Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
marvin is worse then I even thought he needs to go asap
(11-02-2016, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Did you guys read what he said about ties?  The words actually came out of his mouth he don't mind a tie,and if there was another quarter to be played, he wouldn't want them to play it. His guys already took enough snaps.  That right there shows he doesn't care. He doesn't have desire to win whatever it takes.  Just like he doesn't care if Mike nugent misses. He doesn't care if Cedric isn't even NFL caliber. Yes a former Bengals linebacker on a podcast even said, ced doesn't even look NFL caliber. Who cares if Andy is getting sacked, and we actually move the ball better with Winston at guard.  It's time to stop being so passionate about my team I love. It's being ran by a guy who is clueless and doesn't have the desire to win!!! Why can't we have a bill bellicheck?  We aren't winning with marvin guys. No way.

Ties are better than losses... it happens. not often but if we don't wanna tie our defense shouldn't let kirk cousin look like tom brady.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ties are better than losses... it happens. not often but if we don't wanna tie our defense shouldn't let kirk cousin look like tom brady.

You people don't get it. It's the mindset I'm talking about. Season on the line if they asked marvin if he wanted another 5 minutes overtime he would say no, my guys played enough, and call it a season. Losers mindset. Doesn't bother him to lose. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:38 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You people don't get it. It's the mindset I'm talking about. Season on the line if they asked marvin if he wanted another 5 minutes overtime he would say no, my guys played enough, and call it a season. Losers mindset. Doesn't bother him to lose. 

I get it. Marv needs to go.

This will not improve the team.

It is a gamble with a new HC as always but we know what we have with this guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:38 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You people don't get it. It's the mindset I'm talking about. Season on the line if they asked marvin if he wanted another 5 minutes overtime he would say no, my guys played enough, and call it a season. Losers mindset. Doesn't bother even always  him to lose. 

ML has his share of blame but IMO MB is pulling strings that negatively effect the team. He's an offensive minded owner who needs to check the history of winning SB teams and then maybe he'll buy into the idea that championships are won with defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:38 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You people don't get it. It's the mindset I'm talking about. Season on the line if they asked marvin if he wanted another 5 minutes overtime he would say no, my guys played enough, and call it a season. Losers mindset. Doesn't bother him to lose. 

No, you don't get it.

Changing the rules of overtime might help the Bengal win or it might help them lose.  You can't say anything abouyt Marvin's "mindset" by the comments he made about overtyime rules.

If tds counted for 7 points instead of 6 then we would have won the game, but if Marvin says he does not want to change the rules about how many points tds are worht that does not mean he likes tie games more than victories.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you like Marvin Lewis and would you like to see him stay on as head coach next year? 

If we turn it ariound and make the playoffs then I guess he should stay.

If we miss the playoffs then he should go.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 06:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No, you don't get it.

Changing the rules of overtime might help the Bengal win or it might help them lose.  You can't say anything abouyt Marvin's 
 "mindset" by the comments he made about overtyime rules.

If tds counted for 7 points instead of 6 then we would have won the game, but if Marvin says he does not want to change the rules about how many points tds are worht that does not mean he likes tie games more than victories.

I don't pay attention to you, your just happy to be a fan, win or lose,you'll defend everything they do. If marvin was fired tomorrow you would say it was the right thing to do. Till then you'll disagree on everything about marvin. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 08:55 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I don't pay attention to you, your just happy to be a fan, win or lose,you'll defend everything they do. If marvin was fired tomorrow you would say it was the right thing to do. Till then you'll disagree on everything about marvin. 

So you are saying that Marvin has been so much more successful than an overwhelming majority of other NFL coaches over the last few years despite not even caring if he wins or loses?

Do realize what a genius it would take to accomplish something like that?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 09:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are saying that Marvin has been so much more successful than an overwhelming majority of other NFL coaches over the last few years despite not even caring if he wins or loses?

I think he must have gotten worse, and he leans on his coordinators who also want to win. But what he just said is not a winners mentality. Season on the line, and you have a chance at keep playing or take the tie, you go ahead and take the tie, and call it a season.see ya next year folks to do it all again my job is safe anyway. That's what he treats his job like, just go to the next play, the next week the next year, the next decade cause he has all the time in the woworld here, there is no passion from marvin, he takes losing as a grain of salt, he will even say see ya draft time.there is nobody held accountable ever.if that guy sucks he just has to keep playing through it says marvin
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 05:20 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: ML has his share of blame but IMO MB is pulling strings that negatively effect the team. He's an offensive minded owner who needs to check the history of winning SB teams and then maybe he'll buy into the idea that championships are won with defense.

.....and good lines on both sides.  You gotta win the trenches.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 09:34 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  Season on the line, and you have a chance at keep playing or take the tie, you go ahead and take the tie, and call it a season.see ya next year folks

The season was not on the line.
Reply/Quote

This is just silly. What good would it do if Marvin said "Yeah, I wanted to keep playing, run the players into the ground until a mid-season inter-conference game is settled"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 09:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are saying that Marvin has been so much more successful than an overwhelming majority of other NFL coaches over the last few years despite not even caring if he wins or loses?

Mavin has been carried by his coordinators. Without Zimmer/Gruden/Hue he wouldn't even have a career record over .500
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 01:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Mavin has been carried by his coordinators. Without Zimmer/Gruden/Hue he wouldn't even have a career record over .500

Agreed....even posted as much in another thread earlier this week.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 01:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Mavin has been carried by his coordinators. Without Zimmer/Gruden/Hue he wouldn't even have a career record over .500

Zimmer was a DC for 8 years before hecame to Cincinnati and only had one top 10 scoring defense and 3 winning seasons.  In just six years with the Bengals he had 4 top 10 scoring defenses and 4 playoff appearances.

In Hue's 3 seasons as an OC before coming to the Bengals he had zero winning seasons and only one year in the top half of the league in scoring offense.  Both seasons he was with the Bengals he made the playoffs and finished in the top half of the league in scoring.

Nether of them would be head coaches right now if they had not worked under Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we turn it ariound and make the playoffs then I guess he should stay.

If we miss the playoffs then he should go.

I can agree with this. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 08:55 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I don't pay attention to you, your just happy to be a fan, win or lose,you'll defend everything they do. If marvin was fired tomorrow you would say it was the right thing to do. Till then you'll disagree on everything about marvin. 

It seems like you can never just be satisfied with something unless it's "the best"." Does this mentality exist in all aspects of your life, or just with the Bengals (or sports in general)?

I ask because many people seem to view sports as "Nothing is good enough unless we're the champions!", yet they don't exhibit that same drive and passion about other aspects of their lives.

And for the ones that do exhibit that mentality across everything in life, they usually are the ones who are very annoying to be around Tongue
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It seems like you can never just be satisfied with something unless it's "the best"." Does this mentality exist in all aspects of your life, or just with the Bengals (or sports in general)?

I ask because many people seem to view sports as "Nothing is good enough unless we're the champions!", yet they don't exhibit that same drive and passion about other aspects of their lives.

And for the ones that do exhibit that mentality across everything in life, they usually are the ones who are very annoying to be around Tongue

Lol you guys are something else on here,just happy to be a fan and just happy to make the playoffs, you shame people who want and expect more. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 02:56 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol you guys are something else on here,just happy to be a fan and just happy to make the playoffs, you shame people who want and expect more. 

You are assuming I too am "just happy to make the playoffs". I'm not, but I'm not going to whine and complain if what I want doesn't actually happen. I'll just do something else for entertainment. Watching NFL isn't life.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

This sounds made up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote