Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no hijab = 14 yr old violently dragged out of school by her hair
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3338058/University-Missouri-Assistant-Professor-charged-violently-grabbing-14-year-old-relative-hair-dragging-school-not-wearing-hijab.html

Parenting 101 brought to you by Islam

Quote:A former assistant professor at an American university has been arrested for allegedly grabbing a 14-year-old female relative by the hair and dragging her into a car after he noticed she wasn't wearing a hijab.

Youssif Z. Omar, 53, was reportedly at Hickman High School in Columbia, Missouri, on Tuesday when he spotted that the girl did not have the traditional Muslim headscarf.

Officer Latisha Stroer told the Columbia Tribune in an email that Omar grabbed the girl 'very violently by the hair'.

He then allegedly slapped her across the face, and pulled her by the hair down and flight of stairs and into his car.

The next day, Omar was arrested on suspicion of child abuse while he was at his home on the 1700 block of Timber Creek Drive.

Omar's LinkedIn page lists him as being an assistant professor at the University of Missouri, Columbia and manager of Artifacts Journal at the University bookstore.

The school says he was a graduate student with an assistantship, and that the job ended in July.

His Facebook page says he's married and originally from Benghazi, Libya. His LinkedIn profile says he was the head of the English department at the University of Benghazi Wahat Branch from 2003-2007.

He was released from the Boone County Jail after posting a $4,500 bond.
(12-02-2015, 12:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3338058/University-Missouri-Assistant-Professor-charged-violently-grabbing-14-year-old-relative-hair-dragging-school-not-wearing-hijab.html

Like people need a religion to become bad parents....

http://www.wtae.com/news/girl-in-garbage-bag-johnstown/36754792

Quote:JOHNSTOWN, Pa. —A Pennsylvania couple has been charged with duct-taping a 4-year-old girl's hands and stuffing her in a garbage bag as punishment for soiling herself.

Johnstown police say the girl was then left in the bag in a dark, unheated basement.

Authorities say the punishment happened Nov. 16 and was discovered when the girl was taken to a hospital with liver trauma and other injuries two days later.

Thirty-four-year-old Khristopher Newman and 31-year-old Crystal Jedrzejek are charged with child endangerment, corruption of minors and disorderly conduct. Newman is also charged with aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

Online court records don't list attorneys for Newman, who remains jailed, and Jedrzejek, who was freed on $5,000 bond. A home number for Jedrzejek couldn't be located.

Both face a preliminary hearing Dec. 10.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-02-2015, 01:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like people need a religion to become bad parents....

http://www.wtae.com/news/girl-in-garbage-bag-johnstown/36754792

Bad parenting is not what this thread is about. Please stay on topic and discuss how the Muslim religion infuences society in a negative way. Or else start a seperate thread about bad parenting. Thank you in advance.

See how it works?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2015, 12:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3338058/University-Missouri-Assistant-Professor-charged-violently-grabbing-14-year-old-relative-hair-dragging-school-not-wearing-hijab.html

Mellow

(12-02-2015, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bad parenting is not what this thread is about. Please stay on topic and discuss how the Muslim religion infuences society in a negative way. Or else start a seperate thread about bad parenting. Thank you in advance.

See how it works?

Hilarious

I wonder how long you sat there just WAITING to try and call me out?

Only to fail.

Tsk. Tsk.
Bravo to the authorities for investigating.
Many would turn a blind eye to the situation, as they are not willing to get into any issues concerning religion.
I think beating kids is pretty unnecessary and counter-productive, regardless of the motivation...but when I bring that up I'm some sort of soft liberal wimp who wants to let teenagers run amok. It's nice to see the more conservative side of the spectrum can see how slapping minors is unsettling now that a Muslim is doing it for stupid Muslim-ish reasons.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go see how many people proudly posted "My parents did need ELF ON THE SHELF to make me behave, they used BELT ON THE SHELF!" memes on Facebook today.
(12-02-2015, 02:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Hilarious

I wonder how long you sat there just WAITING to try and call me out?  

Only to fail.

Tsk.  Tsk.
Now make big the  religion the parenting brought to you by?

I suppose we will have to wait for Lucie to tell us what we can and cannot discuss. Because that's the way it works right?  

Or I suppose we could just be hypocritical.

Notice both Republicans and Conservatives mentioned in this thread (hell even in the title):

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-George-Carlin-on-Republican-attitudes-towards-women-decades-ago

(12-02-2015, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now make big the  religion the parenting brought to you by?

I suppose we will have to wait for Lucie to tell us what we can and cannot discuss. Because that's the way it works right?  

Or I suppose we could just be hypocritical.

But enough about me.

Psst.

I mentioned religion too.

You know, the two things Lucy talked about.

I must have really hurt your feelings in that other thread.  I should probably apologize.

Probably.
(12-02-2015, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think beating kids is pretty unnecessary and counter-productive, regardless of the motivation...but when I bring that up I'm some sort of soft liberal wimp who wants to let teenagers run amok.  It's nice to see the more conservative side of the spectrum can see how slapping minors is unsettling now that a Muslim is doing it for stupid Muslim-ish reasons.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go see how many people proudly posted "My parents did need ELF ON THE SHELF to make me behave, they used BELT ON THE SHELF!" memes on Facebook today.

Are you comparing this to....spanking? 
(12-02-2015, 02:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: But enough about me.

Psst.

I mentioned religion too.

You know, the two things Lucy talked about.

I must have really hurt your feelings in that other thread.  I should probably apologize.

Probably.

Folks can read.

You "mentioned" religion to say it was not required to discuss an OP concerning religion.

It's OK to be a hypocrite, just don't try to make excuses when you are identified as such.

(12-02-2015, 02:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Are you comparing this to....spanking? 

Call my a cynic, but I think the outrage here is more about the guy's religion than what he did.  It's the fundamental attribution error run amok.

Christian abuses kid = bad person, or maybe the kid had it coming
Muslim abuses kid = Islam promotes this, bad religion, dangerous society
(12-02-2015, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks can read.

You "mentioned" religion to say it was not required to discuss an OP concerning religion.

But enough about me.

(12-02-2015, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's OK to be a hypocrite, just don't try to make excuses when you are identified as such.

And enough about you.

Rock On
(12-02-2015, 02:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Call my a cynic, but I think the outrage here is more about the guy's religion than what he did.  It's the fundamental attribution error run amok.

Dragging a kid out of school by her hair because she isn't wearing a religious article of clothing. = Bad

Find me the story on the christian dragging a
Child out by her hair from school for not wearing a cross around her neck.

This is exactly why I saw assimilation is key for immigrants. We don't live this way in our western society. What this man did was criminal.
(12-02-2015, 02:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Call my a cynic, but I think the outrage here is more about the guy's religion than what he did.  It's the fundamental attribution error run amok.

Well, the difference is this guy is doing this solely because he's Muslim and she wasn't wearing the hijab. 
If a Christian man did this to a child they saw sinning in school, people would probably hate it just as much. 
If a Muslim man were seen spanking his child who was acting like a brat, no one probably flinches more than anyone else doing it.

Go into a school, grab a child by the hair, slap them across the face and drag them out? Yeah I think that is a little above and beyond a spanking. 
Ehh, fine. Muslims are crazy. We gotta stop 'em. Have it your way.

Later, biotches.
(12-02-2015, 02:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well, the difference is this guy is doing this solely because he's Muslim and she wasn't wearing the hijab. 
If a Christian man did this to a child they saw sinning in school, people would probably hate it just as much. 
If a Muslim man were seen spanking his child who was acting like a brat, no one probably flinches more than anyone else doing it.

Go into a school, grab a child by the hair, slap them across the face and drag them out? Yeah I think that is a little above and beyond a spanking. 

Well you have to be a security guard to get away with that.   Ninja

(PS: Larry I know that was off topic...but it was a joke.  A call back to another thread.  Just in case you want to "catch me" again.)
Wait, I'm back with some light reading.

Son beaten to death because he wanted to leave church: police
http://nypost.com/2015/10/16/son-beaten-to-death-because-he-wanted-to-leave-the-church/

Parents of teen beaten to death at New York church in court
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/16/parents-boy-fatally-beaten-at-new-york-church-in-court/

[Same story as above] Couple beat son to death so he would confess 'sins,' cops say
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/14/police-say-couple-beat-son-to-death-in-new-york-church/

Christian Parents’ Violent Reaction to Son Coming Out Caught on Camera (this guy is 19, so I guess he was old enough to buy a gun and shoot his family for assaulting him, I guess)
http://www.mediaite.com/online/christian-parents-violent-reaction-to-son-coming-out-caught-on-camera/

I'm sure there are more, but my internet is being a pain. Just type "parents beat son for being gay" into google and you'll see plenty o' people beating their family in the name of the lawd.
(12-02-2015, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, I'm back with some light reading.

Son beaten to death because he wanted to leave church: police
http://nypost.com/2015/10/16/son-beaten-to-death-because-he-wanted-to-leave-the-church/

Parents of teen beaten to death at New York church in court
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/16/parents-boy-fatally-beaten-at-new-york-church-in-court/

[Same story as above] Couple beat son to death so he would confess 'sins,' cops say
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/14/police-say-couple-beat-son-to-death-in-new-york-church/

Christian Parents’ Violent Reaction to Son Coming Out Caught on Camera (this guy is 19, so I guess he was old enough to buy a gun and shoot his family for assaulting him, I guess)
http://www.mediaite.com/online/christian-parents-violent-reaction-to-son-coming-out-caught-on-camera/

I'm sure there are more, but my internet is being a pain.  Just type "parents beat son for being gay" into google and you'll see plenty o' people beating their family in the name of the lawd.

What does any of this have to do with your assertion that the actions in the OP are equivilent to spanking your child?

(12-02-2015, 02:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What does any of this have to do with your assertion that the actions in the OP are equivilent to spanking your child?

I didn't say "This is the same as spanking" I was saying that I find it interesting how people like to draw lines in the sand between "necessary spanking" and "forcefully asserting your will through abuse."  So I can't say I asserted that, at all.

I just find it interesting that conservatives promote and glorify a certain amount of hitting minors, but they are the first ones to pitch a fit when it crosses their imaginary line.
There are assholes of every faith, color, ethnicity, name, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, whatever demographic criteria you'd like to use. These people will use anything to be assholes. They need no particular motivation and will latch onto whatever one is available. The same is true for so many adjectives that can be put on people.

If everyone would take this to heart then we could maybe rid ourselves of the prejudices that run so rampant in society and form opinions about people as individuals on their individual merits and flaws once we know them as opposed to labeling entire groups of people with negative adjectives based upon misapplied logic.