Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"tHe BurrOw EffEcT"
(03-17-2022, 02:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently BJ Hill isn’t a good signing because “reasons.”

The only upgrades so far are Cappa and Karras.
But they're downgraded at RT and TE so far, so...it's a wash to this point? Maybe?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What the Burrow Effect can't fix - How the Bengals FO structures contracts

Truth to that. Burrow isn't going to change organizational practices and if he somehow does, it's not an instant process.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's the fact that other teams in the AFC are absolutely loading up and improving their teams while we sit here with more holes on our team than what we started with that's causing my hysteria. 

Again, still time to fix it...but the players are slowing dwindling.

So the Bengals making a few moves on day one that hopefully and should improve the O-line, easily the biggest flaw with the team, isn't fixing some holes?  

Free agency is of course a two way street.  Free agents in my opinion look for money first.  They only have so many years to play in a career and with the risk of injury that could end their career taking the money first is insurance.    Then they probably consider if they fit with the team and chances for a championship after that.   It's a business for them, their careers are limited unlike most career fields where someone can work for 40+ years.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals have been linked to multiple players that have chosen other teams over the Bengals.

I thought we were supposed to have our pick of the liter because we had Joey B as our QB? Every good veteran wants to come here because they have a chance to win a Super Bowl, right?  

Fact is, the Bengals aren't getting competitive enough contractwise to sign these guys. There's no other explanation. Whether it's guaranteed money, years, amount, etc. is to be seen...

Meanwhile you have the Bills, Ravens, etc shelling out to improve their team because they know how close they are.

It aint over yet, but good/quality players (and honestly, affordable ones) are being scooped up more and more each day while this team still  has a lot of holes. The lack of aggressiveness is a bit troublesome.

$$$$$$ speaks loudest to most
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Apparently the bengals should already be done with free agency. No other team is but the bengals are held to a much different standard.

We’ve already had 3 great signings. We’ll likely see 1-3 more and some decent depth pieces. We are on pace to have a terrific free agency and offseason. People losing their mind over us not signing mediocre at best TE’s is laughable.

Yes sir.

(03-17-2022, 02:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: In what world do we have more holes than when we started?!?!?! We haven’t cut anyone

Truth and when we do cut Hop and Waynes it will be to add a couple upgrades, Karras already is one if we want him at Center.

What is nice about the Karras signing is he can play LG too so we have more options. We just improved our run game on Offense
big time with Cappa and Karras and brought back a big time run stopper on Defense in BJ Hill. You win games in the trenches and
we are off to a fantastic start. Add Collins or Daryl Williams and we are off!
Reply/Quote
Reiff is an interesting watch as is Hopkins. If they were going to release Hopkins based on the history of treating players right I think now he’s staying. That would mean they are going to let him compete with Karras. That’s not a bad thing having Hopkins versatility on the bench. Probably allows them to keep 8 not 9 linemen. Reiff could very well be back on a friendly deal. That’s not bad either. Here’s why. The Bengals may be waiting on Collins or less likely Armstead or maybe Tretter. They draft @#31 an OT. Those discounting that shouldn’t. There’s plenty of tackles who have started as rookies. Doesn’t mean with Reilly he has too. But I think they aren’t shut out yet on adding in FA another OL starter. But I don’t think they feel forced and that’s not a bad thing. We didn’t have a lot of our FA’s last year at this point.
Reply/Quote
Here is what is funny. Bengals have 50m in cap space, can’t afford too many players.

Bills and ravens have limited cap space…. No problem, come join our team.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the bengals are the only team that hasn’t restructured a contract this offseason. It would be nice to see new and existing contracts taken care of like most NfL franchises
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: $$$$$$ speaks loudest to most

Yep
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Uzi, Spain, Larry O, Eli Apple are not on this team right now. 

Those guys are not end all be all, but the positions they made up are literal holes on the roster right now. Not to mention right tackle. 

(03-17-2022, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The only upgrades so far are Cappa and Karras.
But they're downgraded at RT and TE so far, so...it's a wash to this point? Maybe?

Pick out any team in the league you want and the same thing can be said. It’s day 2 of FA. There are tons of FA’s still available. We won’t have “literal holes” on our roster by the time the draft rolls around. Deep breath.

I know it would be great if the Bengals got first dibs on every FA and had a week to sign all the guys they wanted before the rest of the NFL was allowed to, but that’s not how it works. Every team is going through the same process. And it’s just that, a process. Good players like Tretter are still being cut, Collins could soon too or we could be waiting on Dallas to accept our trade. A lot is going on behind the scenes in Cincy and every other NFL city. It’s a process. It’s a process. It’s a process. Anyone that can’t handle it should really check out for 2 weeks and come back closer to the end.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The only upgrades so far are Cappa and Karras.

A lot depends on what they do at RT, but upgrading 2 spots on the IOL is being severely downplayed on this board right now. If those signings were spread out by a day or two people wouldn’t be freaking out so much, imo. It just feels like forever ago at this point.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Reiff is an interesting watch as is Hopkins. If they were going to release Hopkins based on the history of treating players right I think now he’s staying. That would mean they are going to let him compete with Karras. That’s not a bad thing having Hopkins versatility on the bench. Probably allows them to keep 8 not 9 linemen. Reiff could very well be back on a friendly deal. That’s not bad either. Here’s why. The Bengals may be waiting on Collins or less likely Armstead or maybe Tretter. They draft @#31 an OT. Those discounting that shouldn’t. There’s plenty of tackles who have started as rookies. Doesn’t mean with Reilly he has too. But I think they aren’t shut out yet on adding in FA another OL starter. But I don’t think they feel forced and that’s not a bad thing. We didn’t have a lot of our FA’s last year at this point.

You aren't bringing in Karras "to compete" and you aren't paying Hopkins 6 million to ride pine. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:37 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: So the Bengals making a few moves on day one that hopefully and should improve the O-line, easily the biggest flaw with the team, isn't fixing some holes?  

Free agency is of course a two way street.  Free agents in my opinion look for money first.  They only have so many years to play in a career and with the risk of injury that could end their career taking the money first is insurance.    Then they probably consider if they fit with the team and chances for a championship after that.   It's a business for them, their careers are limited unlike most career fields where someone can work for 40+ years.  

I think people are freaked out that RT and LG aren't addresses...especially as they see targets at these positions signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Are there any reports we are actually in on Armstead?

There is not as there shouldn't be. I know that  Armstead had a rough year last season. I know his elbow is hurting and his knee.  I think he had a torn labrum a couple years ago.  When healthy, he is a baller.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
And here you go:
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1504513896832540672?s=21
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Pick out any team in the league you want and the same thing can be said. It’s day 2 of FA. There are tons of FA’s still available. We won’t have “literal holes” on our roster by the time the draft rolls around. Deep breath.

I know it would be great if the Bengals got first dibs on every FA and had a week to sign all the guys they wanted before the rest of the NFL was allowed to, but that’s not how it works. Every team is going through the same process. And it’s just that, a process. Good players like Tretter are still being cut, Collins could soon too or we could be waiting on Dallas to accept our trade. A lot is going on behind the scenes in Cincy and every other NFL city. It’s a process. It’s a process. It’s a process. Anyone that can’t handle it should really check out for 2 weeks and come back closer to the end.

Again, look at the spreadsheet and look at how many tier 1-2 players are left at positions of need for the Bengals. There aren't many. 

2022 FA Sheet - Google Sheets
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There is not as there shouldn't be. I know that  Armstead had a rough year last season. I know his elbow is hurting and his knee.  I think he had a torn labrum a couple years ago.  When healthy, he is a baller.  

We have to be all in on Collins. I see no other explanation.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have to be all in on Collins. I see no other explanation.

I just don't understand why we wouldn't have traded a late round pick to 100% guarantee that then if we really wanted him that badly. 

Also, what is taking the Cowboys so long to actually cut him? 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And here you go:
https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1504513896832540672?s=21

I think Collins released actually hurts our chances to acquire him. We'll see I guess.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Collins released actually hurts our chances to acquire him. We'll see I guess.

Oh yeah, agree 100%. Now it becomes a straight up bidding war.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Oh yeah, agree 100%. Now it becomes a straight up bidding war.

So he's a post-June 1 cut. But they can cut him now right and designate him as that?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote