Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2021, 08:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: Mo Eggar had a good analogy on Wiilie Cunningham's show when asked about Chase vs Sewell. He said it like there's 2 supermodels, and you get first pick...I will be happy with whatever is left.

When you have approach approach conflict it feels like a win-win but not in actuality.  It will take time and confirmation bias to kick in otherwise as they say the grass is greener in the other side of the fence
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not certain of this but I believe if Chase is drafted by the Bengals this will be the first quarterback wide receiver tandem that were superstars that played in college together that ended up together in the NFL. At least early in their careers.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, we're more strongly linked to Chase. The Packers are now in play if they get the 3rd pick for Rodgers, and the Falcons have said Julio Jones is available.

I'm looking at your list again... so I guess Boomer and Chad never took a side, huh?  They have bigger platforms than anyone and they're not exactly shy with their opinions. I don't know what to make of that. It's interesting. 
Reply/Quote
This is the most exciting and intriguing draft we've had in a very long time. I'm excited to see how it plays out. No matter who we take we are primed to end up with an impact player.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude, Darrisaw is the only one who NEEDED to play in order to be a 1st round pick. "Free"... lol... if he was a guaranteed top-10 pick (or even a guaranteed 1st round pick), he wouldn't have played in 2020. Instead he played, was first team ACC, and now is a fringe 1st rounder.

Okey Dokey
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
All but certain it will be Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:48 PM)Yogo Wrote: Just wondering.  All the Team Chase fans, would you be okay or upset if we selected Smith or Waddle instead as our 1st round WR?  Is there any difference among the Tier 1 WRs?  Would you be just as happy?

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll NO!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:09 PM)Synric Wrote: [*]

On Bucky Brooks top 5 OT on he has Darrisaw at 3 and on this pros its Agressive and Finishes plays /w nastiness lol. It's on the NFL Network draft day ticker.

I dont see the doesnt finish plays deal and I've watched a ton of Darrisaw. Several plays he is blocking guys through the whistle like the play vs NC when hes pushing Chazz Surrat 15 yards down the field.
[*]

It's the nature of the beast around here. It's not enough to like "your guy" you have to criticize the other guy. 

I'd love to se Sewell at #5 OA. But I'm not going to poke holes in another to do so, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would think the first two picks will be quick ones, and probably the third also.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I sort of feel sorry for Frank Pollack. I expect the Bengals to take an edge player and round two but I'm hoping they can resist this temptation and bring in back-to-back o-line.

2nd and 3rd rounds?

I ask that as it was pointed out today that an additional sign to us taking Chase is the fact that Pollack was at EVERY Pro Day for tackles expected to go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, i.e. skill player in round 1, OL in rounds 2 and/or 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Christian Darrisaw is potentially the best offensive tackle in the draft class. In his 3 years he has just over 1100 pass protection reps and gave up only 3 sacks and 1.5 of those came in his first game as a true freshman against one of the better NFL pass rushers Brian Burns. He has the second best PFF score ever behind Penei Sewell and he did it against NFL caliber competiton alot of guys you will see drafted this year and future top picks like Clemsons Myles Murphy. Believe it or not even with those numbers he is a better run blocker than pass blocker his Miami tape is a clinic on zone blocking... Also one of my favorite things about him is that he has 3 penalties over his last two seasons.

You can write him off because of high school academics which he went to a military academy and mentioned how it helped him grow up or a minor core muscle injury he played through and had surgery in the off-season.

Bust.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I would think the first two picks will be quick ones, and probably the third also.

Nope.  The Shield likes the "drama" of it, which is why the #1OA pick cannot sign before the draft anymore, and why they take virtually the entire clock before saying "The Pick Is In".
Reply/Quote
Who dey, boys! Popping open my beer now. This board makes the draft even more fun.
Reply/Quote
Could Rodgers end up with the Broncos?

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Could Rodgers end up with the Broncos?

WHAT
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not certain of this but I believe if Chase is drafted by the Bengals this will be the first quarterback wide receiver tandem that were superstars that played in college together that ended up together in the NFL. At least early in their careers.

Earl Bennett and Jay Cutler played together early on. Both of those guys were First Team All SEC together in 2005. Neither were studs in the NFL, but they did play together with the Bears.
Reply/Quote
Gotta love Rodgers petty revenge to take a dump all over the packers on draft day like the packers did to him last year. Admirable.
Reply/Quote

Woah...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Crazy. Curious what the return would be after seeing how much Stafford commanded.

I also saw a crazy rumor that New Orleans offered both Michael Thomas, Marshon Lattimore, along with a 1st, and a 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
The fruits of our labor...the largesse granted us for our steadfast PUNT FOR PENEII initiative.

These nights...these nights are our Super Bowls, brethren and sistren.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote