Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
Chargers may have to release Bosa and or Khali Mack to get under the cap.... wonder if Bengals are waiting on one of those two?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:16 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Chargers may have to release Bosa and or Khali Mack to get under the cap.... wonder if Bengals are waiting on one of those two?

Give me Khalil Mack and I am happy. No to Joey Bosa, he is nothing like his bro, banged up all the time.

Mack is a damn good run stopper and pass rusher still. He would really help this team and it would help our rotation big time.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if there’s a chance Jonah ends up being the unexpected player to re-sign this year.

Also anyone interested in Hunter Renfrow as the new slot?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Give me Khalil Mack and I am happy. No to Joey Bosa, he is nothing like his bro, banged up all the time.

Mack is a damn good run stopper and pass rusher still. He would really help this team and it would help our rotation big time.

Yea Bosa has only played 14 games in 2 years... 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I’d love either one. Burrow was hanging with Bosa last weekend at a UFC event. Maybe there’s something happening?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We’ve released Nick Scott.

If II didn’t have work in a couple of hours I’d be getting on the beers to celebrate that useless prick being told to go bye bye.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d love either one. Burrow was hanging with Bosa last weekend at a UFC event. Maybe there’s something happening?

He was hanging with Nick Bosa, the good one who stays healthy, now if we could get that guy....
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:21 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I wonder if there’s a chance Jonah ends up being the unexpected player to re-sign this year.

Also anyone interested in Hunter Renfrow as the new slot?

Jonah Williams wasn't good last year (I think he rated 88th among OT or something ridiculous like that), but it was his first year at RT and solidifying that spot would mean the Bengals wouldn't have to be desperate in the draft. I suppose the Ravens wouldn't have traded their starting RT to the Bengals, as they did with the Jets for what amounted to a 6th and switch in spots in the 4th. But the Bengals need to find an RT during this free agency period and not rely on late cuts or the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mike Williams from the Chargers released... wonder if that effects anything Tee related.

While I have been increasingly a negative Nancy lately, there is some advantage to holding your fire until today as some teams have to make cap moves: Williams release, Moses trade, etc. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: Jonah Williams wasn't good last year (I think he rated 88th among OT or something ridiculous like that), but it was his first year at RT and solidifying that spot would mean the Bengals wouldn't have to be desperate in the draft. I suppose the Ravens wouldn't have traded their starting RT to the Bengals, as they did with the Jets for what amounted to a 6th and switch in spots in the 4th. But the Bengals need to find an RT during free agency and not rely on late cuts or the draft.

It would be like a last resort thing if we brought back Jonah I would think, but I would not be against it if it was all we could do to 
make sure RT isn't essential in the first 2 rounds. I would rather have Trent Brown or Becton even over Jonah though, just because 
I think these 2 would be cheaper and we only need a bridge gap RT since we most likely draft a talent early no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: While I have been increasingly a negative Nancy lately, there is some advantage to holding your fire until today as some teams have to make cap moves: Williams release, Moses trade, etc. 

I getcha, one thing though is that some of these so called moves could fall through if a workout doesn't work out etc.

Nothing is official until 4 est.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It would be like a last resort thing if we brought back Jonah I would think, but I would not be against it if it was all we could do to 
make sure RT isn't essential in the first 2 rounds. I would rather have Trent Brown or Becton even over Jonah though, just because 
I think these 2 would be cheaper and we only need a bridge gap RT since we most likely draft a talent early no matter what.

Why would you want Becton?  Last year he gave up 12 sacks and committed 18 penalties while posting a 53.2 PFF grade.  He missed the entire 2022 season and only play 1 game in 2021 before missing the rest of that season so he has basically played 1 season out of the last 3 and did horrible.  Even for a bridge Becton would be a bad idea.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d love either one. Burrow was hanging with Bosa last weekend at a UFC event. Maybe there’s something happening?

Joey Bosa is an edge/LB - doesn't make sense to sign him we are kind of loaded there ca[ wise and took a first round pick there last year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:48 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Teair Tart is not a suitable replacement for DJ Reader.  Tarts's PFF grade last year was 54.0, Reader's was 82.2.  Reader is one of the best run stopping DT's in the NFL, Tart isnt.    Reader is 335 pounds, Tart is 304.

It would be like saying if we lose Tee Higgins lets just pick up Kadarius Toney

I agree but they need to get on the ball.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals should go ahead and trade that shiny new 7th round conditional pick to the 49ers for Arik Armstead to obstruct him from hitting the open market. Then extend him.

That might be a feasible option for a 1 year rental.  His salary is $17.41M for this season, and the Bengals have the money.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That might be a feasible option for a 1 year rental.  His salary is $17.41M for this season, and the Bengals have the money.

1 year rental or extend him after you bring him in. Either way, trade the 7th so he doesn't hit the open market and you avoid competition...kind of like what the texans did with Mixon. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 1 year rental or extend him after you bring him in. Either way, trade the 7th so he doesn't hit the open market and you avoid competition...kind of like what the texans did with Mixon. 

Heading into his 10th season, having only been healthy for 21 games over the past two seasons?  Nah, I think that you just roll the dice with the one year rental, because you allowed yourself to get into a bind, if you're the Bengals Mgt. that is...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:37 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Why would you want Becton?  Last year he gave up 12 sacks and committed 18 penalties while posting a 53.2 PFF grade.  He missed the entire 2022 season and only play 1 game in 2021 before missing the rest of that season so he has basically played 1 season out of the last 3 and did horrible.  Even for a bridge Becton would be a bad idea.  

I heard that he played his best under Pollack as far fetched as that might sound. That sure isn't good though from you say.

A lot of people liked Becton in the Draft when he came out, but it sure sounds like he has been a bust from what you are saying.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That might be a feasible option for a 1 year rental.  His salary is $17.41M for this season, and the Bengals have the money.

Bengals are probably looking to get him at a "value" price.   Maybe 15 million instead of the cost of 17.41 for a trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:16 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Chargers may have to release Bosa and or Khali Mack to get under the cap.... wonder if Bengals are waiting on one of those two?

they went with player #3 and released WR Mike Willaims and renegotiated Khalil Mack's contract

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote