Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
There is concern for Logan Wilison's injury
(10-16-2022, 10:42 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Conway is an absolutely awful “journalist”

Amount of times she’s tweeted things trying to be first especially on plays during the game and getting it massively wrong is shocking.

Then again she works for that rag Enquirer so you’re hardly going to get decent coverage out of that lot.

As for Wilson we do have cover but fingers crossed it’s just taken a bang and they are being cautious.

I'm praying that's the case.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pure speculation from Conway there. Nobody knows anything yet.

And stripehype used the same tweet quoted in the OP.  Kelsey is the only Bengals reporter saying anything about Logan's injury.  She didn't name or even hint she had a source for her statement.  Heck, I said essentially the same thing in the gameday thread.  There is a concern because it is the same shoulder injury last season.  There is concern that he could be lost for some time.  However, what she never said was this concern was coming from inside the locker room.  

I think what is equally important to remember as we speculate, is that no other reporter has mentioned his injury.  If there were rumors floating around of significant time off in the locker room, others would have picked it up by now and they haven't.  No one mentioned seeing him in a sling or a brace.  

We will know more tomorrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:28 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: https://stripehype.com/posts/bengals-get-bad-news-regarding-logan-wilson-injury-01gfhg2yzqr9

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/10/16/23407676/logan-wilson-injury-update-bengals-news-shoulder-linebacker

Thanks.

So, they're both from Kelsey Conway and the "real concern" is coming from her, same as the tweet in the OP. 

Could be bad, but i'm not going to really "worry" until there's a report from the team. It's all media opinion and conjecture until then.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:38 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: You're correct that it is pure speculation from Conway, but I think it'd be unprofessional to just state something like that without knowing something for a fact.  As far as Bailey, he's OK and can get the job done, but we went through this last year and he's just above average in my book.  ADG, I think the jury is still out on him.

(10-16-2022, 10:42 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Conway is an absolutely awful “journalist”

Amount of times she’s tweeted things trying to be first especially on plays during the game and getting it massively wrong is shocking.

Then again she works for that rag Enquirer so you’re hardly going to get decent coverage out of that lot.

As for Wilson we do have cover but fingers crossed it’s just taken a bang and they are being cautious.

That's the lovely media these days. It's all about being first and clicks, facts and truth be damned. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Scour the waiver wire for LB help immediately.

Hopefully he’ll be back soon but we don’t have any good options in-house.

For real? We forgetting how well Markus Bailey played last year after Wilson went down, Clay Johnston in post season spots and this preseason, and we have Davis -Gaither healthy? Who we gonna find in waiver wire better than that? In my opinion, LB is the group with the least amount of depth concerns
Reply/Quote
Since there's no official word, and people are speculating, I'll add my thoughts. If it's the same shoulder that he had surgery on, it could possibly be some scar tissue tearing loose. I know from personal experience that when scar tissue rips loose, it feels like it's injured again. That happened to me while rehabbing from having my shoulder rebuit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I agree with this. She is bad. Even the wording of the Logan Wilson tweet is just odd. Like is that her opinion, or is there actual "concern"? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It would suck to lose Wilson; he is one of my favorite players on our defense. But we at least have decent depth at LB with Bailey and Bachie. Both looked good last year. Hopefully the issue with Wilson isn't season ending.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:13 AM)Garrus Wrote: It would suck to lose Wilson; he is one of my favorite players on our defense. But we at least have decent depth at LB with Bailey and Bachie. Both looked good last year. Hopefully the issue with Wilson isn't season ending.

agreed, I m more ocncerned over our DT situation if Topou is sidelined for a while..although Tufele looked solid in there ww still need more depth 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:19 AM)kalibengal Wrote: agreed, I m more ocncerned over our DT situation if Topou is sidelined for a while..although Tufele looked solid in there ww still need more depth 

Yeah, it's too bad Shelvin hasn't panned out. We could really use him. Depending on how bad his calf injury is, we may need to look at bringing in a FA. Not sure if any decent NTs are available. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:29 AM)Garrus Wrote: Yeah, it's too bad Shelvin hasn't panned out. We could really use him. Depending on how bad his calf injury is, we may need to look at bringing in a FA. Not sure if any decent NTs are available. 

As has been said our next two opponents are #1 and #3 in rushing yards. They need to do something up front. The Brown D has been awful and if you can hold their running in check they're a very beatable team.

The Falcons are awful in pass D if we can score early and limit their rush yards we can beat them.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to Logan that he's okay and recovers quickly if he misses time. He's definitely a motor and stud on our defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:39 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: As has been said our next two opponents are #1 and #3 in rushing yards. They need to do something up front. The Brown D has been awful and if you can hold their running in check they're a very beatable team.

The Falcons are awful in pass D if we can score early and limit their rush yards we can beat them.

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-2022-nfl-free-agents-list/

According to this list from last week, there are talented players still not signed.

Sheldon Richardson
Linval Joseph
Kengsley Keke
Malcom Brown
Malik Jackson
Ndamukong Suh

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If needed, I think Ossai is versatile enough to get linebacker snaps. Before playing edge his final year in college, he filled more of a linebacker role.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:28 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: https://stripehype.com/posts/bengals-get-bad-news-regarding-logan-wilson-injury-01gfhg2yzqr9

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/10/16/23407676/logan-wilson-injury-update-bengals-news-shoulder-linebacker

Both of those links are referring to the same Conway tweet which doesn't provide much info.  ReferencingLeigh Oleszczak is never a good option - straight fangirl that regurgitates twitter.

Reply/Quote
Somebody with her number needs to call Kay and tell her to come attend to our Linebacker....
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:34 PM)TheFan Wrote: Joe Bachie is back now as well isn't he? 

Not yet.

(10-17-2022, 08:27 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: For real? We forgetting how well Markus Bailey played last year after Wilson went down, Clay Johnston in post season spots and this preseason, and we have Davis -Gaither healthy? Who we gonna find in waiver wire better than that? In my opinion, LB is the group with the least amount of depth concerns

Thank you; thought we would've had a thread full of those forgetting about Bailey, who has been an excellent bench guy and did well when thrust into starting/playing more snaps, last year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:25 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: For real?  We forgetting how well Markus Bailey played last year after Wilson went down, Clay Johnston in post season spots and this preseason, and we have Davis -Gaither healthy?  Who we gonna find in waiver wire better than that?  In my opinion, LB is the group with the least amount of depth concerns

Yep and it really has nothing to do with who's better in the waiver wire as you want somebody that knows the defense and has played full speed in this defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:29 AM)Garrus Wrote: Yeah, it's too bad Shelvin hasn't panned out. We could really use him. Depending on how bad his calf injury is, we may need to look at bringing in a FA. Not sure if any decent NTs are available. 

Sign Ndamukong Suh, this guy is a head case comparable to Burfict,  but he's a monster on the DL. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:23 PM)Synric Wrote: Germaine Pratt will move to MLB and ADG will play OLB.

Pratt had a LOT of tackles statistically, but was out of place several times and really needs to work on his awareness. 
Reply/Quote