Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
news from OTAs
Watching Burrow running, rolling out, putting good torque on the knee...awesome to see at this point in the rehab process.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 02:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's hard to think clearly in the mists of time, but I recall Palmer being a respectable leader and calm field general while the Steelers had that dastardly and troublesome jerkass fatso who disliked laws of consent.  

It is all a game of "perception".

I remember one time Carson was barking at Ocho during a game.  Instead of fans saying he was a "fiery leader" they started talking about "dissention in the locker room".
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Looks like he missed the target.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

hard to tell but was that about a 60 yarder?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 04:32 PM)kalibengal Wrote: hard to tell but was that about a 60 yarder?

55 yards I would guess missed the cooler by about a foot or so
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 03:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Watching Burrow running, rolling out, putting good torque on the knee...awesome to see at this point in the rehab process.

Cannot believe he is moving that good after that injury, just crazy. Shocked

Great to see. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 04:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: 55 yards I would guess missed the cooler by about a foot or so

Cooler's fault for not getting more separation.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 04:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: 55 yards I would guess missed the cooler by about a foot or so

Noodle arm, he under threw the cooler! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2021, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looks like he missed the target.

He's just adjusting to the knee brace.  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know if anyone's posted it yet, but I found this interview with CJ to be very entertaining. Great sense of humor. I about lost it when he said Burrow would ask him where he's going and if he's going to get any more dumb tattoos. Rehab can be fun I guess if you're with the right people.... Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2021, 02:47 PM)Stewy Wrote: Replying to ^^^

How quickly we forget that in 2011 no member of these forums predicted we would win more than 7 games, and those were the outliers.  Most fans of these boards had us winning 2-4 games, and then entire world of pundits had us at 4 wins or less AND the worst team in the league.

People either forget or have selective memory.  I wonder which it is.

I was in the 2-4 wins camp for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 12:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was in the 2-4 wins camp for sure.

I also thought 2011 was going to be rough.  Why this latest reboot is taking so much longer than the instant reboot of 2011, I can't say. 

In all fairness we only beat what, 1 team with a winning record in 2011?  Maybe 2, I used to know this. Being good 2012-2015 kept it from being a fluke, obviously.  Still, the 2011 team against that 2010 schedule would have been ugly. 

Anyways, I'm sure im not alone when i admit I've predicted bad and things went good and predicted good and things went bad. 
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I also thought 2011 was going to be rough.  Why this latest reboot is taking so much longer than the instant reboot of 2011, I can't say. 

In all fairness we only beat what, 1 team with a winning record in 2011?  Maybe 2, I used to know this. Being good 2012-2015 kept it from being a fluke, obviously.  Still, the 2011 team against that 2010 schedule would have been ugly. 

Anyways, I'm sure im not alone when i admit I've predicted bad and things went good and predicted good and things went bad. 

Absolutely. They had the benefit of an easy schedule, and the rest of the league had to deal with the strike as well. In hindsight, keeping Marvin after 2010 was probably a good move also (one I was not happy with at the time). He provided continuity and keeping a lot of systems, the culture, etc in place most likely provided an advantage over teams coming in with new staffs. 

So, that reboot was more personnel than anything, although we did add Gruden during that off-season. With this one, you're completely changing philosophy, systems, etc, AND replacing personnel due to that. I say year 3 is sink or swim. We're not going to have a cake walk schedule like 2011, but they need to be at 500 minimum.

Reply/Quote
We also still had the foundations of a decent defense in 2011. And some ability to run the ball.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 01:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely. They had the benefit of an easy schedule, and the rest of the league had to deal with the strike as well. In hindsight, keeping Marvin after 2010 was probably a good move also (one I was not happy with at the time). He provided continuity and keeping a lot of systems, the culture, etc in place most likely provided an advantage over teams coming in with new staffs. 

So, that reboot was more personnel than anything, although we did add Gruden during that off-season. With this one, you're completely changing philosophy, systems, etc, AND replacing personnel due to that. I say year 3 is sink or swim. We're not going to have a cake walk schedule like 2011, but they need to be at 500 minimum.

