Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.63 Average
idea to make sure we win for years
(06-18-2023, 12:23 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: As you said, we’re better with Tee HIggins and Joe Burrow than without them. So, keep making the team better…not worse.

Mixon can be replaced, and a good chance we get better for cheaper by doing so. Same with any TE we line up. Colins didn’t work out. Jettison him without hurting the team.

Keep your best players, not trade them for someone who has done NOTHING in the NFL (like any draft pick you would get for them). That makes no sense.

It doesn’t matter. The only people who want us to trade HIggins are those teams who want a shot at getting him. Pundits want us to trade him knowing it makes us worse. Tobin has said it over and over. Higgins is staying here. HIggins has said he want so stay here. Why are we still debating this?

I don’t have any inside info except that they are certainly focused on keeping all 3. More importantly Burrow is focused on keeping all of them. Of course there is no guarantee it will happen but likely. But it will be the right direction.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
So, why would the team with the 1st pick decide to trade that pick, plus 3 other 1sts for Burrow, then have to pay him near $60 million a year?

Oh...because the 1st overall pick at qb isn't a sure thing by any stretch...and Burrow is the 2nd best qb in the league. Chances are Williams won't be.

Why would we want that risk?
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2023, 01:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im with most of this, except the LC take, that doesnt make much sense and doesnt save us hardly anything if we let him go now.

He has an injury history, which is part of the reason he parted ways with Dallas. Seems that’s carrying over to the Bengals. If you can’t stay on the field, how good you may or may not be doesn’t really matter.

Whatever $$$$ you save is better than having a player constantly in rehab. I liked the idea of signing him. I really wanted it to work out. But, save where you can without hurting the team.

I think this OL, right now, today…without LC than we were with him before.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2023, 08:22 AM)Synric Wrote: James Bettcher is already on staff which I believe is the most likely transition. Really the Bengals entire defensive staff is a great mix of old and young. I'm a big fan of Hobby and Livingston. 

Great point. I hadn't considered Bettcher. If that were the case, then it likely isn't that big of a transition. I really dig Hobby too. Livingston has done well also.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 11:07 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: He has an injury history, which is part of the reason he parted ways with Dallas.  Seems that’s carrying over to the Bengals.  If you can’t stay on the field, how good you may or may not be doesn’t really matter.

Whatever $$$$ you save is better than having a player constantly in rehab.  I liked the idea of signing him.  I really wanted it to work out.  But, save where you can without hurting the team.

I think this OL, right now, today…without LC than we were with him before.

This is such a an uninformed take and I dont understand why people still say it after all this time?

The guy had a hip injury that he decided to have surgery on in 2020, other than that he had a toe ligament in 2016. 

He did not miss time due to injuries prior to coming to the Bengals, he played every single game in 2017, 18, 19 and 12 games in 2021.

The year before coming to Cincy the man had ELITE PFF scores of 80 overall, 89.4 RBLK, 74.3 PBLK.

He played with a bad back this past year, if that isnt healed up or his knee doesnt get right then it makes sense, but not now.

After losing 2 SB chances due to the oline it would be beyond stupid to cut LC now and lose his depth potential to save a measly 4M....

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 12:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is such a an uninformed take and I dont understand why people still say it after all this time?

The guy had a hip injury that he decided to have surgery on in 2020, other than that he had a toe ligament in 2016. 

He did not miss time due to injuries prior to coming to the Bengals, he played every single game in 2017, 18, 19 and 12 games in 2021.

The year before coming to Cincy the man had ELITE PFF scores of 80 overall, 89.4 RBLK, 74.3 PBLK.

He played with a bad back this past year, if that isnt healed up or his knee doesnt get right then it makes sense, but not now.

After losing 2 SB chances due to the oline it would be beyond stupid to cut LC now and lose his depth potential to save a measly 4M....

All of this is true, but I did find it a lil odd that Dallas couldn't find a trade partner for him. I don't remember if he was vocal about wanting to move on. I know that hurts at times. Also felt like we got him at a bargain. I'm not in favor of releasing him though either. Excellent depth at the worst. Best RT on the team best case scenario.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 12:09 PM)jason Wrote: All of this is true, but I did find it a lil odd that Dallas couldn't find a trade partner for him. I don't remember if he was vocal about wanting to move on. I know that hurts at times.  Also felt like we got him at a bargain. I'm not in favor of releasing him though either. Excellent depth at the worst. Best RT on the team best case scenario.

Everyone in the world knew they were releasing him.  Why give up assets?   Same thing happened to Dalvin Cook.

Reply/Quote
Trade the entire starting lineup for cash so the Brown family can buy a private space ship and leave planet earth because if they do just that they better leave for good..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 12:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: REALLY?  You post this with a straight face?  You just said it's an uninformed take, yet you list a ton of injuries for Collins?  Toe, Hip, Knee, Back......

Who's the person who's uninformed.....

This is such a an uninformed take and I dont understand why people still say it after all this time?

Reply/Quote
Toe injury 8 years ago and hip were the only 2 issues that cost him games at the Cowboys, which was your statement.  You want to be disingenuous by adding his injury here at Cincy?  Lol, no, you are not going to move the goal posts.

In our current situation, cutting LC now to save 4M is beyond stupid.  IMHO

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 01:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Toe injury 8 years ago and hip were the only 2 issues that cost him games at the Cowboys, which was your statement.  You want to be disingenuous by adding his injury here at Cincy?  Lol, no, you are not going to move the goal posts.

I agree it makes no sense to cut him now, we are done signing FA and this do not need the money right now, and last year showed how much we need depth at OL. LC can be great depth at OT and guard (assuming Williams wins the RT job) so if he is recovering well, no reason to move on yet. Maybe he can start the year on the PUP, but that isn't so bad. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 01:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Toe injury 8 years ago and hip were the only 2 issues that cost him games at the Cowboys, which was your statement.  You want to be disingenuous by adding his injury here at Cincy?  Lol, no, you are not going to move the goal posts.

Even if Collins doesn't make it back to the starting lineup, he's still a guy who can come off of the bench and cover any of 3 spots.  I get that he is a bit pricey for a 6th or 7th OL, but having starter capable backups would gone a long way last year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We have the best QB we could possibly hope for. Burrows don’t grow on trees. Burrow, given he stays relatively healthy, IS what keeps us competitive for years

Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

I see. So only count his production and the injuries you deem appropriate to bolster your post. Count Cowboys injuries but not while he was with the Bengals. WTFE!

“JUST” to save $4M? What the heck? A few million here, a few million there, pretty soon we’re talking about some real money. A few million saved that can be used for other contracts is a good thing.

Lord please help!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 11:30 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I see.  So only count his production and the injuries you deem appropriate to bolster your post.  Count Cowboys injuries but not while he was with the Bengals.  WTFE!

“JUST” to save $4M?  What the heck?  A few million here, a few million there, pretty soon we’re talking about some real money.  A few million saved that can be used for other contracts is a good thing.

Lord please help!!!!!!

Again, YOU stated his injuries with the Cowboys, stop being disingenuous.

$4M is nothing for a guy like LC that can provide depth at G & T this season and potential cheap starter next season.  But you apparently just started watching and do not realize that line depth ruined our SB chances...?

Reply/Quote
We trade Burrow yet and set the franchise back for a decade plus?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 05:58 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Again, YOU stated his injuries with the Cowboys, stop being disingenuous.

$4M is nothing for a guy like LC that can provide depth at G & T this season and potential cheap starter next season.  But you apparently just started watching and do not realize that line depth ruined our SB chances...?

And THIS ladies and gentlemen is why people should have to pass a reading and writing comprehension test before being allowed to post in these threads.

$4M is nothing?  For a guy who's had a hard time staying on the field for us?  Mike Brown would like to have a word with you about contracts that need to be extended and how that $4M would help do that....for players much more important to the team than Collins.
Reply/Quote

People underestimate these guys when their backs are against the wall. It’s no surprise Carman is in the best shape he’s been in by far. It’s no surprise Jonah is working hard and he’s gained strength. Collins looks to be grinding as well. Even if one of these guys doesn’t start they know after last season injuries and opportunities come. Collins is fighting for his NFL life I’m not counting him out from starting at some point.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Its post-June 1st if La'el Collins is cut now he will have a dead cap of 1.66m with a savings of 7.7mil in cap space. If they cut him now they will have paid him 8.8mil total for playing in 2022.

It's actually a really solid cut if they decide to go that way. Of course he will only make 7m total in 2023 (less since 2.4mil is is a total for per game roster bonuses in 2023). So its 7ish mil for a high quality backup at Tackle and Guard late into the season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The formula to win every year is draft well. With high dollar contracts on a few players there’s no other way.

Reply/Quote