Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let’s go Steelers?
(01-02-2023, 02:34 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The Steelers would face bills or bengals in the first round.
7 vs 2
6 vs 3
5 vs 4

And just how do you see the Squeelers achieving a higher seed than 7?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 03:41 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: And just how do you see the Squeelers achieving a higher seed than 7?

They can only be 7 at best. I think he is expecting the Bengals to win tonight and KC to hold on to the #1 seed meaning either Bengals or Bills would be #2 depending on next week and thus playing the Squeelers.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 04:02 AM)cinci4life Wrote: They can only be 7 at best. I think he is expecting the Bengals to win tonight and KC to hold on to the #1 seed meaning either Bengals or Bills would be #2 depending on next week and thus playing the Squeelers.

Close. Even if the bengals win out, and the chiefs falter next week, the bills own the head to head tie breaker over KC.

So the only way that KC gets the two seed is if they lose and bills lose both or the next games.

I guess it’s possible, just highly unlikely.

Bengals win out 13-4
Chiefs lose finish 13-4
Bills lose out finish 12-5

More likely, if bengals secure one seed;
Bengals 13-4
Bills 13-4 (own head to head over chiefs and beat pats)
Chiefs 13-4

Bengals win out, chiefs and bills win week 18
Chiefs 14-3
Bengals 13-4
Bills 13-4

If the bengals lose tonight, then yea, likely KC v Steelers. But I’m not talking about a bengals loss tonight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hang on, I hear someone around here is working on a plan for an asteroid to crush Kenny Pickett.

Hey, I told you that in confidence. We'll see if I ever trust you again.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bengals are the AFC Champions who took down Kansas City three times and Tennessee twice in the past calendar year. The Bengals beat everyone else in the playoff hunt as well like the Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots. Tonight Cincinnati will match up well with Buffalo.

Why are people afraid of the Steelers? This isn’t 2005. This isn’t 2009. This isn’t even 2015.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 10:09 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals are the AFC Champions who took down Kansas City three times and Tennessee twice in the past calendar year.  The Bengals beat everyone else in the playoff hunt as well like the Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots.  Tonight Cincinnati will match up well with Buffalo.

Why are people afraid of the Steelers?  This isn’t 2005.  This isn’t 2009.  This isn’t even 2015.

Because the steelers are playing good ball late in the year and will be a tough out in the playoffs.  Because some of us cannot stomach another cincy team losing to the steelers in the playoffs again.  ANd because you can never count the steelers out.  Even when they were 3 or 4 games under .500, I told everyone they would maje some noise late and make it interesting.  ANd now, here they are.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If you mentioned you'd like to see the Steelers win this game, consider yourself "unfriended".

Collinsworth is the biggest Steelers fan there is and IDK why.

I got tired of listening to collinsworth slobber all over ben for years and now he does the same to pickett.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 10:42 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I got tired of listening to collinsworth slobber all over ben for years and now he does the same to pickett.  

A quick google search of "cris collinsworth on joe burrow" brings up years of videos and quotes from Cris on Burrow ranging from "off the charts" to "magical."

I hate the Steelers, but let's face facts...they have had a single losing season in the past 20 years and Ben was is a HOF QB and Pickett is a local Pittsburgh guy who is a rookie and the Steelers went from 2-6 to being 8-8 and in the playoff hunt.  Cris is a national broadcaster who has a job to promote the NFL, if you're expecting him to announce live on TV that a rookie QB having a game winning drive on the road in prime time against a hated division rival is "no big deal" you're going to set yourself up for disappointment.

Keep in mind, there was a rookie hometown QB that Cris Collinsworth slobbered over when he was nothing more than 1-2-1 as a starter in the NFL, and that QB was Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 10:38 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Because the steelers are playing good ball late in the year and will be a tough out in the playoffs.  Because some of us cannot stomach another cincy team losing to the steelers in the playoffs again.  ANd because you can never count the steelers out.  Even when they were 3 or 4 games under .500, I told everyone they would maje some noise late and make it interesting.  ANd now, here they are.  

