Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revamped OL
Boling starting at LT
Hopkins starting at LG

unfortunately the right side looks the same

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately Boling is the only guy that looks like he could start on other NFL Teams. Not much you can do to hide 4 guys.

On a positive, IF we ever do have a good offensive line...Mixon will be amazing.

That said, I don't see how we turn this line around in a year or 2. The guys we have just don't seem like they're capable of being good...and Boling is declining.
Reply/Quote
I missed the game today; as I was living life. How did Boling look at LT?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:50 PM)pally Wrote: Boling starting at LT
Hopkins starting at LG

unfortunately the right side looks the same

Needs to be Boling-Westerman-Hopkins-Price-Glenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Price is really struggling at Center.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Price is really struggling at Center.

If that is just a kinder way of saying he is having his ass handed to him, then yes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I missed the game today; as I was living life. How did Boling look at LT?

Boling played well until he gave up the strip sack to Bradley Chubb in the last 3 minutes. Can't really fault him though because he was the only offensive linemen with out a penalty.

Edit: ugh forgot the block in the back by Boling on the first drive...Which I was quickly reminded about by a Steelers fan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Needs to be Boling-Westerman-Hopkins-Price-Glenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should have been Hopkins at center and Price at RG when he came back anyway.

Oh well.  One day they'll learn.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Price is really struggling at Center.

I know he is a rookie but it seems at this point that 4 positions on the O-Line need to be addressed in some fashion.  I know Price played guard at OSU,  if he doesn't work out next year at center, I wonder if a trial at guard would not benefit the line.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know he is a rookie but it seems at this point that 4 positions on the O-Line need to be addressed in some fashion.  I know Price played guard at OSU,  if he doesn't work out next year at center, I wonder if a trial at guard would not benefit the line.  

Is it illegal for the Bengals to find a C?  Has there been legislation?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I missed the game today; as I was living life. How did Boling look at LT?

the whole line including boling looked good when they were running mixon... i was feeling pretty optimistic.

two things started to really hit the OL as we went through the game

- penalties on hart, redmond, hopkins was just killing momentum...don't know if its driskel's cadence at the LoS, or the fact that we had two guys in new positions, or Miller/Chubb on the edge was making people twitchy...whatever the OL was shooting itself in the foot

- linked to the first point....down and distance started to get unmanageable and Miller and Chubb were teeing off.  Boling was pretty solid in my opinion - especially as he was pressed into service only this week.  He's probably the best option at LT.

what i find frustrating is that like with Alexander end of last year i get the feeling that Pollack might just fall into his best line at somepoint before end of season ...with the same guys he's had since camp  (Big Dre not on the field today)
Reply/Quote
The penalties did not help the QB at all and were inexcusable.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:04 PM)McC Wrote: If that is just a kinder way of saying he is having his ass handed to him, then yes.

Yeah...he's been terrible.

People are going to be all over us for saying it.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:16 PM)sonofstat Wrote: the whole line including boling looked good when they were running mixon... i was feeling pretty optimistic.

two things started to really hit the OL as we went through the game

- penalties on hart, redmond, hopkins was just killing momentum...don't know if its driskel's cadence at the LoS, or the fact that we had two guys in new positions, or Miller/Chubb on the edge was making people twitchy...whatever the OL was shooting itself in the foot

- linked to the first point....down and distance started to get unmanageable and Miller and Chubb were teeing off.  Boling was pretty solid in my opinion - especially as he was pressed into service only this week.  He's probably the best option at LT.

what i find frustrating is that like with Alexander end of last year i get the feeling that Pollack might just fall into his best line at somepoint before end of season ...with the same guys he's had since camp  (Big Dre not on the field today)

Yeah.

Boling LT
Westerman LG
Hopkins C
Price RG
Smith RT
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:14 PM)McC Wrote: Is it illegal for the Bengals to find a C?  Has there been legislation?

Maybe it is.  It seems that since Rich Braham left, there has been ongoing issues at center.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah.

Boling LT
Westerman LG
Hopkins C
Price RG
Smith RT

that line would work for me...might as well see what we have.

Honestly I think Westerman needs to find another team...I wanted him starting but to be honest if he can't get game time in this situation then he needs to move on. Clearly our successive coaches have not trusted him
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:30 PM)sonofstat Wrote: that line would work for me...might as well see what we have.

Honestly I think Westerman needs to find another team...I wanted him starting but to be honest if he can't get game time in this situation then he needs to move on. Clearly our successive coaches have not trusted him

I believe he would like anew team, in the times he has played, he made one foul, no other errors, he has other teams very interested according to his agent. I don't know if this had something to do with his food poison at the begining of camp.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:41 PM)ward4239@icloud.com Wrote: I believe he would like anew team, in the times he has played, he made one foul, no other errors, he has other teams very interested according to his agent. I don't know if this had something to do with his food poison at the begining of camp.

What does PFF have to day about Westerman??
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
This is the worst offensive line I’ve ever seen and I’m going to be brutally honest. Frank Pollock isn’t what we thought he would be. He’s a bust as a coach. While the run blocking is infinitesimally improved, the pass blocking is dramatically worse. In pass protection, the line still moves backwards and tries to catch the defenders while they are running at full tilt toward the quarterback. Poor Jeff Driskel got steamrolled.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:41 PM)ward4239@icloud.com Wrote: I believe he would like anew team, in the times he has played, he made one foul, no other errors, he has other teams very interested according to his agent. I don't know if this had something to do with his food poison at the begining of camp.

Yeah puzzling why they don't atleast try him more.

But, if you can't beat out a guy as bad as Redmond...then it's time to move on.
Reply/Quote