Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this sundays game vs. Skins
    this game, #3 will tell us a lot about this team.... good & bad....
we don't have to win, per se, but I want the first teams offense & defense to both look good.....

I want the offense to move the chains.....I don't need 50 yard bombs, i'd prefer safer routes, 5-20 yards at a time.....run the ball & avg at least 4 yrds per play....move the chains & score a few TD's......NO SACKS.!!!!

on "D" , I want a few sacks.....hold them to under 21 points...

no ST gaffs......all field goals made by both kickers....

final score prediction....
Bengals 25
Skins     20

& no injuries on either team...
Reply/Quote
Skins 24 Bengals 10 this week. We need to start admitting we stink again this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 10:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Skins 24 Bengals 10 this week. We need to start admitting we stink again this year.

We? Be my guest and quit prior to game number 1, but change it to "I" and not we
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm always curious to see who starts at each position in the 3rd game. I just want to see this team click. If we can put together a good balanced drive for a TD, and our starting D can get some pressure and tackle, I will feel much better. And of course no injuries.
Reply/Quote
Let McCarron play with the 1's, then play Driskel the rest of the game.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 10:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Skins 24 Bengals 10 this week. We need to start admitting we stink again this year.

No way in hell do they stink.  This should be a good no-excuses game...they are 0-2 in the preseason and will want to do something to energize their fan base.  Remember the "garbage" rant by Adam Jones?  Terrell Pryor?  Well, he is a Redskin and I am sure he hasn't forgotten.  

The Redskins have been a good passing team and not so good at rushing the ball, so we might see an emphasis of power rushing by them.  

I just hope the Bengals get out without injuries (have to say it), and have a lead at the half.  Ones vs. ones....they should be able to take down the Redskins, even on the road.  And stuff their rush...Chiefs pounded them.  
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 07:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No way in hell do they stink.  This should be a good no-excuses game...they are 0-2 in the preseason and will want to do something to energize their fan base.  Remember the "garbage" rant by Adam Jones?  Terrell Pryor?  Well, he is a Redskin and I am sure he hasn't forgotten.  

The Redskins have been a good passing team and not so good at rushing the ball, so we might see an emphasis of power rushing by them.  

I just hope the Bengals get out without injuries (have to say it), and have a lead at the half.  Ones vs. ones....they should be able to take down the Redskins, even on the road.  And stuff their rush...Chiefs pounded them.  

It will be interesting to see how we do at stopping the run against them. We were tore up on the ground last week. I agree we don't stink, but our leadership is trash and unless the players step up and exceed the level of heart over the coaching staff, not sure how much progress we will see.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 07:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It will be interesting to see how we do at stopping the run against them. We were tore up on the ground last week. I agree we don't stink, but our leadership is trash and unless the players step up and exceed the level of heart over the coaching staff, not sure how much progress we will see.

I would personally like to see us play more man coverage...I think we have the secondary, and the LBs could be more of a force rushing the passer and stuffing the run.  We are always taking steps back at the snap.  Hardly ever stuff a run for negative yardage.  
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 10:19 PM)Steve Wrote:     this game, #3 will tell us a lot about this team.... good & bad....
we don't have to win, per se, but I want the first teams offense & defense to both look good.....

I want the offense to move the chains.....I don't need 50 yard bombs, i'd prefer safer routes, 5-20 yards at a time.....run the ball & avg at least 4 yrds per play....move the chains & score a few TD's......NO SACKS.!!!!

Bengals 25
Skins     20

If all the things you mentioned come about this Sunday, then I will have just an inkling of hope in the abilities of our coaching staff to not only identify the mistakes, but also to correct them.

Reply/Quote

So glad this isn't WWII and I'm not in a foxhole with you...
Reply/Quote
We will see more of a game plan this week, hopefully. Also our prized rookie should make his debut!!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 07:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would personally like to see us play more man coverage...I think we have the secondary, and the LBs could be more of a force rushing the passer and stuffing the run.  We are always taking steps back at the snap.  Hardly ever stuff a run for negative yardage.  

100% agree! To many WRs and TEs getting free off the line.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 03:32 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Let McCarron play with the 1's, then play Driskel the rest of the game.

Are you saying to not play Dalton at all? Because if so, I would disagree because the first-team offense with Dalton needs more time to work on getting into the end zone.
I'd be ok with first-team offense for at least first half with Dalton playing the first quarter and McCarron playing the second.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 07:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would personally like to see us play more man coverage...I think we have the secondary, and the LBs could be more of a force rushing the passer and stuffing the run.  We are always taking steps back at the snap.  Hardly ever stuff a run for negative yardage.  

Preaching to the choir! We have played that soft zone for far too long! We have a lot of 1st Round CB's.

Then when the pressure doesn't get there from the 4 man front, the zone gets picked apart.
Reply/Quote

But we don't.

So go cry somewhere else.

(08-22-2017, 10:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We? Be my guest and quit prior to game number 1, but change it to "I" and not we

(08-23-2017, 12:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So glad this isn't WWII and I'm not in a foxhole with you...

Indeed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 10:19 PM)Steve Wrote:     this game, #3 will tell us a lot about this team.... good & bad....

Bengals 25
Skins     20

Yeah, this is the one Preseason game you can tell a little about the team. Good team in the Skins as well.

Bengals - 31
Redskins - 28
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 01:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, this is the one Preseason game you can tell a little about the team. Good team in the Skins as well.

Bengals - 31
Redskins - 28

grass field....I like that...
this is a GREAT TEST for the bengals.....
I bet they'll be at least a 3 pt dog....
Reply/Quote
We'll see how it goes. Might be a little more of a gameplan, but Marvin loves keeping it vanilla in the preseason. Should be some good reps for the 1s. Preseason or not, I always prefer a W, but I'd like to see the offense have a good game. I'd like to see Mixon have a solid game, maybe see Andy throw a TD or 2. Most importantly though, I want them to come away healthy.
Reply/Quote
I think the mere presence of Ross will open up the running game...I would like to see Hill and Mixon turn an average run in to a 15-20 yard gain. I really hope we see Ross with AJ and Eifert together. Andy deserves at least a little practice in a game with this grouping...
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 10:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the mere presence of Ross will open up the running game...I would like to see Hill and Mixon turn an average run in to a 15-20 yard gain.  I really hope we see Ross with AJ and Eifert together.  Andy deserves at least a little practice in a game with this grouping...

Not sure we will see Ross open up our running game this Sunday. I think the Skins play him like they would anyone else. There isn't tape on him burning anyone deep or short in the NFL yet. Once that happens you will see teams starting to plan for him. 
I agree that the WRs need playing time together to get in sync with Andy. If anything else it will help Zampese start to formulate gameplans.
Reply/Quote