Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams from Booger McFarland
Thought i'd throw this tweet from Collinsworth in here. Damn good start for both guys.

Cris Collinsworth
@CollinsworthPFF
·
12m
Rookie tackles Rashawn Slater & Penei Sewell BOTH have allowed zero sacks this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  You can't argue that this team is horrible based on just two games and at the same time claim we can't judge Johah Williams based on his good play against top pass rushers.

2. The draft picks we are counting on are from this year. They should be ready by next year.

3. We may not have to use our #1 pick next season. In the past 3 years the Bengals have traded for a starting OT and signed multiple other O-linemen with starting experience including the 10th highest paid RT.

i dont think most of us questions Williams Ability on the field.. just his potential Availability and the need for quality depth cause of it.

10th highest paid RT is on a 1 year rental. with the same depth concerns
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont think anyone of us questions Williams Ability on the field.. just his potential Availability and the need for quality depth cause of it.

10th highest paid RT is on a 1 year rental.

10th highest paid RT will be gone next year in attempts to find a team that'll make the playoffs and potentially a SB. 

So we'll either be starting Carmen at RT or Smith next year if our OL that we draft this year will be ready next year.  

So again a remade offensive line.  When do we get stability?  If you look at our good OL's they played together 2-3 years if not longer. 

I couldn't tell you the last time we had an OL that played that long together.  
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 10th highest paid RT is on a 1 year rental. with the same depth concerns

So what? You don't think he has helped improve the offensive line?

There have been many cases where another team has signed a top free agent to a one year deal and the fans complain about the Bengals not doing it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/dave-lapham-weighs-in-on-the-state-of-the-bengals-offensive-line
Lap sees the issue with the line.... Interesting he didn't blame the RB and TE's.

The first line of his quote was literally...

"There were a couple of twists and a little TE stunts that they didn't pick up well enough. "

Nobody is saying the OL is blame free.  However, the backs and TE's have also been an issue, especially in the opener.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So what? You don't think he has helped improve the offensive line?

There have been many cases where another team has signed a top free agent to a one year deal and the fans complain about the Bengals not doing it. 

No personally I like Reiff.  I think he's done a good job.  I haven't said one bad word about Reiff or Jonah.  

However, I've called out people who think Frank Pollack can polish a turn and turn it into gold overnight.  

As i've said many of times, the lack of talent on this OL is telling.  Evidently, the rookies we drafted aren't better than XSF or Spain so we can "hope" they'll be ready by next season.   

I'd take back Reiff next season, if he wants to come back.  However, at 34/35 yo that dudes gonna wanna try and play for a ring and next season this Bengals team has 0 chance at a ring unless they bring in a quality coach, add veterans to the OL, and give Burrow time to throw.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 02:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hop and XSF have been the weak links haven't they ?

Hop bounced back Sunday mainly bc of less 1v1s but XSF and Jonah were both really bad
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:58 AM)Whatever Wrote: The first line of his quote was literally...

"There were a couple of twists and a little TE stunts that they didn't pick up well enough. "

Nobody is saying the OL is blame free.  However, the backs and TE's have also been an issue, especially in the opener.  

He wasn't talking about the TE specifically, he was talking about the DLine stunts to the strong side. And he wasn't focused on sacks he was focused on the pocket. Oline is responsible for picking up stunts. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:45 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Thought i'd throw this tweet from Collinsworth in here. Damn good start for both guys.

Cris Collinsworth
@CollinsworthPFF
·
12m
Rookie tackles Rashawn Slater & Penei Sewell BOTH have allowed zero sacks this season.

How long can we expect these obnoxious updates about players that aren’t even on our team? Is this going to continue all season? (rhetorical question I know it will)

But hey, I’m sure there’s some Lions fans online somewhere crying about having no real weapons at WR that would love to have Chase…

Considering they’re 0-2 I’m sure there are.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How long can we expect these obnoxious updates about players that aren’t even on our team? Is this going to continue all season? (rhetorical question I know it will)

But hey, I’m sure there’s some Lions fans online somewhere crying about having no real weapons at WR that would love to have Chase…

lions seem to have more issue on Defense...
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How long can we expect these obnoxious updates about players that aren’t even on our team? Is this going to continue all season? (rhetorical question I know it will)

Lions are rebuilding. I think their fans know. They'll get their shiny toys in the final stage of the rebuild, after the lines and defense are built. 

Interesting though that when certain players were struggling they were brought up and we were updated without any pushback.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lions seem to have more issue on Defense...

Anzalone is pretty horrible.   Barnes should be getting playing time eventually, as it can't be much worse than AA. 
Reply/Quote
And I do applaud those on a certain side for not starting a thread after these weeks of seeing Burrow reinjured claiming a certain side was dead. It only took 1 week for the other side to. So I do see some progress.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:48 AM)TJ528 Wrote: 10th highest paid RT will be gone next year in attempts to find a team that'll make the playoffs and potentially a SB. 

So why exactly has Rieff suddenly decided to care about a Super Bowl when he didnt 3 months ago.

And why did he tell you and no one else?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: And I do applaud those on a certain side for not starting a thread after these weeks of seeing Burrow reinjured claiming a certain side was dead. It only took 1 week for the other side to. So I do see some progress.

Oh please. Where was your applause for no one bumping your ridiculous “will we regret drafting Chase” thread after he balled out week one?

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lions seem to have more issue on Defense...

They have plenty of issues, but I challenge you to name me 3 of their WR’s without looking it up…

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 01:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. Where was your applause for no one bumping your ridiculous “will we regret drafting Chase” thread after he balled out week one?

An applause wasn't required because RIPTEAMSEWELL was created. I'm sure if it wasn't created the regret thread would have been bumped.

And was it ridiculous? It was a national conversation and a 60 page thread.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 01:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They have plenty of issues, but I challenge you to name me 3 of their WR’s without looking it up…

Who cares about their wideouts. An elite QB as you told us from 2015-2019 makes the wideout. Not the other way around. They'll get their wideouts at the proper time of the rebuild. 

***Whispers*** Lions have scored more points this season then the Bengals with our elite wideouts.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 01:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They have plenty of issues, but I challenge you to name me 3 of their WR’s without looking it up…

As i dont follow them at all and marvin jones jr left i dont know any right now lol
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 01:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: An applause wasn't required because RIPTEAMSEWELL was created. I'm sure if it wasn't created the regret thread would have been bumped.

And was it ridiculous? It was a national conversation and a 60 page thread.

Blah blah blah

Chase is a Bengal, and Sewell isn’t. The “Team Sewell” shit is ridiculous at this point.

But then again I’m talking to a guy with a sig pimping another team’s coach…

Reply/Quote