Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
we might wanna hold off on elite talk for ahwile
burrow now got 18 picks in last 17 reg season games and 20 in last 22 games total. geez

year 3 now an still hasnt learned to get rid of ball or not force throws

as much a problem as line has been, he is a real part of the sacks to by his stubborness

and for a guy with not the strongest arm alreadt his velocity was awful today

i have high hope for him but i got a lot worries to
Reply/Quote
so Brett Favre wasnt elite?
Reply/Quote
I'd say the issue is like 80% line.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so Brett Favre wasnt elite?

farve eventual became elite but no he wasnt elite after 3 years
Reply/Quote
I think we need to see how the season goes. If he had 5 more games like this...

But, Allen and Mahommes sure look great.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say the issue is like 80% line.

Yeah, I never heard an offensive lineman's name as often as I heard Volson today.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, I never heard an offensive lineman's name as often as I heard Volson today.

Yes. In the gamethread, people were like Joe's gotta throw that away.

Generally, on quick inside pressure, you can't. The guys that throw it away are generally on the run or outside the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, I never heard an offensive lineman's name as often as I heard Volson today.

bobby hsart lol
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:34 PM)Leon Wrote: farve eventual became elite but no he wasnt elite after 3 years

Brett Favre had 6 games in which he threw 4 or more INTs and 1 or fewer TDs after his first 3 years.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The OP must be absolutely giddy to be able to start a thread like this.

Unfortunately for him it will likely end up looking just like the preseason Chase thread from last year.

Burrow has already proven he’s an elite QB. He just had a terrible game. They will be few and far between.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:41 PM)Leon Wrote: how bout when collins let watt run right by him

Precisely, why this isn't all on Burrow.

2 of the ints were bad reads though that he shouldn't have threw.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. In the gamethread, people were like Joe's gotta throw that away.

Generally, on quick inside pressure, you can't. The guys that throw it away are generally on the run or outside the pocket.

but then theres oyher times when does have protection an he just holding the ball forever. he even said he does that so cant blame those on the line
Reply/Quote

You must have missed the Ogbuehi years then…

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:43 PM)Leon Wrote: but then theres oyher times when does have protection an he just holding the ball forever. he even said he does that so cant blame those on the line

When you have protection, why not hold it?

It's a fine line. Big plays come from that.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. In the gamethread, people were like Joe's gotta throw that away.

Amazing that this actually has to be explained on a football message board…

Reply/Quote
How many games has Burrow won us compared to costing us?

FFS in his first appearance in a Bengals shirt he drove the team up the field and would have won us the game if not for a bs PI call the kid is special.

My only worry is if he’s started to believe his own hype the comment about him making too much money to wear fake diamonds really didn’t sit right with me.

I obviously don’t live in Cincy but some people must know from friends at the club or around town wether he is a bit of a dick off the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think we need to see how the season goes. If he had 5 more games like this...

But, Allen and Mahommes sure look great.

Machines had a really tough start last year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OP must be absolutely giddy to be able to start a thread like this.

Unfortunately for him it will likely end up looking just like the preseason Chase thread from last year.

Burrow has already proven he’s an elite QB. He just had a terrible game. They will be few and far between.

i aint giddy cause my hope is that burrow gets to elite level but im also not like you thinking hes superman. hes got some issues that he has admitted to hisself. not like im the only one saying it lol

can you show where hes elite right now. whos he better than. imo you have to be top 5 to be elite an he sure aint there yet. i think he can be but he defintly has room to get better and things to fix. lets hope it happens 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:48 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: How many games has Burrow won us compared to costing us?

FFS in his first appearance in a Bengals shirt he drove the team up the field and would have won us the game if not for a bs PI call the kid is special.

My only worry is if he’s started to believe his own hype the comment about him making too much money to wear fake diamonds really didn’t sit right with me.

I obviously don’t live in Cincy but some people must know from friends at the club or around town wether he is a bit of a dick off the field.

FFS some of you are absolute boomers. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:48 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: How many games has Burrow won us compared to costing us?

well right now hes 12-14-1 

i think the hype concern you mention is a real concern an ive talked about it before
Reply/Quote