Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mail in voting
(06-24-2020, 12:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And all of that is also included in mail in voting. Scanning them etc. You don't think they keep a paper tally do you?? 

Trump: III
Biden: II

Lol 

1st if that company gets caught tampering? They could lose billions and their rep would be shot.

2nd Tech guy could tamper but see above.

3rd she's having a power trip. Get her boss involved. 

5th same with mail in

10th I agree, but polling is way more accurate than mail in.

Ps Glad your not a counter. What happened to 4th, 6th - 9th?  Sarcasm

What data is there to support this claim?
(06-24-2020, 08:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Either Trump is against mail in voting because it is going to undermine democracy and a fair election, or he is against it because it will lower his chances of winning.  Which do you think fits his personality more?  

Thinking Trump and his cronies have any regard for fairness is a hard pill for me to swallow, personally.  If Trump owned the Chicago Bears he'd be trying to convince us that the NFL having quarterbacks is unfair and that we need to eliminate the position for the good of the sport.

Also if mail in is so easy to cheat then I'd say Trump is being more subtle than usual in providing his supporters with the methods and motivation by which to stuff the box for him. The liberal cheaters are gonna do this and here is how....take notes.

Seems like Trump has no excuse to lose since he can easily rig the election in his favor with mail in ballots. If fraud was that easy it seems he would keep his mouth shut about it so he could exploit it for his own benefit instead of asking Ukraine and China for favors.
(06-24-2020, 10:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: KY had to get an injunction to keep polling places open after people spent hours standing in line waiting to vote.  (I guess they were willing to sacrifice?)

Our system, if not broken, is breaking under the weight of outside forces trying to manipulate who can vote and when.

Without that court ruling last night hundreds of voters would have been shut out of participating simply because of what time it was and the lack of options.

What if someone wants to vote today? Do they get "shut out of participating" simply because of what day it is? 

As to your "spending hours standing in line to vote" theory. I've heard it was extended because a late surging candidate filed an injunction because late minute voters got "stuck in traffic". Do you have anything to confirm your standing in line for hours claim?
https://www.nbc-2.com/story/42280861/voting-briefly-extended-in-louisville-kentucky-after-traffic-delays-cap-mostly-smooth-election-day
Quote:Booker's campaign said that in Louisville, the delay wasn't the line to vote -- but rather getting to the Expo Center.
Is it possible you were just talking out of your ass?
That late surging candidate will probably lose and do you know possibly why? Because there was too much mail in voting. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-24-2020, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What if someone wants to vote today? Do they get "shut out of participating" simply because of what day it is? 

As to your "spending hours standing in line to vote" theory. I've heard it was extended because a late surging candidate filed an injunction because late minute voters got "stuck in traffic". Do you have anything to confirm your standing in line for hours claim?

That late surging candidate will probably lose and do you know possibly why? Because there was too much mail in voting. 

Of course not.  That's not even a good argument coming from you.

You "heard" a lot but did you read anything?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2020/06/23/charles-booker-injunction-reopens-louisville-poll-site-kentucky-2020-primary/3246906001/

the shut and locked the doors on people trying to get in.  And yes, some were still trying to get there in the traffic caused by having only one place to vote.

BOTH candidates tried to get the polls to stay open but the second one was denied.

So having a limited number of polling stations (one) for that many people damanged the rights of people to get out and vote.

oh it is HILARIOUS that YOU asked for something to "confirm my claim".

"GTFO" indeed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-24-2020, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I've heard it was extended because a late surging candidate filed an injunction because late minute voters got "stuck in traffic". Do you have anything to confirm your standing in line for hours claim?

The traffic problem was not on the roads it was in the parking lot of the expo center where the voting was taking place.  It was overcrowded so people could not find a place to park.

The delay was directly related to the single voting center not being able to handle the crowd.
(06-24-2020, 12:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 10 pages in and there's still no argument against mail in voting that isn't about limiting the number of people who vote

Of course you cannot read this (not that it would matter), but I've made the argument that it hurts the late surging candidate. 

IMO Election Day should be Election Day if you can participate. The only counter I've received is Election Day is racist. 

(06-24-2020, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   

The traffic problem was not on the roads it was in the parking lot of the expo center where the voting was taking place.  It was overcrowded so people could not find a place to park.

