Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
the fix is in
(10-17-2016, 12:41 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: God we got some clueless fans

Recognizing your problem and owning up to it is the first step.  
You're on your way.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:00 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: BS!  They got petty penalties on on 3rd down stopping calls on the pats to sustain drives. That had a tremendous outcome on the game.

The call on Dre on the 3rd Down and 22 yard or whatever it was for a 5 yard penalty and an automatic 1st down which is just dumb call, did us in.  We had momentum and if not for that call our offense would have moved the ball and our confidence would have been up for sure...  Game changed after this.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My confession:  I was not happy to see Russell Bodine get hurt but part of me was happy to see the other center get a chance to play.  Unfortunately, he sucked too.

At least he fires off the ball and gets under the pads.  I can't count the times I watched Bodine stand straight up at the snap and get manhandled.  Zeitler struggled again, and I even saw Boling whiff on one, and Johnson had to try and block two men on the play.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:33 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: And this was the point of my mccaron for quarterback plus conspiracy post. It's like you got to be a big fan favorite to actually win in the nfl.  Here's a example, they had Brady coming back as a celebration party today, he's seen as the best qb in the league. So his team is going to get the calls, he's either going to be in the afc championship or the Superbowl every damn year. The nfl loves him. Maybe just maybe if mccaron had all of Alabama behind him. Maybe the nfl would let us win one since the fans boosted like Seattle's did.

[Image: 72474563.jpg]

Dude.....you GOTS to share some of that shit! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Many people will attack this post saying you wear a tin-foil hat, etc.  The truth of the matter is that everything isn't "scripted".  There is no great plan that says that Brady and Pig Ben have a line that get away with holding every time and they are looking for a flag to throw on every play against the smaller fan-base teams.  They aren't beholden to the mafia that there must be a certain margin of victory, point spread, etc.

However, if anyone believes there is not an absolute bias towards certain teams and it only takes a few extra calls leaning in one direction to influence the outcome of the game, you are just trying to ignore the evidence and pretend it is all real so your team has a fair shot.  The bias is real and a large part of the viewing audience is starting to get fed up.  

This year has been some of the worst I have ever seen.  And it isn't just the Bengals.  I remember watching the officiating of the Jags and Packers in week 1 with complete disbelief.  

They can only cater to certain fan bases and markets for so long before they lose all the rest of them.  They have been very arrogant and are starting to see the decline in viewership.  Here is something to ponder:  how much of the viewership they are getting is tied to fantasy or gambling?  How much is tuning in for the pure entertainment.  They had better improve their product, or they could see a significant decline if people ever tire of fantasy football.

(10-17-2016, 08:28 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yep! This is a league-wide problem folks. To hell with Kaepernick kneeling or not kneeling or whatever during the anthem. That's not the main reason folks are tuning out: it's the God-awful, replacement-ref-like officiating. It's happening all over the league and who can blame fans? It's borderline unwatchable. 

Now with that said, there is certainly a bias in favor of the "moneymaking teams". It's been obvious for years now. But if Seattle can rack up the jersey sales and popularity, so can we.

However, officiating is not out to make Cincinnati lose. If it were... How in the hell were we able to win in 2012, in Pittsburgh, with a playoff spot on the line for both teams, on the anniversary of the immaculate reception? Answer me that. If the league was truly hell bent on favoritism, there is NO WAY we win that game... But we did.

I will say this.....the same type of inconsistencies in officiating, rule interpretations, penalties, suspensions, etc....has driven race fans away in droves from NASCAR.  They favor the big money teams.

That said, shit like not punching it in from the inch line.....TWICE has a bigger bearing on what happened yesterday than anything.  Pitiful.  If you go out and throttle opponents, three or four bad calls don't effect the outcome, that simple.  We are just not very good this year.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:14 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: The call on Dre on the 3rd Down and 22 yard or whatever it was for a 5 yard penalty and an automatic 1st down which is just dumb call, did us in.  We had momentum and if not for that call our offense would have moved the ball and our confidence would have been up for sure...  Game changed after this.  

Wasn't this after we couldn't punch it in from the inch line?  Talk about a momentum killer.  Gut check failed.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I won't say we lost solely because of the refs but there were definitely times they sucked at their jobs. The 3rd and 18 call on Kirkpatrick was the worst IMO, pretty much what turned the game around. I don't think Kirk did anything wrong on that play.
You are correct, he barely touched him.  That play, and the horrible holding call on Ogbuehi, really shifted the momentum of this game.  Once that penalty took away a nice first down to Green, and turned into a safety, I knew it was over.  I was totally deflated as it looked like the team was.
We did not play well, but referees can totally turn the game around as they have many times this year.  It is becoming difficult to watch.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: As horrible as NFL officials have been and often times I do believe there is some bias... But not today. We got straight up beat by a better coached team. Plain and simple.

