Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
the fix is in
(10-16-2016, 08:40 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I just watched Julio Jones all but get tackled with no PI call against the Seahawks.  I'm convinced this league is fixed

Yep, blatant.  Even Sherman knew it.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:40 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I just watched Julio Jones all but get tackled with no PI call against the Seahawks.  I'm convinced this league is fixed

Fixed or just plain incompetence?

Although I guess Seattle has become one of the "moneymaking" teams recently... Who knows?
Reply/Quote
If we accept the fix is on, what do the Bengals need to do to be one of the favored teams?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:54 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Fixed or just plain incompetence?

Although I guess Seattle has become one of the "moneymaking" teams recently... Who knows?

Definitely blew a call, in the middle of the field, on a long down-field pass on the last play of the game.  Incompetence, conspiracy, whatever you want to call it, it was completely inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If we accept the fix is on, what do the Bengals need to do to be one of the favored teams?

Sell more jerseys
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: As horrible as NFL officials have been and often times I do believe there is some bias... But not today. We got straight up beat by a better coached team. Plain and simple.

BTW, why does the NFL employ so many senior citizens to be referees? Granted the head ref today was young-ish but there's plenty of old dudes out there refereeing professional football games. Why is that? How can they keep up? And can they see well? Mental awareness? Just seems odd

It's called a union instead of fair labor.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:06 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Definitely blew a call, in the middle of the field, on a long down-field pass on the last play of the game.  Incompetence, conspiracy, whatever you want to call it, it was completely inexcusable.

Yep, and the league never holds refs accountable for f****** up as much/bad as they do. Sometimes I think the replacement refs never left.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's called a union instead of fair labor.

Well it's hurting the NFL product very badly. The refs get worse and worse each week
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If we accept the fix is on, what do the Bengals need to do to be one of the favored teams?

Dearest Mr. Blandino:
[Image: main-qimg-1af382017517de74cbd1043f783569..._webp=true]

Sincerely,
Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
There is no fix, just bad refs. League needs to add 1 more ref on the field for more eyes out there. And needs younger ones overall too as a full-time job.

And I ask what is the risk vs reward of games being fixed by the NFL? Risk would be a gigantic scandal of epic proportions, one that would take years to recover from. The reward would maybe be slightly more revenue generated, but I highly doubt it since most of the revenue is from TV and ads. So imo, I dont see where the risk vs reward is even worth it for the league. They just have too many shitty refs that need replaced with better ones.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: There is no fix, just bad refs. League needs to add 1 more ref on the field for more eyes out there. And needs younger ones overall too as a full-time job.

And I ask what is the risk vs reward of games being fixed by the NFL? Risk would be a gigantic scandal of epic proportions, one that would take years to recover from. The reward would maybe be slightly more revenue generated, but I highly doubt it since most of the revenue is from TV and ads. So imo, I dont see where the risk vs reward is even worth it for the league. They just have too many shitty refs that need replaced with better ones.

Bingo. Send most of them to retirement homes and bring in young guys (preferably former players and not nerdy football dweebs) and hope they aren't steeler fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well it's hurting the NFL product very badly. The refs get worse and worse each week

Same problem with teachers. The sucky teachers get sent to minority schools rather than being replaced by brighter, more capable teachers. The kids suffer, the suck ass teachers keep their jobs and then retire when they want with large unearned pensions.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: There is no fix, just bad refs. League needs to add 1 more ref on the field for more eyes out there. And needs younger ones overall too as a full-time job.

I would tend to agree, IF, these calls weren't going in favor of the teams with the largest fan bases and television markets.
Reply/Quote
I thought this was a thread about Cincy's heroin epidemic brought on by the death of Hambre.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: What I saw today was a Bengals team who came to play. Yeah there was some bad play calls at the red zone not running hill there.  But I was very pleased with how dalton played hitting his passes.  You just can't beat the refs too.  Good things by us were taken away.  I'm not going through each one of them. But it was on offense and defense, just blatant bad calls to keep the Pats in it. I came from this game pissed that this game we love is corrupt.  I feel like walking away from it.  We aren't in the nfls agenda to win.  Do you honestly think the nfl would allow Tom Brady first home game to be the Bengals beat them??  Hahaha not if the league has any say.  Just look at the ravens game too PATHETIC.

We lost by more points than we scored.  Get out of her with that trash. Are people really trying nothing to take heat off of marvin?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:19 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I thought this was a thread about Cincy's heroin epidemic brought on by the death of Hambre.

It is Harambe, kind sir! Gaah  Cool RIP Harambe!!  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:20 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: We lost by more points than we scored.  Get out of her with that trash. Are people really trying nothing to take heat off of marvin?

Hell no last game I blame on marvin. But today I seen refs favor new england.I really don't see how nobody can't see it, it's mind boggling. Even if we had a shot to come back the Adam Jones pass interference was sickening.it was definitely over after that one bad call. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:20 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: We lost by more points than we scored.  Get out of her with that trash. Are people really trying nothing to take heat off of marvin?

Hell NO!! Cincinnati's biggest problem = :giggle:

The officiating problem has nothing to do with the other problem!!

Reply/Quote
This game was no different then last years playoff game in my eyes, just blatant bad calls towards us
Reply/Quote
And this was the point of my mccaron for quarterback plus conspiracy post. It's like you got to be a big fan favorite to actually win in the nfl. Here's a example, they had Brady coming back as a celebration party today, he's seen as the best qb in the league. So his team is going to get the calls, he's either going to be in the afc championship or the Superbowl every damn year. The nfl loves him. Maybe just maybe if mccaron had all of Alabama behind him. Maybe the nfl would let us win one since the fans boosted like Seattle's did.
Reply/Quote