Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
dalton and mccaron talk plus conspiracy theories
I've been talking alot about Dalton on Bengals sites and Facebook. I know Dalton lovers really hate me for talking about him in any way. Especially since the o line has been bad, and play calling has been looking bad. But remember when we had all the bad calls and alot of conspiracy theorist came out, including myself. There was alot of talk how the teams with the most fans usually get the calls and refs favor. Got to please the majority right? Well wouldn't it make sense if Mccaron was our qb if that theory is true? He brings all of roll tide with him. Which we know is a ton of people. I don't think Alabama even has a NFL team do they?

I'm just going to hate to see the guy go somewhere else and he wins big, and if we was still losing and we look like we let another get away. And believe me I like Dalton. But I treat my team like a business. It's about success and wins for my team. When we lose I get down and out, I get pissed too. Then the good parts of reading these Bengal sites is the jokes. All you can do is laugh about stuff to get through it. I thought dalton was great for the most part last year, I really was glad I was wrong about him. We went 8-0 and accomplished milestones during the season. BUT like I've discussed I'm kind of reverting back to not liking his game. I hate losing I'll say that. I just want to win and I don't care if it's dalton or mccaron, and I am a believer in the conspiracy stuff with the NFL. What's your thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Hell Nick saban might want to come coach here just because of mccaron.
Reply/Quote
I highly doubt that switching to McCarron would have made much of a difference, these losses have been team losses. Besides, McCarron couldn't lead the team to victory over the Broncos or Steelers last season, when the rest of the team was playing well, really well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm a confirmed Dalton doubter, but it wouldn't make any difference who was under center with the way the rest of this crew is performing.
Reply/Quote
Well I think this might go over peoples heads. It might not be immediate impact. But here's a worst case scenario I'm thinking of. We miss the playoffs this year. Bengals nation is furious. Marvin trades mccaron for a draft pick. Who knows what round. We pick our bench warmers in the draft. Next year ,another dissapoinment under marvin Lewis. While aj mccaron is having success with some team. A lot of us look at it like another screw up, except dalton lovers. We have another bad season. So basically there's two more years of dissapoinment.

Good mccaron scenario, mccaron takes over some time this season win or lose, marvin don't want to continue, he don't want to start over with a qb again and people are calling for his job. New coach comes in, maybe saban? We have all of Alabama fans behind us. So that boosts our popularity like conspiracy people talk about. We go on to win the superbowl.not only that, new coach builds team up for dynasty run for several years. Call me crazy...
Reply/Quote
You've got it all figured out.

Reply/Quote
So.....all that has to happen to win next year's Super Bowl is kick out Dalton and insert McCarron. Then hire Saban.

Got it.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 09:34 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: So.....all that has to happen to win next year's Super Bowl is kick out Dalton and insert McCarron. Then hire Saban.

Got it.

He is poking fun at the conspiracy theorists who talk about how the NFL is rigged for the larger market teams.  At least I hope that is the intention... lol
Reply/Quote
I guess this is a case of "Are you tired of seeing what Dalton has done, because what has AJ McCarron shown to prove he'll succeed in the NFL?"

It's not like he's looked like Carson Wentz in his play on our team.

Such a small sample size from AJ compared to a QB that has played many games.

In other words is Andy at his ceiling and he'll never break through? Whether it be mental or physical skill set.

AJ is what AJ is. The unknown in the NFL. A stab in the dark.

You can't judge the guy from his collegiate career. Just like any other QB coming into the league.

I suspect if AJ were to start for our team the media would temporarily gravitate to it.

Then when he staggers or flubs they'll just say he was "Bungalized" but has a hot wife.

This team has a stigma that I don't think it will shake unless they actually win a Superbowl.

That topic has been kicked around this site and the old forum.

We're not even sure if the Bengals win a championship if the world will see our team differently.

They'd probably say it was a fluke and want to see it happen again before validating. LOL

As far as conspiracy theories about NFL. The teams like Steelers are the NFL's darling so yeah they'll get some calls go their way.

I'm more apt to believe it's more about helping those teams than flat out screwing our team intentionally.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 09:43 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I guess this is a case of "Are you tired of seeing what Dalton has done, because what has AJ McCarron shown to prove he'll succeed in the NFL?"

It's not like he's looked like Carson Wentz in his play on our team.

Such a small sample size from AJ compared to a QB that has played many games.

In other words is Andy at his ceiling and he'll never break through?  Whether it be mental or physical skill set.

AJ is what AJ is.  The unknown in the NFL.  A stab in the dark.

You can't judge the guy from his collegiate career.  Just like any other QB coming into the league.

I suspect if AJ were to start for our team the media would temporarily gravitate to it.

Then when he staggers or flubs they'll just say he was "Bungalized" but has a hot wife.

This team has a stigma that I don't think it will shake unless they actually win a Superbowl.

That topic has been kicked around this site and the old forum.  

We're not even sure if the Bengals win a championship if the world will see our team differently.

They'd probably say it was a fluke and want to see it happen again before validating. LOL

As far as conspiracy theories about NFL.  The teams like Steelers are the NFL's darling so yeah they'll get some calls go their way.

I'm more apt to believe it's more about helping those teams than flat out screwing our team intentionally.

Why is a still young AD at his ceiling? I suggest you look at others like Ben, Brady and Peyton who kept getting better. Ben is much now than he was at 29 years old for example so no I see no reason why AD won't continue to get better too and has yet to reach his ceiling.

As far as the original post, I think AJ is under contract through 2017 so no need to decide anything with him yet and no I don't think starting a college QB would help our standing in the NFL and jump the Steelers (NFL obvious favorite) and others. You are giving Alabama way too much credit to impact NFL bias.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I have no idea how Andy's play in any way shape or form has people questioning his ability to be the QB for the Bengals. He gets the ever loving crap beat out of him against the Jets, rises up and wins the game. He outplays turburger in horrible climate and his line isn't permitted to hold. Drop after drop after drop in the Denver game. I don't need to cite examples because you are likely stuck in your opinion if you haven't gained an understanding of him by now.

It is kind of like all the political BS on social media...not one person ever swayed the vote of a dyed in the wool supporter of the opposite party, but they sure love to argue.

I will, however, answer your question about how to address the officiating bias that absolutely does exist: DON'T IGNORE IT. I think Marv's lack of fight in his schemes, and his handling of the horrible officiating is a part of what has contributed to this team's lack of fight. It makes sense. Why would a player continue to kill himself for a guy that lets shit go like that?

And I realize that this is not what Marvin would do, but it would take a new coach. But they need to make some noise. They need to draw attention to things. They need to let the NFL know that they will not take it laying down. Do you really think the NFL created this schedule by chance? That they would face their best competition without their best defender and their best red zone threat?

The NFL isn't just biased against smaller fan bases, it is against the teams that bring in the least amount of dollars. So, find a way to address that. Make this team more interesting. Right now, watching the scheme this offense AND defense run is about as entertaining as watching paint dry. I wrote in another thread about bringing in Jim Harbaugh. Yes, he would cost more, but wow...would the AFC North be up their in viewership. And spending on Harbaugh would show the NFL that Cincy wants to win. People may not like him, but ask Michigan...people are tuning in to watch.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have no idea how Andy's play in any way shape or form has people questioning his ability to be the QB for the Bengals.  He gets the ever loving crap beat out of him against the Jets, rises up and wins the game.  He outplays turburger in horrible climate and his line isn't permitted to hold.  Drop after drop after drop in the Denver game.  I don't need to cite examples because you are likely stuck in your opinion if you haven't gained an understanding of him by now.  

It is kind of like all the political BS on social media...not one person ever swayed the vote of a dyed in the wool supporter of the opposite party, but they sure love to argue.

I will, however, answer your question about how to address the officiating bias that absolutely does exist:  DON'T IGNORE IT.  I think Marv's lack of fight in his schemes, and his handling of the horrible officiating is a part of what has contributed to this team's lack of fight.  It makes sense.  Why would a player continue to kill himself for a guy that lets shit go like that?  

And I realize that this is not what Marvin would do, but it would take a new coach.  But they need to make some noise.  They need to draw attention to things.  They need to let the NFL know that they will not take it laying down.  Do you really think the NFL created this schedule by chance?  That they would face their best competition without their best defender and their best red zone threat?  

The NFL isn't just biased against smaller fan bases, it is against the teams that bring in the least amount of dollars. So, find a way to address that.  Make this team more interesting.  Right now, watching the scheme this offense AND defense run is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.  I wrote in another thread about bringing in Jim Harbaugh.  Yes, he would cost more, but wow...would the AFC North be up their in viewership.  And spending on Harbaugh would show the NFL that Cincy wants to win.  People may not like him, but ask Michigan...people are tuning in to watch.

You think the NFL knew that Eifert would still not be recovered from a sprained ankle suffered eight months ago?

