Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
I'm not sure I've seen this power of the many faced god yet....I think his followers may be more Leatherface than divinely empowered.

Now the god of light, he comes to play.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Stannis, with his Red Witch and the god of light, is the only force that can rival Dany (other than the White Walkers). I'm not sure the Boltons are anything, although if they defeat Stannis and absorb some of his army...

So unless the goal is to clear a path for Dany to battle the Walkers, I'm guessing Stannis prevails in Winterfell.

Although assuming the show will run just two more seasons, maybe they will get Stannis out of the way to focus on Dany and Jon consolidating everyone to defeat the Walkers.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:36 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm not sure I've seen this power of the many faced god yet....I think his followers may be more Leatherface than divinely empowered.

Now the god of light, he comes to play.

I dont know, being able to do this is some pretty deep magic ****. This is like Harry Potter without the potion.

[Image: ffc74923ed8b7d0210bbe1659926fc72.600x337x66.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont know, being able to do this is some pretty deep magic ****. This is like Harry Potter without the potion.

Just Leatherface meets quick change artist. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
If the white walkers can only come in winter, then is Dorne safe from their attack? Also if they cant swim...which I am assuming since they didnt follow after Jon in the bat, and the ones the giant threw into the sea disappeared...shouldnt all of Essos and the lands across the narrow sea be safe from white walkers?
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 12:46 AM)Beaker Wrote: If the white walkers can only come in winter, then is Dorne safe from their attack? Also if they cant swim...which I am assuming since they didnt follow after Jon in the bat, and the ones the giant threw into the sea disappeared...shouldnt all of Essos and the lands across the narrow sea be safe from white walkers?

If Dani can't be burned by fire, why doesn't she just have her dragons burn up all her enemies and walk around naked the whole show?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 12:46 AM)Beaker Wrote: If the white walkers can only come in winter, then is Dorne safe from their attack? Also if they cant swim...which I am assuming since they didnt follow after Jon in the bat, and the ones the giant threw into the sea disappeared...shouldnt all of Essos and the lands across the narrow sea be safe from white walkers?

White walkers bring the winter with them....

Also the white walkers might not be a threat in the other lands that we know of cause the story kinda focuses in Westros

that doesnt mean the citizens of Westros would be save accross the sea in any of those locations. Plus most dont believe the White Walkers Exist.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Now that Stannis has killed Shireen, that leaves him as the last of the Baratheon line. Yes, Tommen and his sister are considered Baratheons, but are bastards that may eventually be found out. Unless Stannis has another child, the Baratheon line dies with him.

Also, the Targyreon line is in trouble. Jon Snow may have Targyreon blood, but is a bastard also. Remeber Dany is barren after the witch cursed her and will have no more children. And unless the missing Aegon shows up. Her line will die with her also.

Bastards can be legitimized.... And Robert still has a few running around in the realm most notably.. Edric Storm who was highborn on both sides of the sheets but not in marriage.

But hes was omitted from the show.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 10:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: White walkers bring the winter with them....

Also the white walkers might not be a threat in the other lands that we know of cause the story kinda focuses in Westros

that doesnt mean the citizens of Westros would be save accross the sea in any of those locations.  Plus most dont believe the White Walkers Exist.

And I think in the books they attacked the boats.  I'd assume if they can fight, they'd also be capable of swimming (all that maybe depends on the ability of the person when they were alive).

Otherwise I'd assume the Walkers can spread as far as the Winter does.  Maybe they can't or don't use boats, but if seas freeze it would be easy to cross.

Also, let's say the Walkers somehow reanimate a dragon - would that dragon breathe ice? But on a more related note, since they can bring back people or animals, I look forward to some WW mammoths and giants.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 10:46 AM)Football Bender Wrote: Ran into an article about 8 top candidate that could win the Game of Thrones.  Number 1 was very interesting.

http://mashable.com/2015/06/04/game-thrones-winner-iron-throne/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedburner&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mashablefrance+%28Mashable%21+Francais%29

Totally forgot about the Vision.

[Image: vision.closeup.jpg]      +   [Image: Iron_Throne.jpg]  ?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doesnt really matter if Time warner is making billions or losing money..  If you like it enough you should pay for it.  I understand maybe pirating something to see if you like it but after that you should support the things you like.