Their last 5 wins combined for 32 wins and a scoring margin of +24

Our last five have combined for 43 wins with a scoring margin of +35

Steelers have a good run- but ours has been against better competition and with a higher scoring margin.

There is no reason to fear them. We hung 37 on them in their place without Chase and without Mixon for most of the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:01 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Their last 5 wins combined for 32 wins and a scoring margin of +24

Steelers have a good run- but ours has been against better competition and with a higher scoring margin.

There is no reason to fear them. We hung 37 on them in their place without Chase and without Mixon for most of the game.

I won't fear the Steelers as long as Burrow lives and is in stripes, but I'm also going to admit that I'm not too wild about seeing them going from 2-6 to 8-8 with a rookie QB.  If we are going to rag on folks for doubting the 2022 Bengals when they were 4-4 it's only fair to admit that our glee that the Steelers were going to finally have that 4 win season we've been waiting for decades was also a bit premature.

I'm not afraid of the Steelers, it'd just be nice if they actually sucked for a change.  I'll bet on the Bengals winning the AFC North in 2023 if you like, but at the same time I'll admit we had a head-start on the Steelers this year that we might not get next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:01 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Their last 5 wins combined for 32 wins and a scoring margin of +24

What kind of stats are those? lol 

Truth be told, both the Ravens and Steelers have elite defenses. Yes, their offenses are in shambles, but their defenses are good enough to keep them in games. 

Overall, we are better than both those teams, but there is just something about playing divisional opponents that puts the game on more of an equal playing field. I'd rather avoid playing a divisional opponent in the playoffs. Those games also tend to be much more physical, and it seems like someone always gets concussed or injured - it wouldn't set up great for a playoff run. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hang on, I hear someone around here is working on a plan for an asteroid to crush Kenny Pickett.

Vigorously.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)Leon Wrote: joking about things you wouyld find horrifying if the actualy happened aint very good jokes. 

Relax Francis...or Fred...or Leon...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:51 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: We just need to keep our focus and win.  Everything else will fall into place.   The only game I really don’t want first round is San Diego, b/c they’re probably playing the best football right now and they just got Bosa back.  Although, we’ve had success against them at home in the playoffs, but I’d rather play Jacksonville, New England or Miami first round.

BTW, Shitzburg is finished after next week win or lose against the Clowns b/c Miami will not lose to the Jets.

Steelers are in because they will beat the Browns and the Dolphins have no QB.
Reply/Quote
I'm not afraid of the Steelers or Ravens, thier offenses looked horrid last night. Kenny Pickett is garbage.. atleast Tyler Huntley has some skill set.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Steelers are in because they will beat the Browns and the Dolphins have no QB.

Neither do the Jets. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Steelers are in because they will beat the Browns and the Dolphins have no QB.

3-things need to happen/

Steelers beat Browns;
Jets beat Dolphins;
Bills beat New England;

All 3-could happen, but I think the Jets will be playing for a draft pick whereas Miami will play for a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Neither do the Jets. 

Yes, but the Jets defensive line is going to have a field day with that 3rd stringer.
Reply/Quote
My only concern with having to play the Steelers in the playoffs is headhunting and dealing with zebras. They are no match for the Bengals straight up and I would love to watch them get curb-stomped (metaphorically Leon, don't get your panties in a bunch), but I figure that if we have to play them, we're going to lose someone important for the playoff run.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What kind of stats are those? lol 

The kind that show their win streak is as much a mirage as the Dolphins 5 game win streak. Didn’t realize it was hard to comprehend. Barely beating bad opponents is not going to get them far.

Playing terrible opponents outside the Ravens (without Lamar though) and are barely beating them. If the Steelers get in, they will be out the door round 1 just like last year.
Reply/Quote