The narrative of 2010 changed a good bit even before the season ended.  You had Chad and TO sitting out the last 2 games and Palmer looking pretty happy and productive with Jerome Simpson and the other young WRs, we had a big win over San Diego and an encouraging loss against the Ravens.  Benson's fumbling was likely to go out the door with him and then Marvin said he wouldn't come back so it was looking like Carson minus the "diva WRs" and a new RB room and a fresh start with a new HC.

Then stuff changed again and so on and so forth.  At the end of the day both the 2010 and 2011 teams beat two winning teams.  2011 was a pretty lucky year and 2010 was a pretty unlucky year when looked at as a snapshot.  

At any rate, I still want ZT to make the expanded playoffs this year or win 10+ games if he's going to miss it.  No more excuses, either he gets it done or we can dangle Burrow, Chase, and the other young "dying to win and want to be here" players in front of a slew of legit coaches. This roster is a Ferrari and I'm sick of seeing the keys get handed to a guy who crashes constantly.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 01:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: We also still had the foundations of a decent defense in 2011. And some ability to run the ball.

Truth

(06-02-2021, 02:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The narrative of 2010 changed a good bit even before the season ended.  You had Chad and TO sitting out the last 2 games and Palmer looking pretty happy and productive with Jerome Simpson and the other young WRs, we had a big win over San Diego and an encouraging loss against the Ravens.  Benson's fumbling was likely to go out the door with him and then Marvin said he wouldn't come back so it was looking like Carson minus the "diva WRs" and a new RB room and a fresh start with a new HC.

Then stuff changed again and so on and so forth.  At the end of the day both the 2010 and 2011 teams beat two winning teams.  2011 was a pretty lucky year and 2010 was a pretty unlucky year when looked at as a snapshot.  

At any rate, I still want ZT to make the expanded playoffs this year or win 10+ games if he's going to miss it.  No more excuses, either he gets it done or we can dangle Burrow, Chase, and the other young "dying to win and want to be here" players in front of a slew of legit coaches.  This roster is a Ferrari and I'm sick of seeing the keys get handed to a guy who crashes constantly.

Yeah buddy....agree with all of that. I think the LOS on both sides of the ball should at least be competent this season, with room to improve from there. To me, with the skill players they have, this should be enough to get to .500 (9-7/7-9) If the lines can play better than expected, this team should be above break even unless the coaching absolutely shits the bed. In that case, you move on, and like you allude to, there's enough talent to intrigue some coaches I would think. Unless.....the Mike Brown factor still plays a role.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 01:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: We also still had the foundations of a decent defense in 2011. And some ability to run the ball.

And a very good oline.

On paper, we were arguably the best team going into 2010; we further-solidified the oline, added two pass rushers that are the best in Bengal history, at their respective positions, made TE a strength with Gresh, bolstered the WR room and returned a secondary that was BEYOND lights out, in 2009.

We were the best team on paper, going into 2010, I can't see it any other way.

Then they played the games...

… but 2011 returned basically everyone and continuity was established where players were either new or raw (LB, DL, etc.), so the team wasn't as far off as we thought.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if anyone's posted it yet, but I found this interview with CJ to be very entertaining. Great sense of humor. I about lost it when he said Burrow would ask him where he's going and if he's going to get any more dumb tattoos. Rehab can be fun I guess if you're with the right people.... Hilarious

Good watch..I like that he said Riley has taken control of the oline room. 

I always said he and JB will be on the same sheet because they spent so much time together in the rehab room. JB always brought up CJ when asked about rehab. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if anyone's posted it yet, but I found this interview with CJ to be very entertaining. Great sense of humor. I about lost it when he said Burrow would ask him where he's going and if he's going to get any more dumb tattoos. Rehab can be fun I guess if you're with the right people.... Hilarious

Just watched, funny guy ole CJ. Very likeable fella and I have never saw this from him before. I could see Uzo having a huge
year with the addition of Chase to open up the middle of the field. Loved what he said about Joe and him and the Offense as a
whole just going to be so much more improved. Talking about Riley running the OL room was awesome as well.

The drinking part at the end was hilarious. Hilarious
Reply/Quote