COOK
BURROW
BROOKS
MUNOZ
PARRISH
ANDERSON
OCHO
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 02:52 AM)jason Wrote: Yep... He was a spitfire. He was on a mission to prove the league wrong in 2012, and he balled out in 2013. The shine wore off really fast though. He missed most of 2014 with concussions and knee surgery. He won and lost the wildcard game in 2015 then followed that up by being a bloated characture of himself for the remainder of his time... Then JuJu flattened him.

I love him because I was tired of Steelers being cheap shot artists, and then acting and talking like they are the tough guys.  Enter Burfict "Hold my beer".
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 01:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Iirc he lost something like $5 million in total from over 20 games due to suspensions. To think of the career he could have had if he could have controlled himself a little better…

Speaking of:

[Image: Odell_Thurman.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 02:52 AM)jason Wrote: Yep... He was a spitfire. He was on a mission to prove the league wrong in 2012, and he balled out in 2013. The shine wore off really fast though. He missed most of 2014 with concussions and knee surgery. He won and lost the wildcard game in 2015 then followed that up by being a bloated characture of himself for the remainder of his time... Then JuJu flattened him.

Not entirely true. 2017 saw a dip in production, but he was still pretty good...

… but 2016 he was phenomenal, arguably the best year of his career; had he been available for all games that year, think he would've set career highs for all his stats.

'18 was a complete disaster...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
In no particular order:

Ken Anderson
Isaac Curtis
Anthony Munoz
Boomer
James Brooks
Tin Krumrie
Geno Atkins
Reggie Williams
TJ
Joe Burrow

Special mention: Boobie Clark. I was like, 5, and his name was Boobie.

Just missed: David Fulcher, Coy Bacon, Ross Browner, Eddie Edwards, Jim Breech, Pat McInally, Ken Riley, Whit, Parrish, Trumpy, Max Montoya.

This crop needs a couple more years before Boyd, Higgins, Chase, Hendrickson, L. Wilson, Reader & co start popping up.
Reply/Quote
Great thread. My list may be unusual. It's my list.

Steve "Herc" Chomyszak. DT from the early years. My roommate used to work out with him and he had stories. Herc used to roam the city looking for all you can eat buffets. Had to find new ones because ownership never let him return.

Mike Reid. Second best 3-tech DT we've ever had. Dominant defensive player for 5 years, then walked away for a music career while he still had all ten fingers. Dude had his priorities straight. Also had a couple of pretty good country songs.

Tommy Casanova. Same as Reid. Substitute free safety/punt returner for position, med school for music career.

Reggie Williams. Guy almost lost a leg for us.

Ken Dyer. Worse than Reggie. Look him up if you don't know his story.

David Fulcher. I invited him to speak at a men's event at our church. Great message -- faith, family, football -- no charge. Afterward he autographed photos for $10 for a foundation to benefit his wife's chronic health condition. Also, he almost skulled me with an errant tee shot on the Grizzly. But I don't hold it against him.

Tim Krumrie. He doesn't get hurt, we beat SF. Stayed in the locker room with a shattered ankle watching the rest of the game.

Boomer. Lay down in front of buses.

Kevin Kaesviharn. He was teaching PE when the Bengals signed him mid-season and he became a starter on a horrible team. I was driving through Pennsylvania listening to Steelers build a lead over the Bengals on Shittsburgh radio, and Myron Cope made fun of him throughout the game. "Looks like the gym teacher forgot to prepare his lesson. Har-har." Got to my in-laws house just in time to see Pelfrey (I think) kick the winning FG.

Keith Rucker. DT from my alma mater, Ohio Wesleyan, who had a brief NFL run. I met him in the autograph tent before a game. He was so excited to be recognized by a fellow Battling Bishop, he wrote all over the back of my hat.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 07:29 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: mine no order

andrew whitworth
ken anderson
bob trumpy
eddie edwards
isaac curtic
anthony munoz
jim leclair
reggiec williams
jim breech
tim krumrie

Munoz
Krumrie
Ken Anderson
Boomer
Isaac Curtis (Rice befor Rice)
Whit
Housh (loved how clutch he was on 3rd downs and how he cleaned his cleats with the piss towel)
Sam Hubbard (this guy isn't the greatest pass rusher but he works his ass off every offseason to become as great as he can be)
Trey Hendrickson (only been here a year but love the dude, amazing pass rusher with crazy effort)
Ja'Marr Chase (the guy could be the greatest ever, not even kidding, amazing balance/speed ratio)

Honorable mention: Logan Wilson my boy from Wyoming. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 12:02 AM)basballguy Wrote: I tried making a list but I kept having "oh ya, that guy" moments.  I think my top 10 has 40 people in it.