I pirated it now I'm buying them HD on iTunes to watch with my gf

Also I have HBO and HBO Go yet I still watch the pirated video Mondays while I'm at work XD
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 11:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And I think in the books they attacked the boats.  I'd assume if they can fight, they'd also be capable of swimming (all that maybe depends on the ability of the person when they were alive).

Otherwise I'd assume the Walkers can spread as far as the Winter does.  Maybe they can't or don't use boats, but if seas freeze it would be easy to cross.

Also, let's say the Walkers somehow reanimate a dragon - would that dragon breathe ice? But on a more related note, since they can bring back people or animals, I look forward to some WW mammoths and giants.

they could raise a dragon if they had a corpse i believe.

so there is that potential if dany and her 3 reach that area.

Also i believe your right about them attacking the boats. As in book 5 many of the wildling went to a boat instead the wall i believe (will have to reread it) and the losses were staggering.

One thing i remember is when the walkers showed up it got colder.. So they kinda bring the winter with them in a way
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 11:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And I think in the books they attacked the boats.  I'd assume if they can fight, they'd also be capable of swimming (all that maybe depends on the ability of the person when they were alive).

Also, let's say the Walkers somehow reanimate a dragon - would that dragon breathe ice?  But on a more related note, since they can bring back people or animals, I look forward to some WW mammoths and giants.

Children in the North grow up hearing stories about ice dragons. They may exist.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 04:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Children in the North grow up hearing stories about ice dragons. They may exist.

kinda rooting for Stanis to raise that stone dragon he keeps talking about.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 04:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: kinda rooting for Stanis to raise that stone dragon he keeps talking about.

Ok so I read up on that....I think it's something different, but I was also wondering what might happen if a dragon somehow got greyscale.  Or maybe if dragons have some sort of royality, the Red Woman could raise a shadow dragon (which I'm pretty sure would kick all ass).
Reply/Quote

See how the white walker that Jon encountered had the fire disappear around him? The same would happen. The cold would follow them, although it would take some time
Reply/Quote
Question if anyone can answer. Why didn't the undead from the white walker massacre go into the water after John Snow and the rest of the wildlings? Im assuming they can't freeze or die in the water so why stop at the edge to watch?
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 01:01 AM)GodFather Wrote: Question if anyone can answer. Why didn't the undead from the white walker massacre go into the water after John Snow and the rest of the wildlings? Im assuming they can't freeze or die in the water so why stop at the edge to watch?

I believe in the books, they did.  The WW General didn't command them to do so in the show.  Tactically speaking, it would seem to be pretty dumb - they shouldn't be able to catch-up to the rowboats.  And if they swam out to try to board the ships they should be easy to pick-off.

Then again, it looked like they must have had at least a few hundred thousand all along the shores.

Plus, maybe the WW General wanted to let them live to go and spread fear - if everyone runs in fear you take territory without even fighting.  But the backstory in the shows for the WW is terribly lacking...hopefully Sam fills in some of those gaps for us next season.  But most thought they were just myths or stories, so in that way the people know as much as we do.
Reply/Quote
Seriously he burned his daughter to death? I was sitting there thinking for a wanna be tyrant, he's not the worst of choices, and then he burns his daughter alive? The man who could listen to his daughter beg for her life and do nothing is the worst man alive.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 02:01 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I believe in the books, they did.  The WW General didn't command them to do so in the show.  Tactically speaking, it would seem to be pretty dumb - they shouldn't be able to catch-up to the rowboats.  And if they swam out to try to board the ships they should be easy to pick-off.

Then again, it looked like they must have had at least a few hundred thousand all along the shores.

Plus, maybe the WW General wanted to let them live to go and spread fear - if everyone runs in fear you take territory without even fighting.  But the backstory in the shows for the WW is terribly lacking...hopefully Sam fills in some of those gaps for us next season.  But most thought they were just myths or stories, so in that way the people know as much as we do.

picked off? with what dragon glass?

Send them off alive? they have no need for fear tactics infact the more they kill the stronger they become. as their numbers increase.

This isnt a typical army of typical soldiers.
Reply/Quote