Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
marvin is worse then I even thought he needs to go asap
(11-02-2016, 02:28 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: How would it then

We'd need to remove this sites language filters to accurately describe that interaction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: We'd need to remove this sites language filters to accurately describe that interaction.

LMAO ......for realz.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Let's separate these things into 2 components:

1. I don't disagree with Marvin's assessment that college rules are silly for OT as compared to full field football in the pros. But they come with a downside...ties.

2. Marvin is not the motivator this team needs moving forward. He said truth, but he leads a football team....and you can't tell them you're essentially ok with a tie game. I disagree other the assessment that being a motivator is not part of an NFL coach's needed skillset, though I concede the players need a little bit more self determination than amateur athletes.

Bottom line: Marvin's tenure is worn out. Who dey!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe Marvin and the Bengals organization care more about the well-being of their employees than the end result.
A lot of us wish more companies would be that way, but it seems that's never the case for sports.

Pretty much this. I took his statement to be more about concerns of player safety than being content with ties. People are taking him out of context here. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you can be unfair.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 03:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Pretty much this. I took his statement to be more about concerns of player safety than being content with ties. People are taking him out of context here. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you can be unfair.

It's the mentality you set....or don't set.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 11:55 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 30 OTHER teams. We are the 31st, and Pats are the lone team that have him. Come on man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 NFL teams total - One NFL team with Belichic = 31 teams without Belichic :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  Why can't we have a bill bellicheck?  

(11-02-2016, 09:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same reason 30 other teams can't have a Belichick.

Next?

(11-02-2016, 07:18 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: 32 NFL teams total - One NFL team with Belichic = 31 teams without Belichic :andy:

Right, but Fred was referring to the other 30 teams, apart from the Bengals, that also cannot have Belichick.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you like Marvin Lewis and would you like to see him stay on as head coach next year? 

NO and Hell NO!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 07:38 PM)Derrick Wrote: NO and Hell NO!

Whhhhy Fred and befine does
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 02:48 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Whhhhy Fred and befine does

Can't speak for Fred, but I would not be upset if Marvin was replaced tomorrow. It's just unlike many; I'm not constantly whining for it to happen. Especially given our level of success over the last few years. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 07:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Right, but Fred was referring to the other 30 teams, apart from the Bengals, that also cannot have Belichick.

As a practicing attorney with mastery of the English language, I expect Fred to properly convey his ideas to us.

I once had loftier hopes for Geoff Hobson since he makes his living as a sports writer. ( but only a hack imo )
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:05 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I agree taking what Marv says at a presser as just coach-speak, mundane bullshit.  Unfortunately, he also coaches with the same type of indifference and aloofness. 

Frustrating isn't it?

And you know this how?  Are you in the meetings and locker room?  He can't be that bad if he got this team to the playoffs all those years in a row.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think that the team is not responding to him AND his staff this year.  I do think it's his last year unless he makes the playoffs - and that doesn't look very good at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:20 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote:
And you know this how?  
Are you in the meetings and locker room?  He can't be that bad if he got this team to the playoffs all those years in a row.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think that the team is not responding to him AND his staff this year.  I do think it's his last year unless he makes the playoffs - and that doesn't look very good at this point.

Because I have eyes.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Did you guys read what he said about ties?  The words actually came out of his mouth he don't mind a tie,and if there was another quarter to be played, he wouldn't want them to play it. His guys already took enough snaps.  That right there shows he doesn't care. He doesn't have desire to win whatever it takes.  Just like he doesn't care if Mike nugent misses. He doesn't care if Cedric isn't even NFL caliber. Yes a former Bengals linebacker on a podcast even said, ced doesn't even look NFL caliber. Who cares if Andy is getting sacked, and we actually move the ball better with Winston at guard.  It's time to stop being so passionate about my team I love. It's being ran by a guy who is clueless and doesn't have the desire to win!!! Why can't we have a bill bellicheck?  We aren't winning with marvin guys. No way.

(11-02-2016, 09:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same reason 30 other teams can't have a Belichick.

Next?

(11-02-2016, 07:18 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: 32 NFL teams total - One NFL team with Belichic = 31 teams without Belichic :andy:

bengalsturntup926 said A Bill Belichick, not the THE Bill Belichick.

There's no reason the Bengals couldn't create the same sort of environment NE has. Granted it would be a copy of sorts, not the original.

If it were so easy 32 teams would be doing it.

My God, I'm sounding like Fred getting into the semantics of people's quotes. LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:52 AM)BengalChris Wrote: My God, I'm sounding like Fred getting into the semantics of people's quotes. LOL

Careful.....you're embarking on a slippery slope....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Did you guys read what he said about ties?  The words actually came out of his mouth he don't mind a tie,and if there was another quarter to be played, he wouldn't want them to play it. His guys already took enough snaps.  That right there shows he doesn't care. He doesn't have desire to win whatever it takes.  Just like he doesn't care if Mike nugent misses. He doesn't care if Cedric isn't even NFL caliber. Yes a former Bengals linebacker on a podcast even said, ced doesn't even look NFL caliber. Who cares if Andy is getting sacked, and we actually move the ball better with Winston at guard.  It's time to stop being so passionate about my team I love. It's being ran by a guy who is clueless and doesn't have the desire to win!!! Why can't we have a bill bellicheck?  We aren't winning with marvin guys. No way.

Have to reluctantly agree with you and give you rep.

Marvin Lewis needs to be fired. We need a new HC, we need a guy who wants to win the SB badly.

We need a coach that inspires the players, this guy does not do that.

All he has done lately is just frustrate the hell out of me and what you says here is over the top to me.

I know he can build a very talented team but in the end there is much more to being an NFL coach then that.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't speak for Fred, but I would not be upset if Marvin was replaced tomorrow. It's just unlike many; I'm not constantly whining for it to happen. Especially given our level of success over the last few years. 

Personally, i have never called for Marv to be fired until right now.

Atleast i never whined about it. I might start though.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:52 AM)BengalChris Wrote: bengalsturntup926 said A Bill Belichick, not the THE Bill Belichick.

There's no reason the Bengals couldn't create the same sort of environment NE has. Granted it would be a copy of sorts, not the original.

If it were so easy 32 teams would be doing it.

My God, I'm sounding like Fred getting into the semantics of people's quotes. LOL

Thank you for noticing, I don't care if the coach is low key not in your face just be smarter. Bill and marvin are night and day man. Marvin might think he's like bill, but he's far from it. Bill has a system that works, hes loyal to 1 or two guys, but them guys are hall of famers. Nobody is untouchable on the pats. Bill doesn't say dumb stuff week after week. He might think everyone is dumb asking questions, but he don't say dumb stuff. I really think marvin has some type of dimensha
Reply/Quote
I also made a post a few weeks ago. I seen a pic with Nick saban side by side with bill recently. I think Nick saban might be able to kind of be like bill. I'd love to get that hire. People will say well he failed before. Well so did Pete Carroll and look at him. I think he would actually work a deal with brown for one reason, we got mccaron and Kirkpatrick. But dalton lovers would have a fit.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't speak for Fred, but I would not be upset if Marvin was replaced tomorrow. It's just unlike many; I'm not constantly whining for it to happen. Especially given our level of success over the last few years. 

Well what you call success, I don't, we play one extra week to always get humiliated.whoopty do.I'd rather know we suck and have a top draft pcks and hope for a coaching change then false hope. Everyone will bring up Cleveland. But they just make the stupidist draft choices and coaching hires there is. 
Reply/Quote