I've ever seen defenders that could match Lamar Jackson's moves and quickness, and take him down in the open field like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Holy crap! Did anyone see Mike Williams, WR Clemson, catch the pass, and then to proceed to carry a defender on his back about 12 yds into the endzone? Dude's pretty sturdy, goes 6'4" about 220. Looks like a cross between AJ Green and Megatron.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 10:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Holy crap!  Did anyone see Mike Williams, WR Clemson, catch the pass, and then to proceed to carry a defender on his back about 12 yds into the endzone?  Dude's pretty sturdy, goes 6'4" about 220.  Looks like a cross between AJ Green and Megatron.

If he is available, he would be tough to pass on.  Green/Williams would be an incredible pair.  
Reply/Quote
Zach Cunningham was 10 tackles, 1 PD, and a FF against Tennessee.

In the same game Derek Barnett got another sack giving him 12 on the year

Malik Hooker with 7 tackles and an INT

WTS. It looks like we'll be drafting a little higher than originally thought which brings some new names into the mix.

Fred offered up Barnett earlier and he now seems realistic

Sunset has been pimping Williams and he too is an option

Others in the conversation now:

Cam Robinson

Myles Garrett

Leonard Fournette.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think if there's a definite number one guy, it's Garrett. After that, I'm not so sure that there's an elite player. I'm always a trade down guy and grab future picks, so unless the Bengals get Garrett, I say trade down.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zach Cunningham was 10 tackles, 1 PD, and a FF against Tennessee.

WTS. It looks like we'll be drafting a little higher than originally thought which brings some new names into the mix.

Cam Robinson

Myles Garrett

Leonard Fournette.

I feel like Jamal Adams should also be brought up as a name on that list.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zach Cunningham was 10 tackles, 1 PD, and a FF against Tennessee.

Cam Robinson

Myles Garrett

Leonard Fournette.

My top choice is still Garrett, but we won't get him unless we are picking 1 or 2. Allen DE/DT or Robinson RT from Bama would make a nice conciliation prize.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 07:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My top choice is still Garrett, but we won't get him unless we are picking 1 or 2. Allen DE/DT or Robinson RT from Bama would make a nice conciliation prize.

You do realize that CBS has Jonathon Allen rated as their #1 overall prospect, right?  And, they have Garrett and Peppers as #2 and #3, respectively.  I realize that other ratings services have players ranked at different slots, but I trust CBS for the most part.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Cam Robinson

Myles Garrett

Leonard Fournette.

Barnett is my favorite, besides Garrett but I don't think we land him.

Peppers is someone Marvin may have his eyes on. Sort of like a Deone Buccanon role. A safety/linebacker hybrid. He has wanted one, as we've seen with some personnel choices with Mays. But never worked out.

Peppers replaces Dansby and gives a much better, more athletic player.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You do realize that CBS has Jonathon Allen rated as their #1 overall prospect, right?  And, they have Garrett and Peppers as #2 and #3, respectively.  I realize that other ratings services have players ranked at different slots, but I trust CBS for the most part.

I think that is going to change once teams start working these guys out and Garrett destroys the combine. It will also depend on the type of player you're looking for. Garrett is your proto pass-rusher, while Allen plays the run and the pass well, but doesn't have that elite edge speed like Garrett.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 06:53 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Barnett is my favorite, besides Garrett but I don't think we land him.

Peppers is someone Marvin may have his eyes on. Sort of like a Deone Buccanon role. A safety/linebacker hybrid. He has wanted one, as we've seen with some personnel choices with Mays. But never worked out.

Peppers replaces Dansby and gives a much better, more athletic player.

I think Peppers is all hype up to this point. I need to see more.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 11:18 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I think Peppers is all hype up to this point. I need to see more.

He's a very athletic player who is raw. If put in the right spot, he would flourish. Think that would be the SAM or SS spot in all honesty. But he would fit SAM for us. Nickel LB who covers tight ends and can also rush the QB.

His issue is lacking ball skills. He didn't have a great game against OSU, but his tape shows a lot of positives. Again, comes down to where you play him
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 10:25 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think that is going to change once teams starry working these guys out and Garrett destroys the combine. It will also depend on the type of player you're looking for. Garrett is your proto pass-rusher, while Allen plays the run and the pass well, but doesn't have that elite edge speed like Garrett.

I'm not doubting that Garrett is the real deal, I'm just questioning as to weather or not the Bengals have even a remote shot of getting him.  I also trust your opinion of Allen, 'Bama has such a collection of talent across their team that sometimes players appear better than they really are. 

(11-30-2016, 11:18 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I think Peppers is all hype up to this point. I need to see more.

Let me tell you, as an OSU fan, I was paying special attention to Peppers all season long.  I was fearing the worst, when he came to Ohio Stadium, this past Saturday.  If it weren't for some careful game planning, on both sides of the ball, as well as Special Teams, I am convinced that he could have taken the game into his own hands.  He is the real deal, multi-talented, high spirited, football IQ is off the charts.  I see him as a Safety in the NFL, with heavy advantages on a 4-3 to look like the 3rd LB on Nickle sets. 

I would be thrilled if the Bengals took him as their 1st round selection, but I just can't see them using that 1st round pick on anything but the "premium" positions, those being LT, CB, DE, QB, WR.  All other positions they seem to rank as somehow "less valuable", and therefore not worthy of 1st round pick.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

After the OSU game a fan accidentally bumped into Peppers. Peppers reacted aggressively. Not the mentality I want. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 07:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After the OSU game a fan accidentally bumped into Peppers. Peppers reacted aggressively. Not the mentality I want. 

I don't get the hype.  He's too small to play LB, even as a nickel, and is too raw to play S.  What people are talking about doing with him you could hypothetically do with any box S, but no one does because everyone runs out of 3 WR sets.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 07:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't get the hype.  He's too small to play LB, even as a nickel, and is too raw to play S.  What people are talking about doing with him you could hypothetically do with any box S, but no one does because everyone runs out of 3 WR sets.

Agree with you and Yellow Discipline.

He could turn out to be a stud, but I'd rather a true LB or S - e.g. Foster or Adams. 

If we end up drafting in the top 5-10 I don't want to waste the pick on a high risk/ reward player.  He may turn out to be a stud, but I haven't been that impressed in the little I've seen him play.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 09:56 PM)3wt Wrote: Agree with you and Yellow Discipline.

He could turn out to be a stud, but I'd rather a true LB or S - e.g. Foster or Adams. 

If we end up drafting in the top 5-10 I don't want to waste the pick on a high risk/ reward player.  He may turn out to be a stud, but I haven't been that impressed in the little I've seen him play.

I don't even think the guy is high reward, honestly.  I see him eventually developing into a box SS, and you don't blow a top 10 pick on a box SS, especially one that needs at least a year of development.  

We remember the Taylor Mays experiment, but people forget that the Steelers attempted a 3 S dime package with Troy Polamalu effectively playing LB.  It failed miserably and was quickly abandoned.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 06:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not doubting that Garrett is the real deal, I'm just questioning as to weather or not the Bengals have even a remote shot of getting him.  I also trust your opinion of Allen, 'Bama has such a collection of talent across their team that sometimes players appear better than they really are. 

Let me tell you, as an OSU fan, I was paying special attention to Peppers all season long.  I was fearing the worst, when he came to Ohio Stadium, this past Saturday.  If it weren't for some careful game planning, on both sides of the ball, as well as Special Teams, I am convinced that he could have taken the game into his own hands.  He is the real deal, multi-talented, high spirited, football IQ is off the charts.  I see him as a Safety in the NFL, with heavy advantages on a 4-3 to look like the 3rd LB on Nickle sets. 

I would be thrilled if the Bengals took him as their 1st round selection, but I just can't see them using that 1st round pick on anything but the "premium" positions, those being LT, CB, DE, QB, WR.  All other positions they seem to rank as somehow "less valuable", and therefore not worthy of 1st round pick.

Picking Peppers would be the "Flashy/sexy" pick that just isn't our MO.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 06:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not doubting that Garrett is the real deal, I'm just questioning as to weather or not the Bengals have even a remote shot of getting him.  I also trust your opinion of Allen, 'Bama has such a collection of talent across their team that sometimes players appear better than they really are. 

Bengals might not have a shot at Garrett or Allen. Those guys could go 1 and 2 if those teams aren't looking QB. I think the Bengals will be picking 4,5 or 6 if season continues to play out the same for us and the other bad teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 09:48 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Picking Peppers would be the "Flashy/sexy" pick that just isn't our MO.

Which is a shame.  Peppers brings something that a lot of today's players do not, spark, emotion, high energy, whatever you want to call it.  Sure, it might take a year or two to temper him into a modern professional, but the rewards could be off the chart, as is his football IQ.  Many of us have all agreed that Reggie Nelson's loss was a huge impact on the defense.  Why not bring in that sort of leader?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote