Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no hijab = 14 yr old violently dragged out of school by her hair
(12-02-2015, 02:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, fine.  Muslims are crazy.  We gotta stop 'em.  Have it your way.

Later, biotches.

Well. I certainly wasn't saying that. 
But if you want to be a giant tool, by all means go ahead. 
(12-02-2015, 03:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well. I certainly wasn't saying that. 
But if you want to be a giant tool, by all means go ahead. 

I'm not really aiming that at you.  But I'll take your advice and continue being a giant tool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2015, 02:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I didn't say "This is the same as spanking" I was saying that I find it interesting how people like to draw lines in the sand between "necessary spanking" and "forcefully asserting your will through abuse."  So I can't say I asserted that, at all.

I just find it interesting that conservatives promote and glorify a certain amount of hitting minors, but they are the first ones to pitch a fit when it crosses their imaginary line.

So you are saying they are not the same; only the difference is an "imaginary line" drawn by conservatives?

Sounds a whole lot like you are saying they are the same.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-02-2015, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not really aiming that at you.  But I'll take your advice and continue being a giant tool.

I was confused by being a discussion with you then you just saying that, I guess I need to work on my psychic skills to know who that was directed at. 
(12-02-2015, 02:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dragging a kid out of school by her hair because she isn't wearing a religious article of clothing. = Bad

Find me the story on the christian dragging a
Child out by her hair from school for not wearing a cross around her neck.  

This is exactly why I saw assimilation is key for immigrants.   We don't live this way in our western society.    What this man did was criminal.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news-channel/57899060#57899060
https://www.rt.com/usa/316241-teacher-lefties-sinister-switch/

Quote:“I just asked ‘Is there anything his teachers ever asked about his hands?’ And he raises this one and says this one’s bad,” Sands said.

So she wrote a letter to Zayde’s teacher asking for an explanation. She received an article in response that calls left-handedness “unlucky,” “evil” and “sinister.”
Quote:In many western cultures, right-handedness was/is considered the “correct” or “right” hand to use, and left-handedness was unlucky or inauspicious. The word “sinister,” meaning left-sided, derives from various sources as early as the 15th century. There are numerous cultural examples of left-handedness being associated with the idea of wickedness. For example, the devil is often portrayed as left-handed, and people throw salt over their left shoulder to ward off the evil spirits that dwell there.

Even in the 60s and 70s, kids had their hands struck if they used their left hand because of biblical reasons.
(12-02-2015, 03:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you are saying they are not the same; only the difference is an "imaginary line" drawn by conservatives?

Sounds a whole lot like you are saying they are the same.

I'm saying Muslims beating girls for not wearing their hajib or whatever it is and Christians beating sons for choosing to be gay and blah blah blah.  That is what makes all this crap similar.  I didn't say this was the same as spanking.  I never even used the word "spanking."  I just said it is interesting how conservatives are traditionally quite into a certain amount of hitting kids.

You're intentionally finagling and equal comparison and declaring it the weakest part of my argument and endlessly attacking that rather than addressing the fact that Christians have beaten and killed people in the name of religion like this Muslim jerk did.
(12-02-2015, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, I'm back with some light reading.

Son beaten to death because he wanted to leave church: police
http://nypost.com/2015/10/16/son-beaten-to-death-because-he-wanted-to-leave-the-church/

Parents of teen beaten to death at New York church in court
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/16/parents-boy-fatally-beaten-at-new-york-church-in-court/

[Same story as above] Couple beat son to death so he would confess 'sins,' cops say
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/14/police-say-couple-beat-son-to-death-in-new-york-church/

Christian Parents’ Violent Reaction to Son Coming Out Caught on Camera (this guy is 19, so I guess he was old enough to buy a gun and shoot his family for assaulting him, I guess)
http://www.mediaite.com/online/christian-parents-violent-reaction-to-son-coming-out-caught-on-camera/

I'm sure there are more, but my internet is being a pain.  Just type "parents beat son for being gay" into google and you'll see plenty o' people beating their family in the name of the lawd.

Those people are assholes driven by their faith too.
The guy who did this was an asshole driven by his faith. 

What is your point? I fail to see where anyone has actually made an argument defending them.
(12-02-2015, 03:08 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news-channel/57899060#57899060
https://www.rt.com/usa/316241-teacher-lefties-sinister-switch/

Even in the 60s and 70s, kids had their hands struck if they used their left hand because of biblical reasons.

My grandpa was born left handed but the nuns essentially beat it out of him. 
Religion makes people do stupid things. 
(12-02-2015, 03:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I was confused by being a discussion with you then you just saying that, I guess I need to work on my psychic skills to know who that was directed at. 

It might have been one of the people who seems to declare everything rotten Muslims do to being directed by their faith and everything awful Christians do to being directly related to everything BUT their faith.

Which is why I said:

Mulsim does something awful = Islam made him do it, blame nothing else
Christian does something awful = doesn't represent Christianity, blame everything else

I don't do this because I want to defend Islam, rather because I'm becoming more and more disturbed by patterns and similarities between many events in this country being passed off as "Crazy lone incidents that we can neither predict, nor prevent."  
(12-02-2015, 03:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It might have been one of the people who seems to declare everything rotten Muslims do to being directed by their faith and everything awful Christians do to being directly related to everything BUT their faith.

Which is why I said:

Mulsim does something awful = Islam made him do it, blame nothing else
Christian does something awful = doesn't represent Christianity, blame everything else

I don't do this because I want to defend Islam, rather because I'm becoming more and more disturbed by patterns and similarities between many events in this country being passed off as "Crazy lone incidents that we can neither predict, nor prevent."  

Then why not just direct it at him? 
(12-02-2015, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm saying Muslims beating girls for not wearing their hajib or whatever it is and Christians beating sons for choosing to be gay and blah blah blah.  That is what makes all this crap similar.  I didn't say this was the same as spanking.  I never even used the word "spanking."  I just said it is interesting how conservatives are traditionally quite into a certain amount of hitting kids.

You're intentionally finagling and equal comparison and declaring it the weakest part of my argument and endlessly attacking that rather than addressing the fact that Christians have beaten and killed people in the name of religion like this Muslim jerk did.
Suppose I just took you "belt on the shelf" comment as an equation to spanking.... my bad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-02-2015, 03:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Then why not just direct it at him? 

I was unaware I had to specifically point out who was making absurd and damning over-generalizations about Muslims in this thread and on this message board.
(12-02-2015, 03:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was unaware I had to specifically point out who was making absurd and damning over-generalizations about Muslims in this thread and on this message board.

Well if you are going to pluralize things and not quote when in conversation with someone when you post like that, helps to be specific. 
(12-02-2015, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Suppose I just took you "belt on the shelf" comment as an equation to spanking.... my bad.

Meh, that was a weak connection that I blame on seasonal trends.  I'm not saying people/conservatives can't see the difference between spanking and outright abusing children, but I DO find it interesting how people of that demographic can post something that pretty much says "I was scared my parents would beat me!" and it's supposed to be funny, or complimentary.

I guess what it comes down to is my cynical amusement at the concept of "I beat my kids the RIGHT way, and so and so doesn't...the jerk!"
(12-02-2015, 03:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well if you are going to pluralize things and not quote when in conversation with someone when you post like that, helps to be specific. 

Fair point, but it's Lucie.  It's always Lucie.  C'mon man!
(12-02-2015, 03:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: My grandpa was born left handed but the nuns essentially beat it out of him. 
Religion makes people do stupid things. 

Well you can't be a Type A proper man using your left hand.  Lucile will back me up here.
(12-02-2015, 03:24 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Well you can't be a Type A proper man using your left hand.  Lucile will back me up here.

Really?  I thought I was a failure because I'm lazy and spend too much time on this site arguing with strangers.  Turns out being left-handed was my true undoing!
(12-02-2015, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Really?  I thought I was a failure because I'm lazy and spend too much time on this site arguing with strangers.  Turns out being left-handed was my true undoing!

That's some Type Q ish right there.  
(12-02-2015, 03:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: That's some Type Q ish right there.  

Type Q?  Is that like Type Q*Bert?

[Image: 18ez5cvyy88w9jpg.jpg]
(12-02-2015, 04:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Type Q?  Is that like Type Q*Bert?

[Image: 18ez5cvyy88w9jpg.jpg]

Am I the only one who thought that character looked rather phallic ?
Looks like a tiny nut-sack and uncircumcised penis, with feet.
LOL