The delay was directly related to the single voting center not being able to handle the crowd.

Sure was. How does that dispute what I said and support Dino not talking out of his ass? 

(06-24-2020, 06:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: You "heard" a lot but did you read anything?

It is apparent where Bfine "hears" his news.  You can always tell by the version of the story he accepts as "Fair and Balanced".
(06-24-2020, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is apparent where Bfine "hears" his news.  You can always tell by the version of the story he accepts as "Fair and Balanced".

bfine shared a link stating his point. Hell, Dino did too. That was some Fred Level logic. 

(06-24-2020, 06:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure was. How does that dispute what I said and support Dino not talking out of his ass? 

Mellow

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2020/06/23/charles-booker-injunction-reopens-louisville-poll-site-kentucky-2020-primary/3246906001/

Thank jebus you found where I said "standing in line" instead of waiting" to get in.  Otherwise you'd never have seen how bad things were from way up on the high horse.  
(06-24-2020, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine shared a link stating his point. Hell, Dino did too. That was some Fred Level logic. 

bfine did so after being shown he doesn't read.

"GTFO" indeed.
(06-24-2020, 06:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Thank jebus you found where I said "standing in line" instead of waiting" to get in.  Otherwise you'd never have seen how bad things were from way up on the high horse.  

You could have just admitted you were making shit up and had 0 idea what you were talking about. 

I "found" it; therefore, I disputed it.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/lexington/news/2020/06/24/lexington-primary-election

Quote:High Voter Turnout Creates Long Lines, Wait Times at Polling Places
By Brandon Roberts Kentucky
PUBLISHED 8:17 PM ET Jun. 23, 2020

LEXINGTON, Ky. – The lines were still getting longer minutes before the polls closed at Kroger Field Tuesday, June 23, as voters turned out to cast ballots in Kentucky’s Primary Election at Fayette County’s lone polling place. 

What You Need To Know

• Heavy turnout in Lexington
  • Long lines greeted voters
  • June 30 is deadline for final results
  • Some counties reporting numbers

The number of polling places was reduced across Kentucky by the state board of elections as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, which created a shortage of poll workers.  

Fayette was the No. 3 county in Kentucky for early in-person and absentee ballot turnout with 38 percent heading into Tuesday’s Primary. Turnout was so high at Kroger Field, Fayette County Clerk Don Blevins added two more check-in stations – taking the total to six – just before 1 p.m. in an attempt to move people through faster. 

Voter Karen Fields was in line for nearly two hours before casting her vote around 1 p.m. but said she didn’t mind the wait. 
“This was OK,” she said. “Aside from the little bit of rain we had earlier today, this was fine. It’s a small price to pay to be able to vote in a free election. I got to know the people I was standing in line with and we had a good time. The most difficult part was the waiting; voting was easy and I’m glad to see so many people show up to do this.”

The reduction of polling places and election workers created a push for residents to vote via absentee ballot, and more than half of the nearly 900,000 absentee ballots requested by voters statewide had been returned by Election Day, and more than 30,000 had been returned of the roughly 93,000 absentee ballots requested in Fayette County. Nearly 100,000 people in Kentucky used early in-person voting to cast
ballots and nearly 200,000 voted in-person on Election Day, according to the Secretary of State’s Office. 

“I’m alive, so I feel like I should vote at the polls on Election Day like I’m supposed to,” said voter Misha Roberts, who stood in line at Kroger Field for about 90 minutes. “Too many absentee ballots seem to get lost or aren’t counted, and that’s not good. I know that if I want my vote to count, I need to go to the polls and vote the old-fashioned way.”

The status of absentee ballots can be checked online at govoteky.com

With the high turnout and polling-place adjustments for Tuesday’s Primary, it may take longer to tally the final results. Miranda Combs, a spokesperson in Kentucky Secretary of State Michael Adams’ office, said under normal circumstances, the State Board of Elections receives and reports all preliminary election results on election night, but because Kentucky, just as other states voting during the pandemic, has accommodated voters by letting them mail ballots on Election Day, not every vote will be in hand by election night. 

“Moreover, many counties, including our two biggest (Fayette and Jefferson), have chosen to withhold even partial results until June 30, the extended deadline for all counties to report returns to the Secretary of State,” Combs said. “Consequently, while our office will provide, in an informal but transparent fashion, any county results we receive on election night, neither our office nor the State Board of Elections
will be able to offer the usual online election night reporting at elect.ky.gov.” 

Complete but unofficial results must be reported to the Secretary of State by 6 p.m. local time on June 30, and will be made available to the public at that time, Combs said.
(06-24-2020, 06:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: bfine did so after being shown he doesn't read.

"GTFO" indeed.

If you can "read" time stamps you'll see that bfine edited his post to include the link before your feeble reply. How is it that doesn't read? 

I know this one's embarrassing for you, but you just might want to move on, but I'll be entertained if you do not and doubly entertained to watch Fred try to "back" you. 

(06-24-2020, 06:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/lexington/news/2020/06/24/lexington-primary-election

I see you're now trying to suggest Louisville is in Fayette County and folks talking about waiting in line at 1 pm before they opened more locations somehow equals last minute voters being caught in......damn, I can even keep up.

(06-24-2020, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you can "read" time stamps you'll see that bfine edited his post to include the link before your feeble reply. How is it that doesn't read? 

I know this one's embarrassing for you, but you just might want to move on, but I'll be entertained if you do not and doubly entertained to watch Fred try to "back" you. 

Editing while someone is responding is a bit of bad form.  But if it makes you feel better.

You got me bfine...I said "standing in line" instead of "waiting to get in".  You got your gotcha.  People waited in cars instead of standing in line.  Whew!  

The All Male Dino Haters Club can have a good chuckle.

Meanwhile KY was still a mess, voters were disenfranchised by the lack of polling places and you care more about jokes made on the board about Trump than that.

So...yeah.  Congrats?
Wow I am so surprised. People who don't have to worry about missing two hours of work, or getting two extra hours of day care, or tying up the family transportation for 2 hours, and who don't have any medical conditions that cause pain after standing for 2 hours don't have any problem with standing in line for two hours.

It is always entertaining to hear the privileged talking about "sacrifice".
(06-24-2020, 07:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see you're now trying to suggest Louisville is in Fayette County and folks talking about waiting in line at 1 pm before they opened more locations somehow equals last minute voters being caught in......damn, I can even keep up.

You could keep up if you tried, but you don't really want to.

There is lots of evidence that people were disenfranchised by the limited voting sites in Kentucky.  Are you saying there were not?
(06-24-2020, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You could have just admitted you were making shit up and had 0 idea what you were talking about. 

I "found" it; therefore, I disputed it.

(06-24-2020, 07:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Editing while someone is responding is a bit of bad form.  But if it makes you feel better.

You got me bfine...I said "standing in line" instead of "waiting to get in".  You got your gotcha.  People waited in cars instead of standing in line.  Whew!  

The All Male Dino Haters Club can have a good chuckle.

Meanwhile KY was still a mess, voters were disenfranchised by the lack of polling places and you care more about jokes made on the board about Trump than that.

So...yeah.  Congrats?
I had zero hope. But at least Fred has your back. I hope others get the same enjoyment out of it as I do. 

So besides the sheer enjoyment we have of your posts we have this:

"Folks in poor districts are disenfranchised" 

Louisville has one centralized voting location

"Folks that have one centralized voting location are disenfranchised" 

(06-24-2020, 07:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You could keep up if you tried, but you don't really want to.

There is lots of evidence that people were disenfranchised by the limited voting sites in Kentucky.  Are you saying there were not?

I will say another thing that irks me about neo-con thinking is the notion that only unemployed losers and societal parasites with nothing better to do have the time to attend the inauguration of a president and that is why Obama had a bigger crowd that Trump BUT we have elections on Tuesdays and if you can't set aside the time to travel, stand in line, and vote you're just a crybaby who is lazy.

So what is it?  Do you want to look down on people for not working their asses off or look down on them for being so lazy and unemployed that they can attend political functions on a weekday?  

Side note, I saw a meme saying that we stand in line at the store and other places so people should be willing to stand in line to vote, so NO to mail in voting. It made me think just how long someone, republican or otherwise, could stand in line at Wal Mart before throwing an absolute fit or walking out.