Same
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 01:16 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Kevin Kaesviharn.  He was teaching PE when the Bengals signed him mid-season and he became a starter on a horrible team.  I was driving through Pennsylvania listening to Steelers build a lead over the Bengals on Shittsburgh radio, and Myron Cope made fun of him throughout the game.  "Looks like the gym teacher forgot to prepare his lesson.  Har-har."  Got to my in-laws house just in time to see Pelfrey (I think) kick the winning FG.

Kevin Kaesviharn went from a TV-movie story (High school teacher to NFL) to a damn good safety in his 5 years with the Bengals.  His last season here he had 6 ints, 4 sacks, 64 tackles and a forced fumble.  He got a 4 year $10 million contract from the Saints which was very good money back in '07.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 01:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s something seriously wrong with you.

There is something wrong with you, if you don't think tons of people enjoy the viciousness. The NFL was built on it...
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 03:15 PM)Tony Wrote: There is something wrong with you, if you don't think tons of people enjoy the viciousness. The NFL was built on it...

That’s not quite what he said. There is a difference between enjoying the physicality of the game, and openly claiming that you love seeing opposing players have their leg broken and brains scrambled.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 03:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That’s not quite what he said. There is a difference between enjoying the physicality of the game, and openly claiming that you love seeing opposing players have their leg broken and brains scrambled.

These guys are out here trying to injure each other on every play, I choose to enjoy it for what it is, like a boxer getting knocked out..
Reply/Quote
Curtis
Anderson
Coy Bacon
Munoz
Trumpy
Lapham
James Brooks
Mike Reid
Cassanova
Braham
No particular order.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 01:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love all the Reggie Nelson mentions btw. ThumbsUp

Loved The Predator too. At least that is what I called Reggie. Smirk

He was a Stealer killer and a great Safety for us. Could hit hard but was clean and could cover and pick guys off.

Think I remember he had 10 Ints in 2015 and led the league.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 07:29 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: mine no order

andrew whitworth
ken anderson
bob trumpy
eddie edwards
isaac curtic
anthony munoz
jim leclair
reggiec williams
jim breech
tim krumrie
Here we Go: 

Ken Anderson
Cris Collinsworth
Ken Riley
Pete Johnson
Anthony Munoz
Ickey Woods
Carson Palmer
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Joe Burrow
Ja'Marr Chase
Reply/Quote
Depends on if I had to watch them play or not.

Guys I really like that we’re before my time:
Ken Anderson
Ickey Woods
Anthony Munoz

Guys from my time watching the team:

Chad Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
AJ Green
Joe Burrow
Geno Atkins
JaMarr Chase
Andy Dalton
Willie Anderson
Carson Palmer
TJ Houshmandzadeh (Wow I can still spell that right)
Rudi Johnson

I did love me some Carlos Dunlap but his exit kind of soured me on him. Moreso than Palmer.

Random guys I always really liked even though they didn’t have big seasons or stay with the team for a long period (*this turned into favorites that aren’t in my top 10. Though there’s still plenty of guys that fit the original description)

Reggie Kelly
Jerome Simpson
Jon Kitna
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Robert Geathers
Clint Boling - hate he retired so young
Shayne Graham
Domata Pero
Chris Henry
Marvin Jones
Dhani Jones
Brian Leonard
Jordan Palmer
Terrell Owens - this guy was phenomenal and could have should have probably had a few more seasons past his final one in the league although that’s mostly his fault.
Andrew Hawkins
Vontaze Burfict
Pacman Jones
Rex Burkhead
Mohamed Sanu
Michael Johnson
Reggie Nelson
CJ Uzomah - where was he before last season. I felt like he was just a guy until our Super Bowl run then he was suddenly a vocal leader.

Random thing I remember looking through old rosters. Getting Green-Ellis and him being known for holding onto the rock and naturally starts fumbling when he came here lol.

The screw those guys club
Cedric O
Vontaze Burfict - yes it’s a love/hate with him
Kevin Zeitler
Odell Thurman - throwing away what could have been a good career
Every Center Between Rich and Hopkins
Jonathan Joseph - leaving then beating us in the playoffs iirc
Antonio Bryant - Does he even qualify as a bengal?
Pacman Jones
Trae Wayne’s
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 04:25 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Depends on if I had to watch them play or not.

Guys I really like that we’re before my time:
Ken Anderson
Ickey Woods
Anthony Munoz

Guys from my time watching the team:

Chad Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
AJ Green
Joe Burrow
Geno Atkins
JaMarr Chase
Andy Dalton
Willie Anderson
Carson Palmer
TJ Houshmandzadeh (Wow I can still spell that right)
Rudi Johnson

I did love me some Carlos Dunlap but his exit kind of soured me on him. Moreso than Palmer.

Random guys I always really liked even though they didn’t have big seasons or stay with the team for a long period (*this turned into favorites that aren’t in my top 10. Though there’s still plenty of guys that fit the original description)

Reggie Kelly
Jerome Simpson
Jon Kitna
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Robert Geathers
Clint Boling - hate he retired so young
Shayne Graham
Domata Pero
Chris Henry
Marvin Jones
Dhani Jones
Brian Leonard
Jordan Palmer
Terrell Owens - this guy was phenomenal and could have should have probably had a few more seasons past his final one in the league although that’s mostly his fault.
Andrew Hawkins
Vontaze Burfict
Pacman Jones
Rex Burkhead
Mohamed Sanu
Michael Johnson
Reggie Nelson
CJ Uzomah - where was he before last season. I felt like he was just a guy until our Super Bowl run then he was suddenly a vocal leader.

Random thing I remember looking through old rosters. Getting Green-Ellis and him being known for holding onto the rock and naturally starts fumbling when he came here lol.

The screw those guys club
Cedric O
Vontaze Burfict - yes it’s a love/hate with him
Kevin Zeitler
Odell Thurman - throwing away what could have been a good career
Every Center Between Rich and Hopkins
Jonathan Joseph - leaving then beating us in the playoffs iirc
Antonio Bryant - Does he even qualify as a bengal?
Pacman Jones
Trae Wayne’s

We had a solid center in between Rich and Hopkins... Kyle Cook. I liked him better than Hopkins honestly. I also agree with you on Vontaze Burfict. I loved his play from 2012 til the moment he hit Antonio Brown in the head. With a better work ethic and a head on his shoulders, he could've been great.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Kenny Anderson: is still my favorite Bengal of all time. Of course I was a kid when he was playing so.

Pete Johnson: Always loved the way he ran over people.

Chad Johnson: Was a giant player in putting Bengals back on the map. Got out of control down the line but still love him.

Tim Krumrie: Loved his heart !

Big Whit: Put it on tape, standing up for Andy, so on.

Ickey Woods: Just has to be on list, just a magical time to be a Bengals Fan.

Anthony Munoz: Bengals Legend

Ken Riley: Both Kens should be in HOF

Reggie Williams: Loved him back in da day

David Fulcher: I'd watch the Bengals just to see him play.

There's like a dozen more at 10B and I'm sure some current players will move up my list soon.
Reply/Quote
Chad
David Fulcher (got his sig at El Coyote when I was a kid)
Corey Dillon
Sam Wyche
Reggie Nelson
Vonn Bell
Big Willie
Big Whit
Geno
Joe Burrow

I wanted to throw Tommy Casanova’s name in there from all the fishing stories my father has told me about the guy, but I never got to see him play myself. I bet he’s in dad’s top 10 though!
Reply/Quote
No particular order..

Corey Dillon
Joe Burrow
AJ Green
TJ Whose Your Mama
Chad Johnson
Ja'Marr Chase
Jeff Blake
Rudi Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
Leon Hall