Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
we might wanna hold off on elite talk for ahwile
(09-11-2022, 10:35 PM)Leon Wrote: collins got pushed around and not just by watt. not a good sign

It was the left side that was getting abused. Particularly by Highsmith.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
We all know Jonah and Collins are better run blockers than pass blockers. We should not expect them to be Whitworth or Willie Anderson. They’re fine enough. Jonah has proven to be good. He’ll have these games once in a while

It’s really LG that needs to be fixed here
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was the left side that was getting abused. Particularly by Highsmith.

might wanna watch game again and focus on collins. not good put on his but 3 times an allowed 2 free guys
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was the left side that was getting abused. Particularly by Highsmith.

Reason to worry going into Dallas. Just saw Parsons blow through the TB left tackle and sack Brady twice. Parsons is a beast and they use him to rush the QB quite a lot.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We all know Jonah and Collins are better run blockers than pass blockers. We should not expect them to be Whitworth or Willie Anderson. They’re fine enough. Jonah has proven to be good. He’ll have these games once in a while

It’s really LG that needs to be fixed here

Jonah was atrocious today. No one expects HoF caliber play, but he can’t keep giving up 8 sacks a year either. Not a good start if he wants to get that big contract extension.

And you kinda need your LT to you know…be good at pass blocking.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Reason to worry going into Dallas. Just saw Parsons blow through the TB left tackle and sack Brady twice. Parsons is a beast and they use him to rush the QB quite a lot.

Yep. But fortunately they don’t have a Cam Heyward wrecking things inside.

Reply/Quote
If this was a well coached team we would expect Sample or Hurst to be lined up next to Jonah next week to chip and the RB back to help pass block. With Zac I expect they will once again put him on an island against an elite pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jonah was atrocious today. No one expects HoF caliber play, but he can’t keep giving up 8 sacks a year either. Not a good start if he wants to get that big contract extension.

And you kinda need your LT to you know…be good at pass blocking.

he is good at pass blocking. just not really good. he's just good

and yes he had a real bad day at the office. this will be his worst game of the year
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’d maybe have a point if that was the only metric he had to point to. But he also had the actual counting stats to back it up. 1st in completion %, 8th in TD’s, 6th in passing yards, 1st in Y/A, etc. All behind a terrible OL.

Now, do you think that maybe, just maybe, that was probably closer to the normal Joe Burrow than today was?

To be fair, rating covers all of those stats listed.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So is missing an extra point for the win and a field goal for the win.

They're never in that situation without piss poor play from the QB......and a pick six. No two ways about it.

(09-11-2022, 10:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But how is it biased? Andy played bad, people complained. Burrow plays bad, people complain. 

The context is, what each have done in their careers before that bad game and how much criticism it deserves. 

How can you say Burrow deserves the same blame Dalton got with how their careers have/had gone? People didn't really bash on Andy until after 3 playoff losses and numerous bad outings in prime time. I'm talking his play, specifically. 

I'll readily admit that i was one of the biggest Dalton based-on-play bashers here, but i didn't even go to the dark side until post 2016. 

In real life, if one co-worker makes mistake after mistake and the other does his job and is productive, both of them make a mistake that costs the company a fair amount of cash, are they looked at the same, or does the guy who is usually productive get the benefit of the doubt?

They both made a bad mistake. Should they be treated equally?

Go back re-read my original post you replied to. I said some of the same posters that blasted Dalton over every little mistake, and straight up crucified him over the big ones are swinging off Joe's nuts today and trying to blame everyone in Cincinnati but him for today. 

Again it's not about each player.... it's about objectivity and consistency. 

As to the players, I support both, I believed Dalton lost us the 2.0 game same as I believe Joe lost the game today. Some would say Andy lost us the 2.0 game, and then turn around and say Zac lost us the game, Wilcox lost us the game, Huber lost us the game, etc, etc. Hell there are threads about it, there's a post right above yours here about it. It's hypocrisy, and I'll always call that out. Sorry not sorry, lol.
Reply/Quote

Well, there were at least two plays I saw where Volson got beat so badly that Burrow had to try and escape Heyward and Jonah was pushing Hightower around the outside of the pocket. Volson on skates caused Burrow to run right into Hightower.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:45 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Well, there were at least two plays I saw where Volson got beat so badly that Burrow had to try and escape Heyward and Jonah was pushing Hightower around the outside of the pocket. Volson on skates caused Burrow to run right into Hightower.

*Highsmith

Reply/Quote
Burrow played really bad today. I don't think it's going to be the norm. I was pretty worried about him when I learned about his appendix and how he lost a ton of weight. He'll get better, hell he started playing a little better during the second half. The OL didn't do him any favors and not having Higgins for most of the game and Boyd getting hurt sucked too. Give him some time to recover and the OL time to gel and I bet our offense will be doing way better the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Burrow played really bad today. I don't think it's going to be the norm. I was pretty worried about him when I learned about his appendix and how he lost a ton of weight. He'll get better, hell he started playing a little better during the second half. The OL didn't do him any favors and not having Higgins for most of the game and Boyd getting hurt sucked too. Give him some time to recover and the OL time to gel and I bet our offense will be doing way better the rest of the way.

I'm really not sure what the offensive game plan was. They tried to run outside a bunch and failed at it. They faked the jet sweep a bunch, but never ran it.

No real quick slants. Most passing plays took 3-4 seconds to develop.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:59 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Burrow played really bad today. I don't think it's going to be the norm. I was pretty worried about him when I learned about his appendix and how he lost a ton of weight. He'll get better, hell he started playing a little better during the second half. The OL didn't do him any favors and not having Higgins for most of the game and Boyd getting hurt sucked too. Give him some time to recover and the OL time to gel and I bet our offense will be doing way better the rest of the way.

Hope your right. Think we can all agree this team was just not ready today. Blame the coaching, players, plenty to go around. So many bad decisions by both players and coaches. Hopefully they got the shitty game out of the way. We’re on to Dallas. Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
They went empty a lot without even giving the Oline a chance to settle in or at least see if they could handle the Steelers rush. That was what made me think they were over confident and the playcalling didn't help given the lack of preseason snaps.

For once I would have preferred a more conservative game plan to give everyone a shot to get a rhythm.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:04 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Hope your right. Think we can all agree this team was just not ready today. Blame the coaching, players, plenty to go around. So many bad decisions by both players and coaches. Hopefully they got the shitty game out of the way. We’re on to Dallas. Who-Dey!

Dallas looks worse than we did.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Highsmith
Yep. There were quite a few plays where theboressure coming thru Volson caused Burrow to run into the rushing ends on either side.

The left side of the line was definitely horrible today and Jonah had an off day. However, I suspect his off day had alot to do with zero trust or chemistry with Volson.

My biggest problem with Collins was him letting TJ fall back and jump up. He needed to be staying engaged with him vs sitting back. Otherwise, he did OK against TJ. Not perfect but OK.

To say Burrow had an off day is an understatement. We had no business being in that game at -5 but the D kept us in it and the offense got some things going in the 2nd half.

We can't expect to win with that many turnovers coupled with the number of sacks given up and still, this team had enough grit to keep fighting and almost pulled it off.

It's one game. Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt us later, but I think we will come back from it. Until they show different, this team doesn't appear to quit. They keep coming. And I think they will review the tape, corrent some things and come back out swinging.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote