Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mail in voting
Hmm 
Seems like it was a colossal failure statewide. Not just Jefferson like many tried to make it out tried to make it out as "racist". 
What's been learned from this? 
Adequate number of booths, parking. Account for traffic flow (workers and voters). 
Mail in was a failure, too many still want to get out and vote physically. Virus be damned. 
I wonder if they polled people and asked if they prefer mail in vs in person? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-24-2020, 03:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What data is there to support this claim?

Thousands of mail in ballots end up in the trash because signatures don't match what is on file. Just Google ballots in trash.

Highly unlikely for in person voting where you show ID and update your signature. And before you go all Fred on me, I'm not saying in person is 100% fool proof, but it's much better and reliable.

The gov doesn't have the man power or resources to research all of those trashed ballots and find out if they were fraud or not, so it slides through the system. 

The main ones that get caught are typically mail carriers.

But again, if you have to choose one method, and you want your vote to count. Which one would you feel more confident that your vote was handled correctly?
(06-25-2020, 05:34 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Thousands of mail in ballots end up in the trash because signatures don't match what is on file. Just Google ballots in trash.

Highly unlikely for in person voting where you show ID and update your signature. And before you go all Fred on me, I'm not saying in person is 100% fool proof, but it's much better and reliable.

The gov doesn't have the man power or resources to research all of those trashed ballots and find out if they were fraud or not, so it slides through the system. 

The main ones that get caught are typically mail carriers.

But again, if you have to choose one method, and you want your vote to count. Which one would you feel more confident that your vote was handled correctly?

In addition to absentee ballot voter fraud there are duplicate voting, impersonation at polls, false registration, altered vote counts, ineligible voting, ballot petition fraud, illegal assistance, etc.

Do you have any evidence in person voting is more accurate as you claimed?
This falls back on the "conservative" positions I see a lot:  If a system isn't fair or working we can NOT replace it unless there is a PERFECT system to put in its place.

Rather than invest in voting security and polling places and make the day a national holiday to encourage voting while enhancing mail in voting the right would rather shrug their shoulders, claim massive (unproven) fraud and say we any move would be...uh...fraud?  

It's laughable but I'm used to it.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I saw a video of people banging on the doors of one of the voting sites. They were lined up for an hour trying to park. The voting site didn't honor people who arrived prior to the polls closing (as most will) and said you had to in the building AND in line to vote before they locked the doors at 6pm...

6pm...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-25-2020, 05:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I saw a video of people banging on the doors of one of the voting sites. They were lined up for an hour trying to park. The voting site didn't honor people who arrived prior to the polls closing (as most will) and said you had to in the building AND in line to vote before they locked the doors at 6pm...

6pm...

At least their ballots weren’t thrown in the trash.
(06-25-2020, 10:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: This falls back on the "conservative" positions I see a lot:  If a system isn't fair or working we can NOT replace it unless there is a PERFECT system to put in its place.

I actually love the way that has worked out for the ACA.

11 years now and the Republicans have still not came up with a better plan.
(06-25-2020, 07:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you have any evidence in person voting is more accurate as you claimed?

C'mon, man, Trump said it was true.

What more do you need.

BTW Trump has had three years to address the problem of the MILLIONS of illegal votes in California in the 2016 election.  Anybody want to bring me up to date on what he has done to correct that problem?
(06-25-2020, 07:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon, man, Trump said it was true.

What more do you need.

BTW Trump has had three years to address the problem of the MILLIONS of illegal votes in California in the 2016 election.  Anybody want to bring me up to date on what he has done to correct that problem?

Hmm, so he's against mail in voting because of the possibility of voter fraud, yet he admits that millions of illegals votes (all for Hillary, no less) were cast via the "safe" voting method in 2016.  How do Trump fans square that one?

What more do you need.

Wasted a bunch of tax payer money double checking the results of an election he won and finding only a handful of cases of voter fraud...which were in favor of him.
(06-25-2020, 07:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In addition to absentee ballot voter fraud there are duplicate voting, impersonation at polls, false registration, altered vote counts, ineligible voting, ballot petition fraud, illegal assistance, etc.

Do you have any evidence in person voting is more accurate as you claimed?

No sadly, because again, the Fed doesn't chase down every single attempt. Due to lack of man power and resources. 

But at least we are making progress now. You ARE aware of the various types of voter fraud out there. So you agree with Trump that it does happen. 

What more do you need.

Misinformed.

I said that, not Trump (if he did then Its coincidental).

How about all of.you answer my question

If you have to choose one method, and you want your vote to count. Which one would you feel more confident that your vote was handled correctly?
(06-25-2020, 07:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, so he's against mail in voting because of the possibility of voter fraud, yet he admits that millions of illegals votes (all for Hillary, no less) were cast via the "safe" voting method in 2016.  How do Trump fans square that one?

voter fraud happens at all levels. 

There is no denying that. Even Breech agrees. 

The biggest problem is manpower needed to check that many. 

No system will ever be perfect.

Maybe next we should have retina scans before voting.
(06-25-2020, 10:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No sadly, because again, the Fed doesn't chase down every single attempt. Due to lack of man power and resources. 

But at least we are making progress now. You ARE aware of the various types of voter fraud out there. So you agree with Trump that it does happen. 

Yes, fraud does occur in limited cases, but nowhere near the numbers the serial liar has falsely claimed. I listed types and challenged you to support your claim voting in person is more accurate than absentee ballots and you failed to do so.

The only evidence you provided was absentee ballots found in the trash. Even you admit that isn’t data sufficient to support your claim.

Furthermore, all the people who tried to vote in person, but were turned away during Kentucky’s primary essentially had there ballots thrown in the trash because they weren’t counted. It’s another example of why you can’t prove in person voting is more accurate than absentee ballots.
(06-25-2020, 10:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Misinformed.

I said that, not Trump (if he did then Its coincidental).

How about all of.you answer my question

If you have to choose one method, and you want your vote to count. Which one would you feel more confident that your vote was handled correctly?

I voted by absentee ballot the entire time I was in the military. The same as Trump. Except for serving in the military because of the whole bone spurs lie, of course. So I have no qualms about my vote being counted just like Trump, Pence, Trump’s press secretary, and more and more of the WH staff as it turns out. Georgia had absentee ballots this year and if the state can ensure their security I feel just as confident as Trump to cast my ballot by mail and I like the convenience just like Trump, Pence, and members of the WH staff. Bonus: I get to vote and not have to worry about missing work.
(06-25-2020, 10:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: voter fraud happens at all levels. 

Retina scans?

I knew a SFC in the Army who didn’t want to give the Army his DNA sample because he was afraid of being cloned.

I say again: CLONED!

Good luck with retina scans.
(06-26-2020, 12:54 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Retina scans?

I knew a SFC in the Army who didn’t want to give the Army his DNA sample because he was afraid of being cloned.

I say again: CLONED!

Good luck with retina scans.

Lol was going to go with DNA sample. But to many people would object.  

Instead of Retina use Iris scanning.

Our phones are already capable of iris scanning. Its non-invasive and only takes a moment. Some countries even use it already for their citizens as a passport. Military and some Police Departments already use it as well.
(06-25-2020, 10:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: voter fraud happens at all levels. 

Or perhaps colonic mapping. 
(06-25-2020, 10:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Misinformed.

Wrong.

as usual you are the one who is misinformed.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/05/599868312/fact-check-trump-repeats-voter-fraud-claim-about-california

President Trump went off script Thursday afternoon, and notably repeated a claim about voter fraud that has repeatedly been proven false. "In many places, like California, the same person votes many times — you've probably heard about that," Trump said. "They always like to say 'oh that's a conspiracy theory' — not a conspiracy theory folks. Millions and millions of people."

It's not the first time Trump has claimed widespread fraud in California, or nationally. Just a few weeks after the 2016 election,Trump tweeted that there was "serious voter fraud in Virginia, New Hampshire and California," but his campaign declined to provide further evidence.

"Elections officials and nonpartisan observers in California said there were no widespread reports of voter fraud," Politifact's Chris Nichols wrote. "The state has some of the most stringent voter verification laws in the country. Allegations of fraud are so rare that Los Angeles County, the state's largest county, does not track them."

On Thursday, The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University  in response to Trump's remarks, "study after study has shown that voter fraud is vanishingly rare, and voter impersonation is nearly non-existent."

In January, the president dissolved the commission he set up to investigate claims of voter fraud.

Hilarious  LMAO  

"It's sad the president continues to recycle his same old lies," said California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, in a statement to NPR on Thursday. "His rants dishonor the thousands of local elections officials and volunteers, from across the political spectrum, who work hard to ensure the integrity of our elections."

So not only did he refuse to provide any basis for his big lies he also disbanded the commission that would have investigated his claims and proved he was lying.

How can people even say with a straight face that Trump cares about voter fraud after all his lies and then his refusal to address the "millions' of illegal votes in California?
(06-26-2020, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.

as usual you are the one who is misinformed.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/05/599868312/fact-check-trump-repeats-voter-fraud-claim-about-california

President Trump went off script Thursday afternoon, and notably repeated a claim about voter fraud that has repeatedly been proven false. "In many places, like California, the same person votes many times — you've probably heard about that," Trump said. "They always like to say 'oh that's a conspiracy theory' — not a conspiracy theory folks. Millions and millions of people."

It's not the first time Trump has claimed widespread fraud in California, or nationally. Just a few weeks after the 2016 election,Trump tweeted that there was "serious voter fraud in Virginia, New Hampshire and California," but his campaign declined to provide further evidence.

"Elections officials and nonpartisan observers in California said there were no widespread reports of voter fraud," Politifact's Chris Nichols wrote. "The state has some of the most stringent voter verification laws in the country. Allegations of fraud are so rare that Los Angeles County, the state's largest county, does not track them."

On Thursday, The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University  in response to Trump's remarks, "study after study has shown that voter fraud is vanishingly rare, and voter impersonation is nearly non-existent."

In January, the president dissolved the commission he set up to investigate claims of voter fraud.

Hilarious  LMAO  

"It's sad the president continues to recycle his same old lies," said California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, in a statement to NPR on Thursday. "His rants dishonor the thousands of local elections officials and volunteers, from across the political spectrum, who work hard to ensure the integrity of our elections."

So not only did he refuse to provide any basis for his big lies he also disbanded the commission that would have investigated his claims and proved he was lying.

How can people even say with a straight face that Trump cares about voter fraud after all his lies and then his refusal to address the "millions' of illegal votes in California?

So you are saying there is no such thing as voter fraud? Breech doesn't agree with you. He has already pointed out the various types that occur, while I pointed out the fed doesn't have the manpower/resources to properly research it in depth. The only thing we can disagree on it is about the quantity. Trump is likely over estimating it, and you are underestimating it. Both of you are serving your own agendas. 

How we would all love to live in your perfect world where you vilify financially successful black men and try to rope them into black athlete stereotypes by having multiple kids by multiple women and dont pay child support. That sounds racist if you ask me. And honestly, it's really none of your business, yet you want others to mind their own business when it comes to gay people. 

Great way of leading by example.