BTW, why does the NFL employ so many senior citizens to be referees? Granted the head ref today was young-ish but there's plenty of old dudes out there refereeing professional football games. Why is that? How can they keep up? And can they see well? Mental awareness? Just seems odd

I have argued this point for years. GODell, who does not give a dam about anything other than money ( could care less about integrity of game) is too cheap to pay full time refs who actually study film full-time to gain consistency.

I have a close friend and client who played for the Eagles for 8 years and he tells me the players think the officials are a joke. He says they cannot keep up and are often out of position.

His solution- take college players who could not make the league and turn them into full-time professional refs.

The officiating in the NFL is a disgrace and is or will contribute to the decline in the popularity.

Until NFL starts losing money, GODell will do nothing to improve this problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:48 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I have argued this point for years. GODell, who does not give a dam about anything other than money ( could care less about integrity of game) is too cheap to pay full time refs who actually study film full-time to gain consistency.

I have a close friend and client who played for the Eagles for 8 years and he tells me the players think the officials are a joke. He says they cannot keep up and are often out of position.

His solution- take college players who could not make the league and turn them into full-time professional refs.

The officiating in the NFL is a disgrace and is or will contribute to the decline in the popularity.

Until NFL starts losing money, GODell will do nothing to improve this problem.

That seems like a pretty good solution.  The thing that really irks me, is missing OBVIOUS replay calls.  How in the hell do you get it wrong twice?  Hell, if you're not gonna fix the issue, then quit dragging the games out with replay that is essentially useless.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Many people will attack this post saying you wear a tin-foil hat, etc.  The truth of the matter is that everything isn't "scripted".  There is no great plan that says that Brady and Pig Ben have a line that get away with holding every time and they are looking for a flag to throw on every play against the smaller fan-base teams.  They aren't beholden to the mafia that there must be a certain margin of victory, point spread, etc.

However, if anyone believes there is not an absolute bias towards certain teams and it only takes a few extra calls leaning in one direction to influence the outcome of the game, you are just trying to ignore the evidence and pretend it is all real so your team has a fair shot.  The bias is real and a large part of the viewing audience is starting to get fed up.  

This year has been some of the worst I have ever seen.  And it isn't just the Bengals.  I remember watching the officiating of the Jags and Packers in week 1 with complete disbelief.  

They can only cater to certain fan bases and markets for so long before they lose all the rest of them.  They have been very arrogant and are starting to see the decline in viewership.  Here is something to ponder:  how much of the viewership they are getting is tied to fantasy or gambling?  How much is tuning in for the pure entertainment.  They had better improve their product, or they could see a significant decline if people ever tire of fantasy football.

I agree that there is some bias and the officiating reflects it. It's been pretty bad this year.

But...it's not worth 18 points against the Patriots...and it didn't force the Bengals to fumble last year in the playoffs when they just had to run out the clock and have 2 personal fouls.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wasn't this after we couldn't punch it in from the inch line?  Talk about a momentum killer.  Gut check failed.

You might be correct but I remember we were moving the ball nicely.  This is the pivot point I sensed the game turning.  It was as if they got bailed out.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: You might be correct but I remember we were moving the ball nicely.  This is the pivot point I sensed the game turning.  It was as if they got bailed out.  

True.....unfortunately, there were more than one of those moments.  Some were self inflicted, others weren't.  I am just glad there was a better effort out there than last week.  That was disgusting.  This game was closer than the score indicated, which is the polar opposite of the game in Big D.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:33 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: And this was the point of my mccaron for quarterback plus conspiracy post. It's like you got to be a big fan favorite to actually win in the nfl.  Here's a example, they had Brady coming back as a celebration party today, he's seen as the best qb in the league. So his team is going to get the calls, he's either going to be in the afc championship or the Superbowl every damn year. The nfl loves him. Maybe just maybe if mccaron had all of Alabama behind him. Maybe the nfl would let us win one since the fans boosted like Seattle's did.

I had hoped your thread was sarcastic, but evidently not.  Brady is a guy who publicly embarrassed Goodell, tied them up in court for 18 months while threatening to go to the Supreme Court, his owner spoke out against the league over and over.  The franchise literally had a multiple time murderer on their roster.  You think this is the team that the NFL would choose to get all the calls?  Seriously man??

There is no conspiracy.  Maybe it makes some people feel better than facing the fact that the team is not very good this year, but that does not make it so.  I swear, this board is starting to sound like a political page... "we would have won, but the big, bad NFL keeps putting us down... it's rigged so it does not matter what the score was, it was predetermined".  This is sad.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:18 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Wtf that have to do with the calls, see what I mean another sheep who aren't focused on the calls just other things.all you sheep keep believing the refs are fair and equal. I bet you Tom Brady will be in the Superbowl this year. You'll just say he's that good.ignorant people

Expecting a ban incoming in 5...4...3....
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't know if the league is fixed, but I do know that the refs changed the outcome of the game. We could have won that game. The defense stopped the Patriots multiple times, but they gave them ticky tack penalties to extend their drives and get points. Then when there's obvious flags FOR our guys they look the other way. If the game was called fairly we could have won. Would we have won? IDK, but it would have been a lot closer, and there's a huge chance that we could have. When there's holding call on Og on a big play to Green that makes you scratch your head. If a defender is face guarding Green in the end zone and there's no flag you scratch your head. When we get bad defensive holding calls after they couldn't convert on 3rd and forever you scratch your head. When their defender is allowed to hold onto our receivers arms (both Green and LaFell) you scratch your head. If a Patriots offensive player literally grabs a Bengals defensive player by the face in front of the ref and there's no flag you scratch your head. If all of these things happen (and I could be missing some since it's off the top of my head) you have to know that minimum this game is being poorly officiated. Then you have other games like the Steelers game earlier this year... It really makes you think.
Reply/Quote
Blame the league. Blame the refs.

The real blame should be on the Bengals not having a GM...and hiring competent coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know if the league is fixed, but I do know that the refs changed the outcome of the game. We could have won that game. The defense stopped the Patriots multiple times, but they gave them ticky tack penalties to extend their drives and get points. Then when there's obvious flags FOR our guys they look the other way. If the game was called fairly we could have won. Would we have won? IDK, but it would have been a lot closer, and there's a huge chance that we could have. When there's holding call on Og on a big play to Green that makes you scratch your head. If a defender is face guarding Green in the end zone and there's no flag you scratch your head. When we get bad defensive holding calls after they couldn't convert on 3rd and forever you scratch your head. When their defender is allowed to hold onto our receivers arms (both Green and LaFell) you scratch your head. If a Patriots offensive player literally grabs a Bengals defensive player by the face in front of the ref and there's no flag you scratch your head. If all of these things happen (and I could be missing some since it's off the top of my head) you have to know that minimum this game is being poorly officiated. Then you have other games like the Steelers game earlier this year... It really makes you think.

How about the no call on the pass interference on Julio Jones yesterday at the end of the game.  We are not the only team that gets screwed by these awful officials.

I repeat what I have been saying for years - the NFL is becoming a joke because GODell wont force the issue with full time professional officials who focus solely on their job as an official and get training every week, just like the players and coaches.

I agree that calls yesterday were incredibly inconsistent but we lost to better team because Pats adjusted their blocking scheme at half time and our D got zero pressure on Brady in the second half.

No one can cover Pats TEs when Brady gets all the time in the world to let plays develop.

They did nothing in first half - not because DBS and LBs were doing better but because Brady had no time to thorw.

End of story.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:39 PM)bengals67 Wrote: How about the no call on the pass interference on Julio Jones yesterday at the end of the game.  We are not the only team that gets screwed by these awful officials.

I repeat what I have been saying for years - the NFL is becoming a joke because GODell wont force the issue with full time professional officials who focus solely on their job as an official and get training every week, just like the players and coaches.

I agree that calls yesterday were incredibly inconsistent but we lost to better team because Pats adjusted their blocking scheme at half time and our D got zero pressure on Brady in the second half.

No one can cover Pats TEs when Brady gets all the time in the world to let plays develop.

They did nothing in first half - not because DBS and LBs were doing better but because Brady had no time to thorw.

End of story.

Just curious.  What would these full time officials do with approximately six months of the year when there are no preseason or playoff games?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Just curious.  What would these full time officials do with approximately six months of the year when there are no preseason or playoff games?

Film, film, film, and then some film.  Knowing situations and rule interpretations like the back of their hands.  Conditioning too.  Establish a certification process, and they must go through it every offseason.  Also, they could be officiating scrimmages and such during the training camps.  LOTS of ways to change things up and give them more reps....

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Film, film, film, and then some film.  Knowing situations and rule interpretations like the back of their hands.  Conditioning too.  Establish a certification process, and they must go through it every offseason.  Also, they could be officiating scrimmages and such during the training camps.  LOTS of ways to change things up and give them more reps....

I would argue that the bulk of them are in really good shape.  Let me ask you this... if there really was this giant problem for poor officiating, don't you think there would be a line of former players talking about it?  They have retired, they are no longer employees, they aren't getting any more checks.  Why don't they come out to discuss it?
Reply/Quote