A couple notes on Harbaugh.  No way does Mike Brown spend the money necessary to bring Jim Harbaugh here, and even if he did Harbaugh would not do it.  The guy loves the college game and is in his dream job.  Does he eventually get bored and want to do something else?  Maybe eventually, but not now.  He enjoys sparring with Saban in the press, the recruiting camps across the country, and bringing Michigan back to prominence. 
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarran is a scrub.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
All I want to know is if AJ McCarron and Nick Saban can block ?

If so get them in there quickly. If not then Dalton is the right choice.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 07:32 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I've been talking alot about Dalton on Bengals sites and Facebook.  I know Dalton lovers really hate me for talking about him in any way.   Especially since the o line has been bad, and play calling has been looking bad.  But remember when we had all the bad calls and alot of conspiracy theorist came out, including myself.  There was alot of talk how the teams with the most fans usually get the calls and refs favor.  Got to please the majority right?  Well wouldn't it make sense if Mccaron was our qb if that theory is true?  He brings all of roll tide with him. Which we know is a ton of people. I don't think Alabama even has a NFL team do they?  

I'm just going to hate to see the guy go somewhere else and he wins big, and if we was still losing and we look like we let another get away.  And believe me I like Dalton. But I treat my team like a business. It's about success and wins for my team.  When we lose I get down and out, I get pissed too. Then the good parts of reading these Bengal sites is the jokes.  All you can do is laugh about stuff to get through it.  I thought dalton was great for the most part last year, I really was glad I was wrong about him. We went 8-0 and accomplished milestones during the season.  BUT like I've discussed I'm kind of reverting back to not liking his game.  I hate losing I'll say that. I just want to win and I don't care if it's dalton or mccaron, and I am a believer in the conspiracy stuff with the NFL.  What's your thoughts?

A bunch of non-sense.

The OL Coach needs to go and the sooner the better.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 07:32 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I've been talking alot about Dalton on Bengals sites and Facebook.  I know Dalton lovers really hate me for talking about him in any way.   Especially since the o line has been bad, and play calling has been looking bad.  But remember when we had all the bad calls and alot of conspiracy theorist came out, including myself.  There was alot of talk how the teams with the most fans usually get the calls and refs favor.  Got to please the majority right?  Well wouldn't it make sense if Mccaron was our qb if that theory is true?  He brings all of roll tide with him. Which we know is a ton of people. I don't think Alabama even has a NFL team do they?  

I'm just going to hate to see the guy go somewhere else and he wins big, and if we was still losing and we look like we let another get away.  And believe me I like Dalton. But I treat my team like a business. It's about success and wins for my team.  When we lose I get down and out, I get pissed too. Then the good parts of reading these Bengal sites is the jokes.  All you can do is laugh about stuff to get through it.  I thought dalton was great for the most part last year, I really was glad I was wrong about him. We went 8-0 and accomplished milestones during the season.  BUT like I've discussed I'm kind of reverting back to not liking his game.  I hate losing I'll say that. I just want to win and I don't care if it's dalton or mccaron, and I am a believer in the conspiracy stuff with the NFL.  What's your thoughts?

McCarron will not go somewhere else and win big. He more than likely will go somewhere else, but he will not win big. 

And he won't win big here.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 09:12 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Well I think this might go over peoples heads. It might not be immediate impact.  But here's a worst case scenario I'm thinking of.  We miss the playoffs this year.  Bengals nation is furious.  Marvin trades mccaron for a draft pick. Who knows what round.  We pick our bench warmers in the draft.  Next year ,another dissapoinment under marvin Lewis. While aj mccaron is having success with some team. A lot of us look at it like another screw up, except dalton lovers. We have another bad season. So basically there's two more years of dissapoinment.

Good mccaron scenario,  mccaron takes over some time this season win or lose, marvin don't want to continue, he don't want to start over with a qb again and people are calling for his job. New coach comes in, maybe saban?  We have all of Alabama fans behind us. So that boosts our popularity like conspiracy people talk about.  We go on to win the superbowl.not only that, new coach builds team up for dynasty run for several years. Call me crazy...

You are crazy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Dalton, who traditionally has one of the quickest releases in the NFL, is barely able to perform behind this offensive line, it boggles my mind how anyone could think that McCarron would fair any better.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If Dalton, who traditionally has one of the quickest releases in the NFL, is barely able to perform behind this offensive line, it boggles my mind how anyone could think that McCarron would fair any better.

That quickest release crap means he not going thru progressions.
Reply/Quote