Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your top 10 favorite bengals ever
(06-17-2022, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing that made me like VB more than most was the number of folks in the draft forum that said he'd "never play a down" in the NFL. 

He was a beast and I'm not one to use that term a lot. 

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

He was definitely a monster early on. Just never available. I just went and looked and man, he missed a ton of games. I didn't remember it being that bad. He averaged 10 games per season. 
Reply/Quote
Hmmm.....

Kenny
Boomer
Burrow
Andy
Rudi johnson
Fulcher
Munoz
Walter
Braham
Big Whit
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Of all the threads to use as my first post haha (been lurking since the bengals.com boards) and shifted over. Ill just say thank you to Bengalholic since I feel thats a must! Also an enormous thank you to all of you that take the time to post!

I will represent the slightly younger crowd but I became a fan during the awesome 2005 season while in grade 8 learning about fantasy football in Canada and these random Bengals I drafted where killing it.

By order (by memory) of falling in love with:

1. Carson Palmer (even though that changed and soured, still the main reason I became a Bengals fan)
2. Chad Johnson Ochocinco
3. TJ Housh
4. Reggie Nelson
5. Geno
6. AJ (my bengals jersey I still rock!)
7. Vontaze Burfict
8. Carlos Dunlap
9. Joe Burr
10. Chase

I should of had Big Whit, but to be honest I only appreciate lineman more as I age and took his quality for granted over the years.
Reply/Quote
David Fulcher
Anthony Munoz
Boomer
Corey Dillon
Rudi Johnson
Chad Johnson
Geno Atkins
Reggie Nelson
AJ Green
Ja'marr Chase

Burrow and Hendrickson will probably replace Green and Nelson in a year or two.
Reply/Quote
I tried making a list but I kept having "oh ya, that guy" moments. I think my top 10 has 40 people in it.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow x5 Ja'maar Chase x5
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 12:02 AM)basballguy Wrote: I tried making a list but I kept having "oh ya, that guy" moments.  I think my top 10 has 40 people in it.

No doubt it's hard. 10 I loved but haven't seen listed:

Bobbie Williams

Jeremi Johnson

Issac Curtis

Eddie Edwards

Eric Thomas

Brian Simmons

Levi Jones (fought Jerry Porter and his whole "posse"" to a draw)

Germaine Gresham

(TouchDown) Eddie Brown

Leon Hall
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing that made me like VB more than most was the number of folks in the draft forum that said he'd "never play a down" in the NFL. 

He was a beast and I'm not one to use that term a lot. 

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I liked watching him break Leveon Bells leg and mangle ABs brains...
Reply/Quote
Chad
Burfict
Whitworth
Geno
Reggie nelson
Leon hall
TJ Houshmandzadeh
Dunlap
Willie Anderson
Dhani Jones

Only went for players I've actually seen play.wasnt born when the Ken's, munoz, Curtis, boomer played for us
Reply/Quote
I'll list only the players that I actually watched:

1. Chad Johnson
2. Joe Burrow
3. AJ Green
4. Geno Atkins
5. TJ Houshmandzadeh
6. Willie Anderson
7. Andrew Whitworth
8. Domata Peko
9. Leon Hall
10. Reggie Nelson

I did my best to keep it to players that are not currently on the team since it's hard to rank a player who's been with us for 1 or 2 years (like Chase and Higgins, although they are 2 of my favorite current Bengals) among the players you watched over 5 to 10 years.

I did make an exception for Burrow though, since he gave us the first playoff win and super bowl appearance of my (conscious) lifetime.
Reply/Quote
10. Leon Hall
9. Wilkinson
8. Jeremi Johnson
7. James Francis
6. Willie Anderson
5. Tony McGee
4. Burrow
3. John Copeland
2. Dunlap
1. Whitworth (favourite player ever)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
No specific order other than Chad being my all time favorite:

Chad
Willie
Housh
AJ
Geno
Whit
Tez
Nelson
Burrow
Chase

Yes - I’m already putting Burrow and Chase in there. They gave me the best season of my lifetime.

Honorable mention to Munoz the GOAT, but I don’t really remember watching him play, so I can’t say he’s a personal favorite.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He was definitely a monster early on. Just never available. I just went and looked and man, he missed a ton of games. I didn't remember it being that bad. He averaged 10 games per season. 

Iirc he lost something like $5 million in total from over 20 games due to suspensions. To think of the career he could have had if he could have controlled himself a little better…

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hmmm.....

Kenny
Boomer
Burrow
Andy
Rudi johnson
Fulcher
Munoz
Walter
Braham
Big Whit

This is quite a leap from not even wanting him as our starting QB in the middle of this past season… Tongue

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 12:26 AM)Tony Wrote: I liked watching him break Leveon Bells leg and mangle ABs brains...

There’s something seriously wrong with you.

Reply/Quote
Love all the Reggie Nelson mentions btw. :thumbsup:

Reply/Quote
I will say I was really high on Jordan Shipley. I thought he was going to be special.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Anderson
Riley
Burrow
Chad
Ickey
Brooks
Hendrickson
Fulcher
Krumrie
Kinnebrew
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 10:44 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not going to lie.  I loved Vontaze when he was at his best.  Dude played his position at a level that not many linebackers have ever attained.  He was an absolute terror.

Yep... He was a spitfire. He was on a mission to prove the league wrong in 2012, and he balled out in 2013. The shine wore off really fast though. He missed most of 2014 with concussions and knee surgery. He won and lost the wildcard game in 2015 then followed that up by being a bloated characture of himself for the remainder of his time... Then JuJu flattened him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 01:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love all the Reggie Nelson mentions btw. ThumbsUp

I had a hard time keeping Reggie and Leon Hall off my list. This would be cool if we'd do a ten favorite by decades too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote